Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

9 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

He created and scored that beautiful goal v Montrose with speed and poise

I'm certain that 'creator' in this case refers to assisting goals directly - he had zero assists across 21 appearances in the Championship/League 1 last season. 

Between the posts he looks switched on and sharp, out wide or deeper he looked ineffective and moany.

25 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'm certain that 'creator' in this case refers to assisting goals directly - he had zero assists across 21 appearances in the Championship/League 1 last season. 

Between the posts he looks switched on and sharp, out wide or deeper he looked ineffective and moany.

Agreed, he does love a good moan, even when he is at fault used to do my head in at times. Spent time greetin when the game was going on round about him. 

Decent player and will do a good job in L1.. that’s his level top end L1

7 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Agreed, he does love a good moan, even when he is at fault used to do my head in at times. Spent time greetin when the game was going on round about him. 

Decent player and will do a good job in L1.. that’s his level top end L1

Ian Harty was famous for moaning the face off everyone but it didn’t stop him scoring just about every week!

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Ian Harty was famous for moaning the face off everyone but it didn’t stop him scoring just about every week!

My point wasn’t about moaning players being ineffective, Goodie and as you say Harty had a right moan at times. The issue with LJ was that he moaned at others even when he messed up and kept it going… but more to the point he’d continue to moan when the game was going on around him. Inexperience and lack of maturity possibly; but also to be fair to him he will become a decent upper end lower league player. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Worm said:

There’s a stadium lying rotting and unused and a team without a stadium - should be an easy solution, eh?

Aye, but unfortunately you're applying common sense there. Sadly in the real world these things need a viable financial plan and probably also a well meaning and genuine benefactor a la Queens Park. You never know, eh?

9 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, but unfortunately you're applying common sense there. Sadly in the real world these things need a viable financial plan and probably also a well meaning and genuine benefactor a la Queens Park. You never know, eh?

No chance of this happening.

The relocation team have already explored this avenue and apparently Stefan King will be able to sell the area due to the location being commercially viable for a business park or similar.

So the profit from that would far outweigh demolition costs.

A pipe dream, unless of course there's a benevolent multi millionaire Bully Wee fan out there....

The relocation team have already explored this avenue and apparently Stefan King will be able to sell the area due to the location being commercially viable for a business park or similar.
A pipe dream, unless of course there's a benevolent multi millionaire Bully Wee fan out there....
Even if a Clyde fan was able to buy it let's take off the rose tinted glasses. It's a fucking shitehole now and would be terrible to watch football. Would need knocked down and rebuilt from scratch

5 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:
6 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Even if a Clyde fan was able to buy it let's take off the rose tinted glasses. It's a fucking shitehole now and would be terrible to watch football. Would need knocked down and rebuilt from scratch

Fair point. 

Does anyone actually believe we could generate the millions to build a new stadium or even  repurpose a dilapidated site? 

35 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Does anyone actually believe we could generate the millions to build a new stadium or even  repurpose a dilapidated site? 

No you couldn't, but for that matter neither could most of the clubs in the bottom three tiers.

QOS have been dreaming of upgrading Palmerston to something more akin to a recognisable 21st century sports stadium for years now and various plans have briefly met the light of day... but without the benevolent benefactor it just ain't happening as clubs at our level need all their income merely to balance the books season to season.

Of course I tell the wife that when we win Euromillions I'll gift Queens a new stadium - it's a shame, poor lass gets apoplectic when I tell her this cos she knows I'm dippy enough to do it. Only fly in this ointment is that I don't do Euromillions ... 🫤

9 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Stefan King will be able to sell the area due to the location being commercially viable for a business park or similar.

Not quite sure how he's going to manage that.  He'd need to gain legal ownership first to sell anything.  He's the de-facto owner's nephew & not even named as an officer at Company's House.  The site is greenfield which would more or less rule out a business park, though could be used for leisure related construction.   They could apply for the site to be converted to brownfield, but the place is surrounded by brownfield sites currently sitting undeveloped which lessens the odds.

The dogs are finished there.  Their bricks & mortar is condemned by H&S & the property will also be rife with vermin.  They're not in as strong a position as they presumably think they are.