Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Danny is going nowhere.

He only signed a two year extension recently. We can't afford to sack him and he's not walking without a payoff.

We better hope he turns around as we're joined at the hip.

Maybe the fans that have continuously chanted his name even after multiple poor results have lulled the board into thinking the majority of fans were happy with Danny Lennon's mediocrity.

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

Danny is going nowhere.

He only signed a two year extension recently. We can't afford to sack him and he's not walking without a payoff.

We better hope he turns around as we're joined at the hip.

Maybe the fans that have continuously chanted his name even after multiple poor results have lulled the board into thinking the majority of fans were happy with Danny Lennon's mediocrity.

You only have to pay three months

Only way Danny goes is the board sack him....that would require the board to have a spine and leadership.

Club is rotten to the core and this board is taking the club one way. Oblivion.
Look where the other nomads of Scottish football ended up. A complete non entity in the Lowland league

I'll be honest, with a lot of what has gone on recently, it's become difficult to defend the leadership at the club, but I will still have a degree of sympathy for what Danny Lennon has to work with.  I keep hearing about the fact we have a - relatively - reasonable budget.  I doubt that to be brutally honest.  Given a number of factors and given a lot of the clubs have people willing to put money into them.  Given we will require a degree of funding to move to a new stadium, no-one is going to tell me we have huge pots of money to go towards buying players.

The results, and to a certain degree the performances, have dipped dramatically clearly, but to an extent hopes were maybe raised too much by the start we had.  We're not a physical side this year, particularly in midfield and up top, and in this league that's always going to hurt you.  I certainly don't mean we need someone like Kevin Nicoll back obviously, but someone with that sort of grit and physicality is missing a bit.  Too often games have bypassed the midfield and that offers very little protection to the defence.

It's going to get increasingly difficult from here on in, and no I don't have the answers to how we get round that.  What I would say is changing the manager won't change the personnel we have, nor the ability to bring in players who can make a difference, so that has to be taken into account.

7 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I'll be honest, with a lot of what has gone on recently, it's become difficult to defend the leadership at the club, but I will still have a degree of sympathy for what Danny Lennon has to work with.  I keep hearing about the fact we have a - relatively - reasonable budget.  I doubt that to be brutally honest.  Given a number of factors and given a lot of the clubs have people willing to put money into them.  Given we will require a degree of funding to move to a new stadium, no-one is going to tell me we have huge pots of money to go towards buying players.

The results, and to a certain degree the performances, have dipped dramatically clearly, but to an extent hopes were maybe raised too much by the start we had.  We're not a physical side this year, particularly in midfield and up top, and in this league that's always going to hurt you.  I certainly don't mean we need someone like Kevin Nicoll back obviously, but someone with that sort of grit and physicality is missing a bit.  Too often games have bypassed the midfield and that offers very little protection to the defence.

It's going to get increasingly difficult from here on in, and no I don't have the answers to how we get round that.  What I would say is changing the manager won't change the personnel we have, nor the ability to bring in players who can make a difference, so that has to be taken into account.

The point is no longer whether Lennon has used his budget well enough, that will always split opinions. The issue now is that Lennon isn't getting the best out of the players he has. 

I don't think anyone is going to claim this squad is brilliant but we should be capable of scrapping for some points here and there but we're not. We're now in a position where even if we take the lead in a game, our own fans still expect us to lose. 

If that isn't the time to change a manager, I don't know what is.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Wasn't there today but it's getting harder and harder to defend Lennon. Even if Allan was knackered surely he can get through another 7 mins instead of bringing him off for a midfielder to stick a defender up front? He's completely losing the plot.

Natural full backs are poor but they're hardly going to improve watching midfielders play there from the sidelines. Maybe (although probably not) the likes of Rodden would've started getting better with a run of games in a settled line up.

45 minutes ago, CM. said:

Wasn't there today but it's getting harder and harder to defend Lennon. Even if Allan was knackered surely he can get through another 7 mins instead of bringing him off for a midfielder to stick a defender up front? He's completely losing the plot.

Natural full backs are poor but they're hardly going to improve watching midfielders play there from the sidelines. Maybe (although probably not) the likes of Rodden would've started getting better with a run of games in a settled line up.

Imagine us letting Docherty go as well to replace him with three midfielders. Baffling. 

Letting go Docherty was the right thing to do, he’s totally done at league 1 level. So much so Edinburgh have already put him out on loan to Forfar. 

The problem there is we didn’t sign a competent enough left back. 

Taking Allan off for Kurtis roberts is so baffling it’s not true, roberts hasn’t done a single thing since joining. 

Letting go Docherty was the right thing to do, he’s totally done at league 1 level. So much so Edinburgh have already put him out on loan to Forfar. 

The problem there is we didn’t sign a competent enough left back. 

Taking Allan off for Kurtis roberts is so baffling it’s not true, roberts hasn’t done a single thing since joining. 

He did more in 7 mins than euan Cameron managed in 75.