Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

8 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Would rather see us go for a young up and coming manager rather than one of the usual dinosaurs that get trotted out for every job.

Maybe a manager from the lowland or even wos leagues that has had success and hungry to progress in the game.

Sorry..disagree entirely. Our aim, however slim, is to stay in this league…and I would go for experience just now. And get those recruitment charlatans tae feck. It’s going to be a tough job regardless who takes it though. 

The Club have not actually stated that they will be recruiting a manager. Are they waiting to see how things go with AM in charge or have they not decided yet? I expect they’ll already have been contacted by hopefuls, so that may have a bearing on their decision. Need to get this one right!

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

The Club have not actually stated that they will be recruiting a manager. Are they waiting to see how things go with AM in charge or have they not decided yet? I expect they’ll already have been contacted by hopefuls, so that may have a bearing on their decision. Need to get this one right!

Yeah, salary saved to cover the redundancy payment. Very possible.

Hi, my name is Matthew and I am a second-year student journalist at City of Glasgow College. I have published an article on potential candidates to replace Danny. I've attached a link if anybody would be interested in reading. Thanks. :) 

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/11/1/next-manager-options-three-candidates-to-replace-danny-lennon-at-clyde 

I've seen a few comments from Clyde fans on Twitter saying Graham Diamond and PJ Corr should follow Danny out the door.

Would I be correct in thinking that Diamond, as Head of Football Operations, was Danny Lennon's boss? If so, does that mean "Mr No" was involved in the decision to sack Danny?

Would he now be a major player in recruiting a new manager?

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

I've seen a few comments from Clyde fans on Twitter saying Graham Diamond and PJ Corr should follow Danny out the door.

Would I be correct in thinking that Diamond, as Head of Football Operations, was Danny Lennon's boss? If so, does that mean "Mr No" was involved in the decision to sack Danny?

f**k knows what that lump of lard actually does. 

I suspect like many have said, that Allan Moore will be here till end of the season. Obviously in the unlikely event that he performed a miracle and we survive he would deserve the job permanently. In fact, given some of the folk available and mentioned I’d rather have Moore than likes of Peter Grant, Yogie, McKinnon, Kenny Miller,  etc.

Much as I’d love some kind of proven successful manager I really can’t see how we could attract anyone with proven pedigree. Even on the premise of offering a platform to rebuild a career I don’t think we actually have that realistic platform. Who would that even be?

Fantasy names:
Jack Ross obviously mentioned often but that is fantasy. As is Thomson.

Tommy Wright? Again very much doubt he would be interested in coming given our situation, even if we could afford him?

Craig Bryson? Big gamble even if interested.

kenny Sheils? what he up to these days. Certainly get headlines.

Steven Naismith? Again can’t see it for all the reasons before. Also unproven. 

As I say absolutely no clue who is available to a club like ours or who would be interested given our current situation on and off the park.

If nothing else at least it gives us some speculation to wile away the days between defeats. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Happy to give Moorey a run for a while and let him implement his own style & ways. He knows the club, players and the fans have a lot of time for him aswell. He admitted post match on sat that we are already in a dog fight with Peterhead, not great hearing but at least he knows how serious the situation is and what has to be done. 

48 minutes ago, MatthewM02 said:

Hi, my name is Matthew and I am a second-year student journalist at City of Glasgow College. I have published an article on potential candidates to replace Danny. I've attached a link if anybody would be interested in reading. Thanks. :) 

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/11/1/next-manager-options-three-candidates-to-replace-danny-lennon-at-clyde 

This is really well written mate, good work! 

35 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'm not convinced either but I don't think people on Twitter can judge those two.

Danny Lennon failing to meet his remit was obvious. 9 consecutive defeats, glaring holes in the squad etc.

I, and Twitter, have no idea what they've contributed in terms of recruitment. On the face of it, it's unimpressive, but I have no idea what players they have found and recommended. Did DL choose to go in a different direction, or were we simply unable to close deals for whatever reason? More information required.

15 minutes ago, David W said:

I'm not convinced either but I don't think people on Twitter can judge those two.

Danny Lennon failing to meet his remit was obvious. 9 consecutive defeats, glaring holes in the squad etc.

I, and Twitter, have no idea what they've contributed in terms of recruitment. On the face of it, it's unimpressive, but I have no idea what players they have found and recommended. Did DL choose to go in a different direction, or were we simply unable to close deals for whatever reason? More information required.

You'd think as a fan owned club there would be some degree of transparency available to owners. It's one of the (myriad) reasons I didn't renew. Paying two people to do jobs when we have no idea of their day-to-day and the downstream process - especially when he have volunteers propping the club up at various levels. Absolutely horrendous from the club.

It just makes it look like the real reason we have no info is the club has been conned into giving two charlatans contracts. It wouldn't surprise me if the board wasn't even aware of their process. We can't even name one player that's come from those people.

23 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

You'd think as a fan owned club there would be some degree of transparency available to owners. It's one of the (myriad) reasons I didn't renew. Paying two people to do jobs when we have no idea of their day-to-day and the downstream process - especially when he have volunteers propping the club up at various levels. Absolutely horrendous from the club.

It just makes it look like the real reason we have no info is the club has been conned into giving two charlatans contracts. It wouldn't surprise me if the board wasn't even aware of their process. We can't even name one player that's come from those people.

I can tell you that Corr spends most Saturdays watching his half of the ugly sisters. 

With regards to Diamond and Corr. We really don’t know much about what they done and how Danny worked with them. This should be addressed at the meeting , as they might be getting it in the neck for Danny not wanting to work with them. For what it’s worth, the repeated failings in areas regarding recruitment and bringing back Nicoll, Munro, Lyon etc reeks of Danny acting and not a recruitment team. 

In terms of a new manager I reckon we either give it to Moore for the season or we end up with someone like Jim Duffy to try and sure things up for the rest of the season. A new manager would want a summer window and a club not engaging in a relegation battle on November 1st. 

January 2018
Tom Lang, Ally Love, Jack Boyle (loan), Dylan Cogill (loan), Adam Martin (loan), Kyle Gourlay (loan), Steve Kipre, Ray Grant, Chris McStay.

Summer 2018
John Rankin, David Hopkirk, Joe Gorman, Eddie Ferns, Kieran Hughes, Jack Boyle, Scott Rumsby, Mark Lamont, Dylan Cogill, Declan Fitzpatrick, Karim Belmokhtar, Kristoffer Syvertsen, Ross Lyon.

January 2019
Scott Banks (loan).

Summer 2019
David Mitchell, Darren Smith, Tony Wallace, Chris Johnston, Liam Allison, Craig Howie, Alex Petkov (loan), Michael McMullin.

January 2020
Ross Cunningham (loan), Tom Lang (loan), Adam Livingstone (loan), Gregg Wylde.

Summer 2020
Ross Cunningham, Jamie Bain, Matej Vajs, Lloyd Robertson, David Wilson, Tom Lang, Cammy Palmer (loan), Matthew Shiels (loan), Josh Jack (loan), Jay Henderson (loan).

January 2021
Kevin Nicoll, Lewis Jamieson (loan), Jack Thomson (loan), Zac Butterworth (loan), Kane Ritchie-Hosler (loan), Ewan Otoo (loan), Michael McGlinchey, Marky Munro, Aidan Cassidy.

Summer 2021
Aaron Splaine, Morgaro Gomis, Neil Parry, Adam Livingstone, Kieran McGrath, Mark Docherty, Jonathan Page, Harry Robinson, Robert Jones, Billy Mortimer, Matthew Elsdon, Paul Kennedy, Owen Andrew, Josh Bradley-Hurst, Conrad Balatoni, Euan Deveney, Gregory Tade.

January 2022
Nick McAllister (loan), Lewis Jamieson (loan), Monday Samuel. 

Summer 2022
Erik Sula, Brian McLean, Peter Grant, Ray Grant, Conner Duthie, Nathan Nyamsi, Kurtis Roberts, Ross Lyon, Jordan Allan, Cammy Ross, Olly McDonald, Andy Rodden, Liam Scullion, Euan Cameron, Steven Thicot, Ryan Mullen, Jon Craig (loan).

Using transfermarkt, that's every transfer window under Danny Lennon. Some right nightmares in amongst that lot with arguably the only good windows being his very first (Lang, Love, Grant, McStay and the Huddersfield loans) followed by January 2020 minus Wylde as the 3 loans made us a better side and we had that 3 wins on the trot and looked to be heading up the table before covid hit and the season was curtailed. Even summer of the promotion year, only Rankin, Lamont & Syvertsen really made an impact IMO. Belmokhtar could've possibly hit plenty of goals if he never went AWOL.

Edited by CM.