Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

When can we talk about Kyle Doherty? I see a player that can't hold the ball up, can't beat a man, doesn't win high balls and doesn't get into threatening positions.

Admittedly he is provided with little of any quality from his team mates

He's signed for next season too 😬

Time for Martin Rennie to play through the middle?

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

When can we talk about Kyle Doherty? I see a player that can't hold the ball up, can't beat a man, doesn't win high balls and doesn't get into threatening positions.

I agree but Rennie looks poor too, but we need something. I honestly can’t see us scoring again this season. 

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

He is pish there said it for you guys 👍👍

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

He worked very hard against Falkirk last week but was completely isolated for the whole game, we made no effort to get anyone near him.

Can’t comment on today as I didn’t go but overall I’ve not been too impressed.

Rennie was dreadful against Falkirk and looked like he couldn’t be arsed. Some of our players are very limited but at least give their all. I’ve no time for guys who won’t even put in a shift.

On 10/04/2023 at 00:17, FREDDYFRY said:

What's the alternative if it doesn't happen? If the boys club bid is favoured by Glasgow Council. Is it another 4 years at Hamilton or is there an alternative site that has not been disclosed in case it affects the bid the bid for CP? 

Reality is, I suppose, we can only look at one potential project at a time so I’d imagine that there is no alternative site (as has been said by club) until we know what’s happening with Crownpoint. 
if our bid is unsuccessful then I’d assume we continue as we have for last 25 years and rent a stadium and continue to not earn any income till we manage to secure somewhere as a home.
Therefore we have to all get behind the current project I’d say.

Remembering of course it’s not the club it’s the charity wing that are processing the bid etc. 

On the Crownpoint stuff, I do hope there isn’t any complacency about the absolute necessity to get this process right and secure this site. It is imperative for the club’s future in my view that this site is acquired but we need to make sure that we get some momentum behind our bid within the community and demonstrate to the council why we should take it over.

I know the matter of Finnart’s final consultation meeting (which gathered more than 400 people including a couple of local councillors) was raised and the club didn’t sound too concerned by it, but we can’t talk down to their efforts if we can’t get any momentum behind us either. The fact is that they’re a club with real current links to that community and can call on some of that support. We are to some extent relying on history and a future vision to sell to people, which isn’t easy.

2 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

We are to some extent relying on history and a future vision to sell to people, which isn’t easy.

Especially given most peoples recent exposure to the club was the protracted Goodwillie situation. 

"Please allow us to flourish in your community, just forget about the fact that less than 18 months ago we re-signed a rapist in the face of intense public scrutiny and our largest and most vocal fan group supported the move wholeheartedly. Don't worry about all that!"

Edited by Brian Carrigan

18 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Especially given most peoples recent exposure to the club was the protracted Goodwillie situation. 

"Please allow us to flourish in your community, just forget about the fact that less than 18 months ago we re-signed a rapist in the face of intense public scrutiny and our largest and most vocal fan group supported the move wholeheartedly. Don't worry about all that!"

If the way the Club has been run is focused on by the decision maker then it would not surprise me if the other bid is chosen. The fact that those running the Club left Broadwood with it only being at this stage is hugely frustrating and poor management given how it's went. 

8 minutes ago, BonnieClyde said:

If the way the Club has been run is focused on by the decision maker then it would not surprise me if the other bid is chosen.

100%. I would absolutely love for us to move to Crownpoint. My family is from Bridgeton and after various years of being a nomad I've recently moved to Duke Street. The whole situation would be hideously convenient for me.

However being realistic and without taking promises into account, would the decision maker really trust anything coming from the current board of Clyde FC compared to those involved at Finnart? Especially after looking at whats actually happened in the last decade or so? I severely doubt it. If we get it, it will be because we have the 'prestige' of being a league club.

I want it to happen, I really do, but until I'm actually watching a Clyde game there I just cannot fathom it happening.

33 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

However it’s not actually Clyde FC nor the board who are submitting the bid it’s the Charity foundation. 

In the eyes of many, that’s just pulling hairs tho. As mentioned, Clyde FC doesn’t have the best name after the last few years and we’re dealing with a lot of politics in a decision like this.

I understand that it isn’t the Clyde board itself dealing with this, but the Community Foundation and the running of it is inextricably linked with the hierarchy at the club. If that wasn’t the case, we wouldn’t be hearing about the bid at members’ meetings and on the club website. I think it’s a concern that this board - whose record on major decisions has been patchy at best in recent times - have a role to play in this, especially against a club who are ‘in the weeds’ in that neck of the woods.