Jump to content

Clyde FC; Season 2022-23


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CM. said:

2 in

Are we expecting news today then or maybe tomorrow? We’re at Easter Road this time next Sat and we don’t really have a squad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not reading anything into friendlies - last year we looked good on way to winning Broadwood Cup but ended up being hopeless for most of season

9 games into season when we have played everyone once will be the right time to predict how the season is likely to go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Identified the targets in January? Interesting that we were only targeting players released from levels below us. 

Unsure if this is delusion, denial or self-preservation.

Hopefully the patience he talks about pays off and we secure some signatures over the next few days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Identified the targets in January? Interesting that we were only targeting players released from levels below us. 

Unsure if this is delusion, denial or self-preservation.

Hopefully the patience he talks about pays off and we secure some signatures over the next few days. 

Or maybe he has indeed signed his targets to fit into the system he wants to adopt, perhaps for once ( I know this sounds a bit wacky and out there) but you could possibly take him at his word for once.

I have yet to see you make a positive post about the team you knock at every turn, sorry I mean the team you claim to support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think everyone was "released" from lower clubs, pretty sure Duthie and Roberts were offered deals at their respective clubs but chose to come to us. Recruitment also seems to be with a certain way of playing in mind rather than just the scattergun approach from the last few summers. Under no illusions there's still a good bit of work to be done, especially defensively, but middle to front I'm quietly encouraged with the business so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Or maybe he has indeed signed his targets to fit into the system he wants to adopt, perhaps for once ( I know this sounds a bit wacky and out there) but you could possibly take him at his word for once.

I have yet to see you make a positive post about the team you knock at every turn, sorry I mean the team you claim to support.

When something positive happens, I’ll make a positive comment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, CM. said:

I don't think everyone was "released" from lower clubs, pretty sure Duthie and Roberts were offered deals at their respective clubs but chose to come to us. Recruitment also seems to be with a certain way of playing in mind rather than just the scattergun approach from the last few summers. Under no illusions there's still a good bit of work to be done, especially defensively, but middle to front I'm quietly encouraged with the business so far.

Very fair points - perhaps I should have worded my comment differently, but we’ll have to agree to disagree about being encouraged by the business so far. A bit of stats mining tells you that Connor Duthie and Jordan Allan had similar-to-worse numbers on the board than Rob Jones last season. I know stats don’t paint the whole picture but we also seen them play a few times. Duthie looked great in one of the games against us but from what we’ve heard he’s an incredibly frustrating player. There’s just nothing happening yet to encourage me.

HOPEFULLY the boys come good though. Maybe Jordan Allan just needs to be a starting number 9. As a fan of the juniors/LL Andy Rodden is an interesting signing. At this point I’d love to feel some optimism but I just don’t know where I’d get that from.

Edited by Brian Carrigan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Very fair points - perhaps I should have worded my comment differently, but we’ll have to agree to disagree about being encouraged by the business so far. A bit of stats mining tells you that Connor Duthie and Jordan Allan had similar-to-worse numbers on the board than Rob Jones last season. I know stats don’t paint the whole picture but we also seen them play a few times. Duthie looked great in one of the games against us but from what we’ve heard he’s an incredibly frustrating player. There’s just nothing happening yet to encourage me.

HOPEFULLY the boys come good though. Maybe Jordan Allan just needs to be a starting number 9. As a fan of the juniors/LL Andy Rodden is an interesting signing. At this point I’d love to feel some optimism but I just don’t know where I’d get that from.

I think we might need to double up on Aiden mcgeady next Saturday.

hes a tricky character even at 36 he will cause us problems.

does anyone hold any hope for us against hibs and also can we get out the group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I think we might need to double up on Aiden mcgeady next Saturday.

hes a tricky character even at 36 he will cause us problems.

does anyone hold any hope for us against hibs and also can we get out the group.

They are glorified friendlies so progression from the group isn’t a priority for me. 
 

Treat the games as extra preparation time for league business and any cash we make a small bonus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We might not have the best squad but we are at least a long way off this. 

EE8FD132-B803-4C2A-B23D-C12FF6FBD759.png

Yeah that’s wild. An Airdrie fan was on here the other day making me feel really bad about how good our squad was looking compared to theirs 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...