Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What makes Clyde fans think they'll be in a position to appoint another manager with Lennon on the books? Surely if there's money there for that then binning Lennon and his team is the first thing to do. From my uneducated outside view it looks like you'll be going with Moore until such time as you can afford to punt Lennon/he finds another job. 

That's my understanding of things too. On gardening leave until we can either agree a pay off or avoid it if he gets a gig elsewhere. 

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What makes Clyde fans think they'll be in a position to appoint another manager with Lennon on the books? Surely if there's money there for that then binning Lennon and his team is the first thing to do. From my uneducated outside view it looks like you'll be going with Moore until such time as you can afford to punt Lennon/he finds another job. 

This is 100% what's happened.

One of my main worries here is we won't be advertising for a new manager until Danny's situation is sorted, so the board won't have any sort of idea about good applicants until then. That's more than enough time for PG Snr to be in the ears of those up the top, which would be horrendous. Hopefully the board know that appointing that charlatan is a no-go even if both his boys are on the books.

On 19/10/2022 at 11:28, The 55 said:

HAVE NOT GOT THE MONEY TO MAKE ANYONE REDUNDANT. SIMPLE REALLY.

Clearly a statement which leaves room for manoeuvre, but I will stick with my initial reading of the situation for the time being. 

At least he won't have to face the fans at the meeting being held. 

42 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

One of my main worries here is we won't be advertising for a new manager until Danny's situation is sorted, so the board won't have any sort of idea about good applicants until then. That's more than enough time for PG Snr to be in the ears of those up the top, which would be horrendous. Hopefully the board know that appointing that charlatan is a no-go even if both his boys are on the books.

I'm sure we will be nosing around seeing who is available and drawing up a list of potential candidates. Whether they choose to apply when the time comes will be the greater issue I presume. Realistically who would want a job at Clyde right now? The club is down a dark dark whole. Happy to give Moorey a shot at the helm for a while - it can't be any worse that the last 9 games.

Saw the managerial news on Twitter, although what caught my eye was somebody having a dig at the club for closing down it's community work in Cumbernauld, kids football etc.

Seemed to a bit harsh since the Cumbernauld chapter is now closed and the club move on. 

Leaving that aside, the question i'd liked answered was, did the move 20 miles away lose much of the Cumbernauld based Clyde fans?

Edited by PossilYM

7 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Saw the managerial news on Twitter, although what caught my eye was somebody having a dig at the club for closing down it's community work in Cumbernauld, kids football etc.

Seemed to a bit harsh since the Cumbernauld chapter is now closed and the club move on. 

Leaving that aside, the question i'd liked answered was, did the move 20 miles away lose much of the Cumbernauld based Clyde fans?

The community foundation is nothing to do with the club either so the guy was already barking up the wrong tree by having a wee cry at Clyde FC. 

From what I've seen so far this season most of the regulars from Broadwood have been at NDP.

1 minute ago, CM. said:

The community foundation is nothing to do with the club either so the guy was already barking up the wrong tree by having a wee cry at Clyde FC. 

From what I've seen so far this season most of the regulars from Broadwood have been at NDP.

That's good to know.

Like a lot of folks over a certain age i never really got over Clyde leaving Shawfield.

The funny looks when you say you saw Clyde playing Airdrie in a relegation battle at the end of the season and 10,000 punters paid in to watch. Or the trainer chasing a lad who'd stolen one of the corner flags up Main St Bridgeton after the floodlights failure v Partick Thistle.

29 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

I’m a Cumbernauld Clyde fan. Have been to less games this season down to the fact a 20-25 minute drive compared to a 10 minute stroll down the road to watch us play dismal football is not attractive. Added to the fact there is no concession (student) ticket options - paying £17 a pop is not attractive either. 

7 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

I’m a Cumbernauld Clyde fan. Have been to less games this season down to the fact a 20-25 minute drive compared to a 10 minute stroll down the road to watch us play dismal football is not attractive. Added to the fact there is no concession (student) ticket options - paying £17 a pop is not attractive either. 

Students with cars?

Didn't the Scottish Government issue everybody under 22 with a free bus pass?

Btw, that's was in jest.

Broadwood to Hamilton seems an awkward one using public transport.

Was/is there not a Clyde supporters bus from Cumbernauld?

14 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Students with cars?

Btw, that's was in jest.

You can get a train from Cumbernauld direct to hamilton. 

I'm from EK and old enough to have had to travel by bus to Shawfield then onto Firhill and Douglas Park. Finally only getting in the car to for the half hour drive to Broadwood.

You've been lucky so far.

4 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'm from EK and old enough to have had to travel by bus to Shawfield then onto Firhill and Douglas Park. Finally only getting in the car to for the half hour drive to Broadwood.

You've been lucky so far.

Haufdaft your just a tight arse and not a real fan.Come back to the games when it’s all sweetness and light.Your no where to be seen when we need you.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

They were struggling for numbers a while back some nights hardly anyone turned up so I'm guessing with spare cash being tighter for many people and the numbers being down maybe not worth the outlay booking parks etc.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Students with cars?

Btw, that's was in jest.

Not enough take up for a bus to home game but there is a train from Cumbernauld to Hamilton, practically outside NDP's door

3 hours ago, CM. said:

Not so sure you're right there CM. The foundation describes itself as the 'Official Charity of Clyde FC'. Their board includes a J Alexander and a G Nisbet: 1 was a recent director of Clyde and the other is a current director.  It is still based in Cumbernauld and WE promoted their recent October week soccer school.

We need to be really careful with that separate identity stuff. Without community we are guaranteed to fail wherever we end up playing home matches.