Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

47 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

We will lose Tuesday and we will lose Saturday, Lennon will still be in the job as saying we were unlucky and competed well. We will be relegated by Xmas, but it won't matter because we have been competing well. Has he lost the plot. 

Absolutely agree that we will be bottom by Christmas, in fact before that.

We have all seen obvious relegated sides recently; East Fife last year and Forfar the year before, it’s clear to everyone but the current Clyde board and management that we are just like those sides. 

All of us have also unfortunately, been witness to Clyde sides going down and I’m afraid this current squad shows all the shortcomings of the previous ones I for one have seen all to often in my decades of support.
This time however, it’s been so frustrating as it’s completely avoidable if the lessons that should have been headed regarding the obvious recruitment issues over last 3 years had been learned and not repeated year on year.

Shame on all of them involved from top to bottom!

On 15/10/2022 at 19:25, Kelheart said:

Result aside hope you guys enjoyed your day out in the Fife Riviera , wasn’t that much in it but felt we deserved the win 

Despite the result, I did! I've never been to a game at Kelty before so getting to these grounds is one of the bonuses of 'opening up the pyramid'.

Unfortunately one of the downsides of the pyramid being open is that at some point in the near future, if things don't change drastically, we'll be away.

Short term, Lennon has to go. Since we've come up, he's never been able to assemble a coherent squad and the lineups that he sends out from what he has assembled have just become increasingly bizarre. We've always been lucky in the past that there happened to have been a couple of dross teams in the league to save our skins and give the situation an air of 'he's done well with the budget' but that runs dry. It's unfortunate because I think Lennon and Moore are a pair of really nice guys but things are so stale at this point, it's unreal.

24 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Despite the result, I did! I've never been to a game at Kelty before so getting to these grounds is one of the bonuses of 'opening up the pyramid'.

Unfortunately one of the downsides of the pyramid being open is that at some point in the near future, if things don't change drastically, we'll be away.

Short term, Lennon has to go. Since we've come up, he's never been able to assemble a coherent squad and the lineups that he sends out from what he has assembled have just become increasingly bizarre. We've always been lucky in the past that there happened to have been a couple of dross teams in the league to save our skins and give the situation an air of 'he's done well with the budget' but that runs dry. It's unfortunate because I think Lennon and Moore are a pair of really nice guys but things are so stale at this point, it's unreal.

Yes couple dross teams but mainly he had David Goodwillie which was the difference between the dross teams and us!

32 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Appreciate recently thread has focussed on league form, but are you guys any closer to getting a new stadium sorted out?

Crownpoint it will be. Board fannying about penny pinching as usual. I just hope it won't turn out to be an Edinburgh city setup where the running track is the main event.

Hamiltons ground is an awful place to watch football. You feel like you're in another country watching the game. I get the issues with NL re Broadwood etc etc but Im a Cumbernauld Clyde fan. Driving 25 mins to watch this dross isn't happening until Lennon is gone. 

After a positive start to the season we find ourselves on very familiar territory. Danny has tried to set us up one way over the summer and it’s not worked out, so now we try to fix it with square pegs in round holes. 

It’s at this stage absolutely bizzare that Danny can’t find not even a good, but a competent natural full back. It is absolutely baffling and completely unforgivable in my book. 

The recruitment on paper over the summer looked to be really good and for the first couple of games seemed to be positive, but the recruitment in that sense was only on paper names that we all knew. In particular with the CB positions, if Danny had a look at the 4 options in Sula, Grant, McLean and Thicot he should have been able to see that signing 2 of those would be fine but all 4 isn’t good enough. No pace at that position and being consistently caught out with chipped balls over the top, it’s been plain to see since the Kelly game at home. 

The issue that we now face is clear. Danny has had multiple chances at league 1 and with the current set up in place off and on the park the best that he can deliver is scrapping for survival in league 1. This brings up 3 big questions for the board, Danny and the fans

1) The question is realistically can Clyde in its current state succeed at a better level than that being delivered? If the answer is yes then he ha to go and if the answer is no then he stays as he is delivering all that we expect to achieve. 

2) If we bring someone else in can they improve on what Danny has given us and long term if we get relegated can they be trusted to push for promotion again or do we see ourselves in trouble at the wrong end of L2 in 3-4 years time. 

3)Who could we bring in that we feel can work with these players and deliver something better?

Ultimately I believe the only way he leaves is if he walks. The new deal in April was a big mistake

Edited by Ocelot1877

Crownpoint it will be. Board fannying about penny pinching as usual. I just hope it won't turn out to be an Edinburgh city setup where the running track is the main event.

Will feel good having you back in Glasgow (albeit you’ve been away for most of my life…) and potential to get the setup right for the typical crowd size. Hope it works out. Any idea when you’re planning to be in, and how much work would be required for day one?

17 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Will feel good having you back in Glasgow (albeit you’ve been away for most of my life…) and potential to get the setup right for the typical crowd size. Hope it works out. Any idea when you’re planning to be in, and how much work would be required for day one?

Not sure.. we have agreement at hamiltons place for 4 years so I imagine (and hope) it is before then. My understanding is that it will be a new pitch with purpose built stand etc in conjunction with a community grant of some sort

24 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Not sure.. we have agreement at hamiltons place for 4 years so I imagine (and hope) it is before then. My understanding is that it will be a new pitch with purpose built stand etc in conjunction with a community grant of some sort

24 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Seen all these broken promises before - I can even remember round about 1989 we were meant to be going back to Shawfield! - let’s see we’ve had EK (80s version), Lesser Hampden, (imagine that had come off 😂), site at Dalmarnock (part of a Clyde Gateway effort ) Shettleston, EK again, Cuningar Loop - any I’ve missed?

1 hour ago, TamClyde said:

We have a 3 year deal with Hamilton with the option for another 2.

Will be surprised if we arent still at Hamilton at the end of the 5 years looking to either extend or find another landlord.

3 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

The issue that we now face is clear. Danny has had multiple chances at league 1 and with the current set up in place off and on the park the best that he can deliver is scrapping for survival in league 1. This brings up 3 big questions for the board, Danny and the fans

1) The question is realistically can Clyde in its current state succeed at a better level than that being delivered? If the answer is yes then he ha to go and if the answer is no then he stays as he is delivering all that we expect to achieve. 

2) If we bring someone else in can they improve on what Danny has given us and long term if we get relegated can they be trusted to push for promotion again or do we see ourselves in trouble at the wrong end of L2 in 3-4 years time. 

3)Who could we bring in that we feel can work with these players and deliver something better?

Ultimately I believe the only way he leaves is if he walks. The new deal in April was a big mistake

Re points

1. Based on current state I think we are were I would expect - we are never going to be better than bottom half of L1 IMO.  We have just escaped relegation in the last 3 year but without DGW would have definitely finished 9th each year, possibly 10th.

2. Cant get any worse.  Been hopeless the last 3 years and no wins in 7 someone else couldnt do any worse.  The football has also been painful to watch over most of the last 3 years (DGW aside).  When we inevitably get relegated I can see us going down to Lowland league within 5 -10 years unless someone comes along willing to put money into the club or we somehow move to our own stadium and start to generate income.

3. Havent a clue, but as said couldnt do any worse based on last 7 games.  The thing is I dont feel DL is getting the best out of the squad he has assembled and some of his selections and formations are frankly bizarre as I would think most fans would agree.

4 hours ago, TamClyde said:

"For our own supporters, the focus will be on the southern section of the site which currently houses a 4G pitch and a range of smaller all-weather facilities. Recently commissioned architect’s drawings have confirmed there are a range of options to accommodate a stadium sufficient for our current needs and flexible enough to grow with our aspirations in the future without impacting on the facilities throughout the rest of the site, or indeed on the surrounding area."

I assume based on that it will be a redevelopment of the 4G pitch area to the south of the running track?

1419954265_Screenshot2022-10-17at15_21_37.thumb.png.8fab91e17559b4ffbd6ee7797dadfdb4.png

1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

What about Stuart Kettlewell as a shout for manager. A former player and did reasonably well in his stint as gaffer at Ross County.

To be honest it needs a fresh pair of eyes and at this point I’m not sure it could get much worse.

Joined Motherwell recently as 20s manager after Hammell getting promoted to first team manager