Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Both Cumbernauld and Greenfaulds train stations are a pain in the arse to get to from most parts of Cumbernauld.

Greenfaulds has no public transport and for most areas you need to get a bus up to the Town Centre then walk to Cumbernauld Station.

I've just drove through, there is plenty of parking, but have made less games this season due to the move.

Board Member 1: Quick, we better get rid of Danny Lennon before the Owners meeting or we'll get lots of abuse for not doing so.

*Puts Lennon on gardening leave*

Board Member 2: Wait, now we'll just get lots of abuse for not getting rid of him before now, giving him a 2 year extension in May, the useless recruitment team still being in place, the clubs finances already being poor, the club being homeless, the fact we never communicate with the fans despite approximately 1 million promises to do so and, questions about who we're going to hire next and how will we afford them. AND we don't have Lennon to waffle on about tactics and effort and use up half the time for us.

*Postpones meeting*

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Alternatively, they've rightly decided that a members-only meeting regarding such matters as a managerial change and stadium move is divisory suicide, but one day's notice is too soon to throw it open to all. Plus, they've also decided to now stream it.

I'm critical of plenty of things going on at Clyde but not this.

20 minutes ago, David W said:

Alternatively, they've rightly decided that a members-only meeting regarding such matters as a managerial change and stadium move is divisory suicide, but one day's notice is too soon to throw it open to all. Plus, they've also decided to now stream it.

I'm critical of plenty of things going on at Clyde but not this.

I obviously have no issue with it being opened up to all fans but the meeting was always going to include discussion about the teams on the field performance, the managers position and the stadium move. Lennon leaving really doesn't change the topics of discussion much at all.

The meeting was already being streamed.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Was he not a pretty decent manager in his first spell for you's? Can think of worse than than him such as Yogi, Gus MacPherson, David Hopkin and Peter Grant.
Pretty much what Mr November said. His first spell with us he had one of if not the biggest budget in the division, a side full of FT players in a division full of PT sides and arguably our best bunch of youngsters in my time watching QoS all on the books breaking through. He had us playing some decent football but when you look at his record since that side I reckon it was more to do with the squad rather than his 'style of football'.

For me his biggest mistake was leaving us for Killie. I said at the time it was too big a jump and he's been on a downward spiral ever since. I can't see any Championship clubs sniffing about him so a move to a side like Clyde where he can start again is about his best bet.

Bit of a laugh regarding Danny's recruitment.

Billy Mortimer left EK today to return to Cumbernauld Colts. Owen Andrew and Kieran McGrath have been released from Linlithgow Rose and Albion Rovers respectively.

Three players that Danny thought were good enough, signed and gave various lengths of deals to have dropped down levels and have been released by their next clubs before fucking Christmas. An absolute joke.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Bit of a laugh regarding Danny's recruitment.

Billy Mortimer left EK today to return to Cumbernauld Colts. Owen Andrew and Kieran McGrath have been released from Linlithgow Rose and Albion Rovers respectively.

Three players that Danny thought were good enough, signed and gave various lengths of deals to have dropped down levels and have been released by their next clubs before fucking Christmas. An absolute joke.

Unbelievable state of affairs, as been said by 99% of supporters both on here and official site both at the time is signing these guys and others, “why are we signing these guys?”

I / we will never understand how experienced managers ever thought any of them or those currently at the club could ever be good enough.

Completely mind boggling!

15 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Don’t forget he signed Rob Jones as well. The single worst “striker” we’ve ever seen. And that was after seeing him be dug shite for Dumbarton the previous season. 

Unbelievable.

Has everyone forgot about the so called recruitment comic double act we have on the wage bill waste of money 

48 minutes ago, Weehowee said:

Has everyone forgot about the so called recruitment comic double act we have on the wage bill waste of money 

That duet has to be the biggest failure in a long line of failures over the years. They have contributed the square root of zero and the fact is that we have went backwards at an alarming rate since they arrived.

Add that the the fact we hear absolutely nothing from them… ever, not even when asked a direct question at a fans forum.
Total Embarrassment!

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

That duet has to be the biggest failure in a long line of failures over the years. They have contributed the square root of zero and the fact is that we have went backwards at an alarming rate since they arrived.

Add that the the fact we hear absolutely nothing from them… ever, not even when asked a direct question at a fans forum.
Total Embarrassment!

We did hear something - NO

Why didn't Danny leave previously when he could have on much better terms? 
Some great memories under Danny Lennon particularly his first 18 months.
Would you leave if you were working for morons who chuck huge contracts at you they then can't afford to let you go from?