Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I can’t believe anyone is of the opinion they’re a similar team to us ability wise. Bar their captain and their two wingers they were dreadful.

A thoroughly pish game to watch but most of that is down to Lennons tactics and starting XI. Cunningham was so isolated up top it was clear for everyone to see. I don’t know why it took him so long to bring on another striker.

After about 10 minutes it was clear they were there for the taking but we didn’t go out and kill them off. We should’ve had two strikers up top by half time at the latest.

Ross Lyon’s was brutal again today. His crossing is woeful, he takes too many touches and kills the momentum of all attacks he’s involved in, if he’s not passing back the way he’s running into an opposition, he had opportunities to break wide when we won the ball (one in particular in the first half Where Cuddihy won it) but rather than bust a gut he hangs back and the chance to counter was gone.

Danny needs to get his tactics and line ups sorted soon or his time will run out. That game Was screaming for us to play two strikers but when he brought MacDonald on he pulled Cunningham deeper?!?!

At least we won but ffs.

Linfield or Cliftonville away next please!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/national/scotland-today/22799975.women-footballers-forced-change-pitch-clyde-fc-signed-named-rapist-david-goodwillie/ 

Don’t know if this has been mentioned on the thread already but it was not particularly well-kept secret that this case was related to Clyde and now the details are coming out. Another pretty unedifying set of stories on the way it looks like.

Not impressed with that statement on the club website. Why have they spent a five figure sum defending a case with no merit? Maybe the last sentence provides the answer to that question. Referring to ‘clickbait’ suggests it was written by a twelve year old. Doesn’t bode well for the future…

Not sure what else the club could say?

the charge seems to effect the Charity part of the club which is unfortunate. It does seem that there are individuals and part of the media have a real negative agenda against the club which is a concern.

Further worry for me is the lack of any loan deal as it’s obvious we are going to struggle badly if we don’t address the obvious problems within the side. I really hope the issue around the accusation has not affected our ability to pay for any potential loan. 

Is the money not coming from the charity side of things rather than the club itself for the legal fees? 

If the person involved had an issue with not being paid for her volunteer position at the start, why rack up 600 hours then? 

26 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Still no fullback loanees.

Was the loan of a goalkeeper really a priority?

Mullen's a permanant signing. Got released by Celtic in the summer. Although that makes your question a stronger case if anything since he'll be getting paid a wage. 

Had a couple of whispers about a left back. Just need to wait and see I suppose. 

Pen is out for you lads I see.

I wonder if Morgyn Neill could be joining you?  I have no inside info other than he's wanting out on loan and we just brought in Jack Sanders from Killie in his position and Kyle McClelland a week or so back.

He stays in Motherwell so geographically it fits.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I wonder if Morgyn Neill could be joining you?  I have no inside info other than he's wanting out on loan and we just brought in Jack Sanders from Killie in his position and Kyle McClelland a week or so back.

Probably David Goodwillie 

37 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I wouldn’t have minded Morgyn Neill in the summer but we have immobile centre halves coming out our arse. Saying that, he’d likely be an improvement, I’d still take him.

Good to get a left back on board, right back and a striker next please Danny. 

5 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Had no idea that Goodwillie had been released by Raith and was very confused why everyone felt we’d be signing him.

Hello, Jon Craig.

You can't sign him, he wasn't a free agent at midnight on 1st September and he no longer has a club in Scotland to loan him out. He can't play at SPFL level again before January (though in reality he's never going to play SPFL level again). He can't go to any country without a currently open transfer window either. He could go to Lowland League or lower though. They don't operate windows.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You can't sign him, he wasn't a free agent at midnight on 1st September and he no longer has a club in Scotland to loan him out. He can't play at SPFL level again before January (though in reality he's never going to play SPFL level again). He can't go to any country without a currently open transfer window either. He could go to Lowland League or lower though. They don't operate windows.

Darvel bound perhaps?

Just now, Scott-Replay said:

Darvel bound perhaps?

Certainly unless he has something else lined up then getting released from Raith now seems odd. Unless he wanted a lump sum to start a business or something then he'd have been as well remaining employed until January I'd have thought.