Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Full backs have been killing all season as predicted. (Not just this season actually).

There must be something better out there, better still get a decent midfield player and get Cudihay back to RB where he is more effective in my opinion.

Sula was a big improvement on Thicot for sure, and I thought the team looked far better for Craig's absence. I am absolutely baffled as to why he's been signed up for the rest of the season. The lad does his best, but he's nowhere near good enough. And since the evidence suggests the deal with Killie requires him to play all the time, this is going to be a major drag on the team for the rest of the season.

I like Cudihay but at L1 level he is limited in midfield, coupled with his fitness issues. However as a full back in L1 he is very good. That’s the difference, again only my opinion, also as I said if we manage to get a decent midfield player.

30 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I like Cudihay but at L1 level he is limited in midfield, coupled with his fitness issues. However as a full back in L1 he is very good. That’s the difference, again only my opinion, also as I said if we manage to get a decent midfield player.

I am Cuddihy's biggest fan but for me he should be the 12th player at this level. In other words, he'll probably play the majority of games,  maybe at right-back, maybe in different midfield roles, and be absolutely competent, but there should be an argument he is not in your best eleven. 

I just want to also throw this out there from last season's Lowland League:

Gretna 2008 34 2 5 27 36 107 -71 11

We had FOUR players from that team in our 16 man squad tonight. Absolutely criminal.

8 hours ago, David W said:

I am Cuddihy's biggest fan but for me he should be the 12th player at this level. In other words, he'll probably play the majority of games,  maybe at right-back, maybe in different midfield roles, and be absolutely competent, but there should be an argument he is not in your best eleven. 

We had FOUR players from that team in our 16 man squad tonight. Absolutely criminal.

I never realised we had that many ex Gretna players in the squad. That’s horrific. 

8 hours ago, David W said:

There’s no argument with our current squad that Cuddihy should be playing every minute.

Who are the four from Gretna? Ewan Cameron, olly McDonald, not sure of the other 2. 

Thought Sula played really well last night and him and grant need to get given some games together because Mclean and Thicot just aren’t good enough. Full backs need sorted ASAP. But hopefully with Ray Grant, Duthie, Mullen coming back and a new signing or two we can get a new lease of life and give it everything till the end of the season. 

Hoping Cameron, Hendji and all the other duff Gretna boys get their contracts terminated though, all a waste of a wage. 

11 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

I thought the team looked far better for Craig's absence. I am absolutely baffled as to why he's been signed up for the rest of the season. 

He was brought in because Lennon planned to use Rodden and Hendji there but it became clear within a nanosecond of game time that neither were anywhere close to the level required to get a start in a bad Clyde team (disappointingly in Rodden's case given how well he done last season, albeit at a lower level). Our best left back currently is PK, but he's needed further up the park.

Although Hendji looked a bit better last night, I don't really think there can be many arguments about Craig being the marginal best of a bad bunch of left backs.

14 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Hoping Cameron, Hendji and all the other duff Gretna boys get their contracts terminated though, all a waste of a wage. 

Agree here but I honestly think we'll be going with the current group until the end of the season. Duffy has had plenty of time to bring players in to improve the squad and there hasn't been a hint of an addition. Gomis leaving made me hopeful but I doubt the wage will be allowed to be used for any new bodies.