Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Both sides we've came up against pretty useless by all accounts, Thistle on Tuesday will provide a far sterner test. But aye still encouraging that we're knocking plenty of goals in. 

Edited by CM.

No problem with players trying to secure a move to full time football, part of the game.

As mentioned though we can’t afford to sit and wait so should be continuing our business as usual.

If these players don’t manage to get a deal elsewhere then I have no problem with us taking them back, assuming Danny still wants them and hasn’t already signed a replacement.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t know what Rumsby’s reasons were for leaving but he’s just signed for Pollok, that’s a fair drop to them. 

More money? 😂

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t know what Rumsby’s reasons were for leaving but he’s just signed for Pollok, that’s a fair drop to them. 

If you are a player thinking that part time is best you can hope for, and you have a decent job full time, then why slog your guts out in a relegation battle every week, when you might be able to enjoy it a bit more…whether you get more money or not. Good luck to him if that’s the case.

13 hours ago, shawfielder said:

Good to see the forwards scoring, Allan, Duthie  and a Cunningham double.

Does anyone know how the team is shaping up and if our new signings are bedding in.does any the trialists look good enough and do we have any fresh signing targets.

I couldn't give a shit about friendlies tbh but have to say I find Clyde's ones particularly bizarre. In a season where you're expecting to be a side with their backs against the wall you'd think Lennon would arrange fixtures against sides that would test your defence, not sides you're rolling over with ease.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I couldn't give a shit about friendlies tbh but have to say I find Clyde's ones particularly bizarre. In a season where you're expecting to be a side with their backs against the wall you'd think Lennon would arrange fixtures against sides that would test your defence, not sides you're rolling over with ease.

Tuesday will be a test against Partick thistle. The defence will get tested and let’s see if we can score goals against a team above us. I think decisions will be made on the trialists  after that game. We are not getting information and progress reports from the club and this is poor.

3 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Tuesday will be a test against Partick thistle. The defence will get tested and let’s see if we can score goals against a team above us. I think decisions will be made on the trialists  after that game. We are not getting information and progress reports from the club and this is poor.

We’re likely to start with a reasonably strong team, but we’ve been bringing on loads of youth players in our friendlies so far - think we ended up with 7 on the pitch against Kelty.

So it might not be exactly what you’re expecting from it, and, like all friendlies, certainly won’t be worth reading into. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

As Jimmy said Thistle on Tuesday a bigger test (even if they field weans) plus we're never ever getting out a League Cup group stage in its current format so they're basically glorified friendlies against opposition that will test us before the league kicks off

Edited by CM.

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

The information will come if any of the trialists sign for us, you’re hardly going to put out progress reports for closed door friendlies and let other clubs see if someone is playing well. I don’t think any club would put a progress report out at this point. 

35 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The information will come if any of the trialists sign for us, you’re hardly going to put out progress reports for closed door friendlies and let other clubs see if someone is playing well. I don’t think any club would put a progress report out at this point. 

Good point makes sense👍

2 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

Has Livingstone signed for another Club yet?

Sneaking feeling he and Cuddihy will be with us for the start of th4 season.

He’s just signed with ignite soccer agency if that helps 😂

14 hours ago, Clyde85 said:

He’s just signed with ignite soccer agency if that helps 😂

I think if Danny wanted Livingstone he would be back by now. I think there maybe others players as good as if not better at the club now without the drama Livingstone brings to the party. He can only blame himself for this as another season at Clyde would have given him a better platform to get to full time football and it was clear to see he wasn’t ready to impress another club. Football can be cruel at times but I’m sure he has now been given a reality check and realises DL was good to him and he has shat in the nest Best of luck where he goes from here as we have all made mistakes and I hope he can learns from this one.