Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 02/06/2022 at 14:14, the_bully_wee said:

It'd be a stretch to suggest he'll be prolific, but that's a decent enough signing. Good physical attributes and a hard worker, with plenty of improvement still in him at that age.

On 02/06/2022 at 15:02, cb_diamond said:

Wrote the following on the Airdrie thread in response to a Clyde poster asking about JA:

He has never really had a run of games ever in his three spells, which I suspect tells a tale in its own right. For me he was best as an impact sub to come on and harry, run at and annoy tired defenders. I just don't know what to say about Jordan, he's not awful, he's not great. Will be interesting to see how he gets on with a consistent run of games. He may do well.

On a side note, if Clyde could get Josh Kerr that would be a superb signing for them. Has his injury issues but when fit he's a classy defender.

In January I think most Airdrie fans would have been happy to release Allan. Had only made fleeting substitute appearances and contributed little in them. But he got a short run of games at the start of 2022 and did us a turn, getting some goals and assists and generally being a bit of a nuisance. From that point on he did play his part in the run-in, albeit as a squad player once again. He did struggle against the likes of Cove, Thistle in the cup and Queen's Park so I think the lower-end of League 1 is very much his ceiling. But I think he'll do a reasonable job for you. He's not a striker I would build a team around but he works hard, harries defenders, can run-in behind and is a decent finisher when he gets the chance. Made a fool out of Gregor Buchanan several times. Think and hope he'll do a decent job for you. 

3 hours ago, David W said:

I can only imagine what Clyde fans would be like if we were having a summer like Peterhead. Ferry, Savoury, Long and Brown away, McLean transfer listed and Ritchie linked with a move away. No fear from Edinburgh either, they are a poorer side than the one we cruised past in our promotion year.

You also have a much better manager than Peterhead and probably Edinburgh City. Even if he is a strange man who refuses to sign any good players. 

36 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

You also have a much better manager than Peterhead and probably Edinburgh City. Even if he is a strange man who refuses to sign any good players. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

We night well, but how come we never seem to beat Peterhead😡

Not sure if it was on here but did anyone see our community walking football has been prevented from using Broadwood (not even the main stadium) because NLC stated they run their own and ours clashes with it? Which they charge people to use whilst ours is free.

Didn’t really see the big deal about this, if NLC are running their own walking football scheme and are looking to make money off it then Clyde shouldn’t be allowed to run a competitor for free on their property. 

Nothing says social inclusion more than a council charging patrons for a service at the same time as preventing a charity from offering that same service for free.

It's not as if the poor and needy of North Lanarkshire deserve the health benefits of walking football. NLC have decided it should only be the preserve of those able to pay.

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Nothing says social inclusion more than a council charging patrons for a service at the same time as preventing a charity from offering that same service for free.

It's not as if the poor and needy of North Lanarkshire deserve the health benefits of walking football. NLC have decided it should only be the preserve of those able to pay.

Deleted my post as the tone was a bit lost online I felt. NLC have had a shocker here. My dad was looking forward to going to this. Now if he wants to give it a try he has to go through to Airdrie ( as they aren’t even offering a programme at Broadwood but no one else is allowed to) and pay 3 or 4 quid a pop. I don’t condone their actions. 

We were in for Meechan but Forfar wouldn't agree to a mutual termination and wanted a fee cause he's under contract. 

51 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Ross Meechan off to Darvel, another player that would have been a good addition off to better run and better funded lower league sides 😠

I doubt Darvel are better run than us. They have more money, though and money talks.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I doubt Darvel are better run than us. They have more money, though and money talks.

But can you charge your phone in the dressing room at Broadwood/New Douglas Park?