Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

To me it sounds as though the club have tried to punt DL and he has, as is his right to do so, rejected the club’s compensation package and we can’t afford to fully pay off his contract.

I’m not sure whether it’s the last we’ve seen of Danny but all the best to him either way.

Surely questions need to be asked about that new 2 year deal he was given in April this year.

What was that based on?
We were on a run of 2 wins in 14 games when DL signed his new deal. We had literally just been spanked 3-0 at home off Peterhead. We only managed 3 wins in the full league season that weren’t against Alloa or East Fife.

We are now left in a position where we are paying him for nothing for (potentially) the next 18 months.

The decision making at board level is consistently terrible at this club.

8 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Surely questions need to be asked about that new 2 year deal he was given in April this year.

What was that based on?
We were on a run of 2 wins in 14 games when DL signed his new deal. We had literally just been spanked 3-0 at home off Peterhead. We only managed 3 wins in the full league season that weren’t against Alloa or East Fife.

We are now left in a position where we are paying him for nothing for (potentially) the next 18 months.

The decision making at board level is consistently terrible at this club.

Surely to goodness after The Chapman shambles, we wrote in a performance condition to the contract?

If not we should ask the board to go.

9 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Who do we think we will appoint next then?

Peter Grant Sr. or Brian McLean are my predictions.

Would absolutely not accept Peter grant. Awful manager. We can’t afford to gamble right now so why put your dinasaur cb in charge for his first sting in management?

3 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:
5 minutes ago, TamClyde said:
Would absolutely not accept Peter grant. Awful manager. We can’t afford to gamble right now so why put your dinasaur cb in charge for his first sting in management?

Think he means their Dad but the same point apply

Think he meant McLean as has been mentioned as an option 

10 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Neither of those two would be my picks, I’m thinking of who we may be more likely to bring in. The thinking behind McLean is we may not have to pay him as much as an external applicant, which could be pretty important if we’re continuing to pay up Danny Lennon’s contract.

Edited by Scott-Replay