Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

22 hours ago, haufdaft said:

That would be the John Rankin sitting bottom of the league with Hamilton Accies?

Yes, the self same. Not many sides have gone to Inverness and come away with 3 points. He’s an exceptionally good coach, a great role model for players, widely experienced at many levels and with great connections. 
Any questions?

Edited by Malcontent
Typo

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

So you think the board will sack a premier league manager with a 2 year contract and appoint john Rankin 

A premier league manager?  You referring to Danny? If so, do you think he is still a premier league standard manager?
If the contract allows a  3 month release as being suggested and Rankin would come….. they won’t, but they should.

1 hour ago, The 55 said:

HAVE NOT GOT THE MONEY TO MAKE ANYONE REDUNDANT. SIMPLE REALLY.

He needs to leave. Pay him off if possible, or continue his salary if legally and contractually obliged to. Put him in his garden and let him concentrate on his other income stream with planet soccer.  We need someone wealthy who may do it pro bona, someone with links to the Club and someone whose managerial career needs revitalised. An opportunity to rebuild a recently tarnished reputation.

if we had a good negotiator on the Board they should be making contact with said person right now to sound him out.

Anyone got Jack Ross’s number?

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

This is always total nonsense when a club uses it as an excuse for not getting rid of a failing manager.

Either it's a lie or your club is run terribly. Neither is a good look.

Probably the latter for us unfortunately.

4 games into this season I was full of optimism and was enjoying going to games again as well as making more of an effort to go. I’ve not been since the Caernarfon game now and even though we won that it was a shit show of a performance against a far poorer opposition than what we face in league one.

a few weeks on and any positivity we all had around the season is dead and buried and we are on a horrendous run of form diving head first into the relegation places in the league. 

I like Danny and he did well to get us where we are considering where we were and where we had been when he took over but it’s gone to shit now. It’s time to part ways and move on for the better, for both sides.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

This is always total nonsense when a club uses it as an excuse for not getting rid of a failing manager.

Either it's a lie or your club is run terribly. Neither is a good look.

I will bow to your in depth knowledge on the history of management contracts and Clyde’s finances in particular.

10 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

You think Danny Lennon is a premier league manager? 

He did win the league cup with st mirren in the premier league and managed them for 4 years.He’s never relegated a team in his career and gave us 4 plus years of loyal commitment and you want john Rankin who in his first job has Hamilton accies at the bottom of the championship.I think you need a sanity check.

He did win the league cup with st mirren in the premier league and managed them for 4 years.He’s never relegated a team in his career and gave us 4 plus years of loyal commitment and you want john Rankin who in his first job has Hamilton accies at the bottom of the championship.I think you need a sanity check.
If you want to keep a manager who has just lost 8 games in a row because he won the league Cup 9 years ago with another club then you my friend need the sanity check