Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

While it's been two defeats, I thought Clyde probably showed enough on Saturday and presumably against Alloa to justify Moore getting a few more games. Admittedly they never looked like scoring but equally if it wasn't for the penalty I don't think Airdrie were scoring either, although that was partially due to our own issues. Duffy might do a decent job steadying things but he was hardly a roaring success in his last couple of jobs. He's possibly the one manager with an even worse recruitment record than Danny Lennon too :lol: 

Not overly excited about that appointment but will give him a chance. What I will say is he recruited some good defenders among awful squads. Declan Gallagher, Marr, McQueen, Marsh and loans like Fordyce and Lamie who although weren't here long enough to make much of an impact, have went on to have decent careers. Hopefully he can find a full back or 2 in January.

Edited by CM.

That is not an inspiring appointment. That's not to say it won't work, but it's not one to spark much in the way of hope or interest and (as has been said) his recruitment is usually pretty poor too.

I hope his contract is only until the summer, for now at least.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I honestly can’t believe this, we’ve sacked Danny primarily for poor recruitment and employed the guy who signed some of the worst players I’ve ever seen.

Bad enough the same shite players like Lyon reappearing now the same shite managers. I’ve tried to persevere through this shit show of a season but this is the final straw.

I must admit, I didn't for one minute see that occurring. The only thing I'd say is that I've not seen a single name mentioned that I was remotely interested in; there's a real dearth of candidates presently

Duffy didn't leave on bad terms and we were a decent enough L2 side in his final year, albeit very lucky to have a consistent side. We should have got to the playoff final as we were clearly better than East Fife. However, there were some absolute horror runs of form, partly budget related, in the previous seasons though. His transfer record at a host of clubs has been shocking. 

The good news for Duffy is that if he manages to take a point between now and the end of February then he's an improvement.

On 01/11/2022 at 19:16, Right in the Stanchion said:

For what it's worth I reckon Duffy would be an ideal appointment for the rest of the season. He'd keep you up - has a track record of doing solid jobs on miniscule budgets and squads at Dumbarton and Morton (he was harshly sacked from both in my opinion). Not saying it's a long-term solution but it's about as safe a pair of hands you could realistically (and cheaply) go for.

Standing by this. Happy to eat humble pie etc etc. (Fair play by Moonster pointing out that Dumbarton didn't sack Duffers btw)

I don’t really find the appointment that surprising to be honest, assuming the deal is to the summer. 

We are paying off a huge contract, are currently consigned to a relegation fight and it’s 7th of November. We have to be one of the most unattractive jobs in the country. 

It was always going to be a Duffy/Bollan type. Looking for a way back into the game, available and experienced. Duffy also knows the club. 

If it’s the right appointment time will tell, hopefully he will tighten the ship and we will stop losing daft goals. 

I guess one positive is that Dumbarton never got relegated when he was there and went straight down after he left. Maybe he can get the players fighting and battling for points. Who knows, sometimes you need to look for the positives even if there aren’t many.

Here’s hoping he can keep us up and he can hand over a league 1 club to a better candidate in the summer

Edited by Ocelot1877

I'm trying to think of the advantages of Duffy returning.

The only one I can think of is you can now go for a pee halfway through the second half and know you're not going to miss any excitement.

Come to think of it, you'll be able to go anytime during the match and not miss any excitement.

As an older gentleman with weak bladder, this should not to be dismissed as any minor benefit.

Don't really have much to grumble about with this, any recruitment he undertakes surely won't be any worse than Lennon/Moore's and nobody in their right mind would want to touch us right now with a relegation all-but nailed on to their CV as a result. If anyone could stink us through a play-off, it is probably him. With that said, it is a questionable move on Duffy's part. If I had a dodgy ticker then I would avoid such a soft-centred, goal-gifting team at all costs.