Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Firstly Clyde are a great club. You know the history greater than me but it’s an illustrious history. Sadly that’s a long time ago.

Second for a variety of reasons there is probably no club in Scotland that has declined as much as Clyde over the last 50 years. Much stems from the loss of Shawfield and the total dominance of The bigots killing the good guys.

Third, I agee that the Club is in very real structural trouble. No ground, little money, a largely lapsed support and a  very weak current team. Their is a very real danger of obscurity if action is not taken and taken quickly.

Their is clearly no easy fix. QP have shown that smaller clubs can rejuvenate but they got a windfall. As a Hibs fan I can also vouch they have outstanding leadership in the name of Dempster. Leadership is the key.

.Frankly the current Board need to accept that while  they may be doing their best they simply don’t have the resource or motivational or even branding/ marketing ability to succeed and need to seek external investment.

They may  be decent people but they don’t seem like leaders and they certainly don’t seem to have sufficient capital. Shareholders need to pressurise them to seek a new owner with the proviso of agreed capital injection.

I would suggest you need a minimum of £2m to kickstart things probably quite a bit more and that’s a big ask, but frankly without it I am not sure where you go. 

Promotion showed there is still a residual goodwill to the club with well over 2000 in the ground. I suspect their remains a similar number of interested occasionals which is about enough to build something.

But the shareholders need to urgently encourage the Board to find new external capital. It may not be possible but it’s the best, possibly only hope.

You need a home (and I would still suggest Shawfield even if it is a state if it could be bought?). A club without hope is lost and sadly that is the current danger. The Board need to be told to get a move on 

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

images.jpeg-7.jpg

Is that Jim Duffy?

Re: Crownpoint. If the abomination that is New Meadowbank is anything to go by you don't need much to have a stadium fit for the Scottish League these days. 

This just shows the state of the club. Thus should be pinned up in the boardroom to show what a c**t of it they are making. Fans ultimately vote with their feet. 

I'm too young to remember being nomads before but we're back where we started 30 years ago. Back then from what I hear and see in memorabilia we had very good crowds the last time and couple that with a backer putting money in...that's how we survived. You can't CANT be nomads in the modern game in Scotland now perhaps unless you were maybe 1 of 4 clubs in this country. Our support is disappearing via people finding better things to do or unfortunately age. This club is so toxic and wandering in the dark that they won't attract a young generation of fans to follow. 

Just look at where the last nomads are...stuck in the Lowland league infront of a couple hundred. That's us soon if action isn't taken. 

Even if we somehow get crownpoint. Then what? Can we trust this board to somehow find the money and be able to deliver a decent small stadia? Personally no! They can't and won't. At best we would end up with a Meadowbank type effort which is absolutely fucking honking. If any plans involve a running track then what's the point. Look at how shit even our national stadium in eith a track.

Screenshot_20230109_080950_YouTube.jpg

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

At best we would end up with a Meadowbank type effort which is absolutely fucking honking. If any plans involve a running track then what's the point. Look at how shit even our national stadium in eith a track.

Believe it's the other pitch we're focusing on rather than the one with the running track around it. 

Just watched the highlights. That is an unbelievably stupid challenge from Thicot for the penalty. Kurtis Roberts reaction says it all really. 

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

At best we would end up with a Meadowbank type effort which is absolutely fucking honking. If any plans involve a running track then what's the point. Look at how shit even our national stadium in eith a track.

The pitch will not have a running track around it.  The part of the site with a running track will not be touched, it's the south-west(?) area that is to be developed.    

I've just realised we've surpassed our long winless league run from 2010/11 now. That was 14 games and we're now on 17. Although because of postponments galore in 2010/11, our time scale without a league win (14 Aug - 15 Feb) is actually still longer than the current one as it stands. 

1 hour ago, CM. said:

Believe it's the other pitch we're focusing on rather than the one with the running track around it. 

Just watched the highlights. That is an unbelievably stupid challenge from Thicot for the penalty. Kurtis Roberts reaction says it all really. 

Sloppy clearance for the first goal, which his man then scores. His man also heads the ball off the bar later on. Then the penalty. He also got randomly caught on the ball earlier on and we were lucky it was Cuddihy covering back against Agyeman. Not a great outing.

Those highlights are absolutely sickening, so many players choosing the wrong option.

Having been unsure at the game, I think the red card was 100% correct.

55 minutes ago, David W said:

Sloppy clearance for the first goal, which his man then scores. His man also heads the ball off the bar later on. Then the penalty. He also got randomly caught on the ball earlier on and we were lucky it was Cuddihy covering back against Agyeman. Not a great outing.

Those highlights are absolutely sickening, so many players choosing the wrong option.

Having been unsure at the game, I think the red card was 100% correct.

Thicot is an absolute horror show, hope we never see him again. Also what was the point in pursuing the Slovakian lad, with all the waiting for work permits etc for him to barely feature. We could have not bothered loaning out Cassidy or plucked another of Gretna 2008s ‘stars’ to fill a space on the bench if that’s all we wanted. There in no way Sula can be worse than Thicot surely. 

11 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

This just shows the state of the club. Thus should be pinned up in the boardroom to show what a c**t of it they are making. Fans ultimately vote with their feet. 

I'm too young to remember being nomads before but we're back where we started 30 years ago. Back then from what I hear and see in memorabilia we had very good crowds the last time and couple that with a backer putting money in...that's how we survived. You can't CANT be nomads in the modern game in Scotland now perhaps unless you were maybe 1 of 4 clubs in this country. Our support is disappearing via people finding better things to do or unfortunately age. This club is so toxic and wandering in the dark that they won't attract a young generation of fans to follow. 

Just look at where the last nomads are...stuck in the Lowland league infront of a couple hundred. That's us soon if action isn't taken. 

Even if we somehow get crownpoint. Then what? Can we trust this board to somehow find the money and be able to deliver a decent small stadia? Personally no! They can't and won't. At best we would end up with a Meadowbank type effort which is absolutely fucking honking. If any plans involve a running track then what's the point. Look at how shit even our national stadium in eith a track.

Screenshot_20230109_080950_YouTube.jpg

I find it amazing that despite that crowd photo, the official crowd number was 609… no wonder the accounting side of the club is in such a mess…it looks nearer 400 so adding up clearly isn’t their strong point……

On 08/01/2023 at 17:09, No Jags Please said:

Some good posts here cheers, anyone know the answer to this?

Are the Clyde board

A) a bunch of dinosaurs who have a bit of doh and are clinging on to the power of an association club purely for some sort of unfathomable kudos?

B) just punters like us, doing all the background work involved in running the club and just not making a very good job of it?

C) something other than they 2 options?

I genuinely have no idea but it feels to me like A and if that is the case it is an extremely difficult situation to come back from. 

I get that some folk just like a moan and the fact that their club is in an awful state is providing plenty to moan at but I just dont think it helps the situation and would rather hear possible scenarios or ideas that could actually make some sort of difference so thought I'd ask 👍

They are B) imho. Punters like us who are life long supporters, love the club and are doing the best job they can. In fact unlike us because they are doing it and we are not. 

7 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Just hopped on here to see if anything was being said about the upcoming game. Is Thicot that bad? Thought he was a stand out against us in the 3-3.

He’s excellent and he can yours for the bargain price of £50,000. Cash up front and no returns. 

16 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Just hopped on here to see if anything was being said about the upcoming game. Is Thicot that bad? Thought he was a stand out against us in the 3-3.

He had played well against Dunfermline the previous week and was fine last time against QotS. I think he seriously struggles when there is any space either side of him and on Saturday we changed to a back four, with fullbacks playing high, particularly after the early red card. He also really struggled playing as an outside centre half in a back three (v Airdrie as an example).

V Dunfermline, Falkirk we played very compact and v QotS he was centre of a back three.

Just managed to summon the courage to watch the highlights from that horror show on Saturday. 

I thought the first goal was bad enough when witnessed it live, but when you watch it again it’s criminal. From Thicot giving the ball away initially (set theme for entire game) Scullion sleeping when short corner taken, Thicot losing his man, Roberts then not picked the resultant runner then all moaning at each other, shocking.

Even second goal, obviously there is the Thicot factor but Allan again gives ball away cheaply by not holding it up. Even the penalty kick itself Parry’s attempt getting down was pathetically slow (not blaming really but his movement now is just non existent). 

This squad has so many issues it’s a complete rip up and start again job..awful and avoidable situation so embarrassing. 

The calls for Duffy to go now whilst understandable are absolutely unrealistic. 

The blame for the current situation lies solely at the feet of the current board and Danny Lennon respectfully. 

Lennon should have been relieved of his duties long before he was and he coasted by on goodwill from promotion and being an undoubtedly “ nice guy” and a “ good football man”. He was given numerous transfer windows and wasted a lot of transfer budget on players that weren’t good enough and can’t be moved on. Will be interested to see if he gets another job as I personally think at this stage he is at his point in his career where he would make a better assistant manager. The board should have seen the Groundhog Day and he should have been moved on in the summer, giving him a new deal and this season was completely reckless. 

The club is currently at as low a point as I can remember and looking back it’s easy to see how we ended up here. From decisions that are decades old to things as simple as 4 different chairmen in 6 years.

The club has no leadership and when things are going well on the park like the 18 months of the promotion and the half season in league 1 it’s excusable. When you are being served up utter nonsense football by players no where near good enough season after season then it’s unforgivable. 

it’s a sad state of affairs, but ultimately Duffy won’t be going anywhere and the next 2-3 weeks will be crucial in staying up this year. Recruitment has to be spot on.

Everything from the ground up needs to be looked at just now, from the CIC model, the value we get from the recruitment team a football philosophy and a new manager capable of delivering it. A complete reset of everything required ready to go again this summer if we are in league 1 or not