Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Splaine and Grant would be great pairing in midfield. If cuddihy signs on that trio would maybe work quite well. Ideally another 2 midfielders would be great with 1 of them being an attacking/ creative minded midfielder.

12 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Andrew and McGrath confirmed as away

I was hoping that this would happen. Pointless keeping them about. McGrath never got a sniff and Andrew done absolutely nothing when he played. 

16 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

I saw McGrath sitting with the rest of the team as a spectator at the final Peterhead game and he looked like he had put on weight. He’s still young and hopefully he can get back on track again. Hopefully Cunningham, Livingstone, Rumsby and Cuddihy confirm that they’re staying. Spillane would be the icing on the cake for this week but various rumours about him on here about him being away. 

What are the Splaine rumours?

Posted (edited)

Happy with Grant signing, though we'll need the right kind of players around him to make it work again.

Fair play to Andrew and McGrath for moving on. You can't fault guys who would rather try and find a suitable place somewhere else rather than hanging around the club, slightly unwanted, for another year.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I think grant is a good step, I think we should be looking to bring in someone like Carswell from Dumbarton instead of resigning Gomis. Also Buchannan for the back line I feel would be a good signing. Hope Splaine resigns too because we’re desperate for a creative midfielder 

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

What are the Splaine rumours?

Either on here or owner’s forum that he might be moving back abroad….I have no inside info personally. Lol 😂 

Posted (edited)

Glad to see McGrath and Andrew away. Didn’t contribute much at all in their time. Wish them all the best in the future. 

It’s a nice surprise having things done so early in pre-season, hopefully this continues!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Don't think McGeever is realistically attainable, as much as he'd be a decent addition. We should absolutely be asking Craig Howie what he's planning, though. As far as other Dumbarton players go, I'd hope we would be making serious enquiries about Joe McKee as soon as the final whistle blows tomorrow. I'd like to see Syvertsen back too, but it would really have to be a contract structured heavily towards appearances for that gamble to be worth taking. Duthie and Pignatiello are others who'd be good pick-ups IMO, both quite versatile and two of Dumbarton's better players. I don't have enough of a recollection of George Stanger to argue for or against a sniff around him.

I'm not getting all this 'we should sign him or that guy'.  Is it not like me saying I'd maybe go out with that Kardashian wifey or Michelle Moan (once she gets out the jail) rather than Agnes from the Co op? Surely these players need to want to join us despite our not particularly generous compensation package?

I think the Grant signing is a pretty good notice we're serving; nice and early too.  

5 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

I think grant is a good step, I think we should be looking to bring in someone like Carswell from Dumbarton instead of resigning Gomis. Also Buchannan for the back line I feel would be a good signing. Hope Splaine resigns too because we’re desperate for a creative midfielder 

image.png.cde4121881e49ecc77c2103c009129f3.png

22 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

I'm not getting all this 'we should sign him or that guy'.  Is it not like me saying I'd maybe go out with that Kardashian wifey or Michelle Moan (once she gets out the jail) rather than Agnes from the Co op? Surely these players need to want to join us despite our not particularly generous compensation package?

I think the Grant signing is a pretty good notice we're serving; nice and early too.  

Clyde signing guys from Dumbarton is hardly on a par with you going with a Kardashian. unless you’re Drake with a p&b account of course!

I watched Richard Foster playing last night for Thistle…I can’t see them keeping him on. A decent right back for League 1 though I think although gets caught out at times. 36yrs old but maybe for a season ? 

1 hour ago, Bob731 said:

I watched Richard Foster playing last night for Thistle…I can’t see them keeping him on. A decent right back for League 1 though I think although gets caught out at times. 36yrs old but maybe for a season ? 

Only if he brings Amy McDonald to the games.

15 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

McGeever been injured for a while with Dumbarton, one of their best players when fit.

Would be delighted to get him, not sure if he's still under contract though.

Under contract for the next two years. 

Agnes from the co-op is twice the striker that Robert Jones ever was.

I've no idea who we should sign and for what positions. Fortunately we pay people to do that for us

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23