Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I may be wrong but I don't recall any falling out when they were at Dumbarton. He played loads under Duffy and was retained by Farrell the following season. 

He's been training on his own was supposed to be loaned out that is now not happening, all Duffys doing.

19 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We won't see Duthie again this season Duffy doesn't like him he is training on his own

Completely untrue he's training with full team and doing extra work on his own with the Clyde Physio's

4 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Wouldn't be like Clyde fans on here to talk absolute shite

I think there's been some crossed wires somewhere. Duthie and Duffy definitely didn't fall out at Dumbarton but Duthie was known to do extra training on his own, coming back from a 2 year ban he felt he needed to put in extra - I assume he's doing the same coming back from this issue and someone has put 2 and 2 together to make 5. Duthie's attitude is as good as you get, I'd be amazed if Duffy was freezing him out.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Duthie's attitude is as good as you get, I'd be amazed if Duffy was freezing him out.

It makes even less sense when you consider our league position and how handy Duthie would be in our starting line up. Duffy is a lot of things, but he doesn't strike me as the type to indulge in nose cutting and face spiting.

Was confirmed by a director that it’s utter nonsense. The player is now in full contact training with the team and still continuing additional rehab and strength work  with the physio on his own.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

re Rennie interview It's good to have some information from the horses mouth regarding what we can expect from a new player rather than some of the nonsense Danny Lennon was spouting about the likes of Billy Mortimer and Kieran McGrath

4 hours ago, CM. said:

re Rennie interview It's good to have some information from the horses mouth regarding what we can expect from a new player rather than some of the nonsense Danny Lennon was spouting about the likes of Billy Mortimer and Kieran McGrath

Danny was putting his full time occupation to good use. He had us under his spell for a long time.

8 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

... and CB is probably the last place we need another signing, unless Thicot can be shovelled out. With that in mind, welcome back, Alan!

If it means we never see Thicot again I’m all for it. I reckon Lithgow will be an improvement on anyone else we have in there.