Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Darvel have some once average League Two players in their ranks, players like Darren Miller and Scott Ferguson who were released by Clyde once upon a time, they guys can’t be on big bucks surely 

Both players have been fantastic for Darvel. It’s definitely their level, but that doesn’t mean they’re not getting weighed in. There are a few clubs at that level that can outcompete teams far higher up the pyramid and the vale won’t want them sniffing around either. 

8 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Darvel have some once average League Two players in their ranks, players like Darren Miller and Scott Ferguson who were released by Clyde once upon a time, they guys can’t be on big bucks surely 

They also signed Ian mcshane from Falkirk, Jordan Kirkpatrick, Craig Moore from Ayr, Jordan Allan that used to be at Stirling, Lyle avci from Stranraer, and now Ross Meechan. You’re not dropping to that level for your love of a diddy east Ayrshire town. 

They also signed Ian mcshane from Falkirk, Jordan Kirkpatrick, Craig Moore from Ayr, Jordan Allan that used to be at Stirling, Lyle avci from Stranraer, and now Ross Meechan. You’re not dropping to that level for your love of a diddy east Ayrshire town. 
This. And Andy Stirling as well. These guys could all do a job in League 1 and probably Championship as well. They'll be on more money than most players in this division.

26 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
This. And Andy Stirling as well. These guys could all do a job in League 1 and probably Championship as well. They'll be on more money than most players in this division.

Yet they lost to Tranent in the playoff.

Pleasing. Very pleasing. Get it round them all.

17 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Bob McHugh to EK, thought that might have been a calibre of player we would be in for 

Yeah, should have been someone we were looking at but perhaps the promise of a bit of cash from the arse cheeks and the JT's has meant that EK can offer more money.

He did however score 8 league goals last season, which is far too many for our recruitment team. We look more in the region of strikers that score 3 or 4 goals.

58 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Is it just me that finds the OS opening page with us re-signing Scott Lyon for  days now a bit dispiriting?

Totally agree, been on every day since (sometimes more than once a day) hoping for a new post.

The silence is deafening.

It’s still early obvs and I’m sure things will fill out but having one CB currently signed - and that player being a 35 year old with a nomadic recent career to say the least - is a trifle concerning 

It’s a major concern that  training is starting and no doubt with guys asked to come along and join in, which means they are not currently with a club and not snapped up by others in our League, probably because they are not good enough. 

Indicates to me at least, that we are once again fishing in the same pond as last year. Very, very concerning.
As I’ve said before, absolutely no chance we will get away with this again this season. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

18 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

It’s a major concern that  training is starting and no doubt with guys asked to come along and join in, which means they are not currently with a club and not snapped up by others in our League, probably because they are not good enough. 

Indicates to me at least, that we are once again fishing in the same pond as last year. Very, very conserving.
As I’ve said before, absolutely no chance we will get away with this again this season. 

Its all a bit amateurish and no David Goodwillie to bail us out this season

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Indicates to me at least, that we are once again fishing in the same pond as last year. Very, very conserving.

I don't disagree that we might end up in trouble (it's hard to have faith when there has been two good transfer windows out of 9 under DL) but I'm not seeing many teams who have packed out their squads yet.

There are a lot of players still available.

3 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

We need someone down at Hamilton Palace with the long lens like in the old days on the outside pitches at Broadwood, we can all have a guessing game on the faces of Scottish lower league footballers 

If you do get some feedback on new faces from your spy at Hamilton Palace do let us know, eh - think that's where QOS train.