Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Staying in L1 is essential, recruitment last couple of years has been so bad that I’m really worried to see what shite we will be bringing in next.. just hope if it’s true we are saving 40% by leaving Broadwood that more money can be spent on building a squad that can at least be a solid L1 team and not need to be thinking about relegation every year and from there look to find a new stadium we can all ours.

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Livingstone apparently off to FT fitba

Gomis been offered terms on reduced wages few weeks ago

Clear out was much needed sadly including a few fans favourites if we have any chance of fininshing outwith bottom 2

Where is Livingstone rumoured to be off to..

12 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Ross MacIver and Shea Gordon away from thistle maybe worth a look. MacIver seemed to do ok for Alloa. 

What was more interesting is that in the statement Ian McCall said that Mouhamed Sena Niang still has a year left but he wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to move to get the games he requires. Our recruitment team should be on him straight away.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What was more interesting is that in the statement Ian McCall said that Mouhamed Sena Niang still has a year left but he wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to move to get the games he requires. Our recruitment team should be on him straight away.

Is that the guy that went to Montrose on loan? 

Let’s hope he has Danny’s phone number…

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Is that the guy that went to Montrose on loan? 

Aye last season then Alloa this season. 

Shea Gordon would be an excellent signing but have a feeling he'll stay full time.

18 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Alan Troutens been released by Alloa maybe worth taking a gamble on?

I would take Trouten in a heartbeat. Knows Parry and still a shout for this level even at 36. He’s exactly the type of experience that we need.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I would take Trouten in a heartbeat. Knows Parry and still a shout for this level even at 36. He’s exactly the type of experience that we need.

I would disagree…..36 and an injury hit season. All signings are a gamble but that would be a step too far. We can’t afford these type of luxuries. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Trouten?

37 years old in November.

Injury blighted season.

Too risky.

I tend to agree actually, I never realised he was that age. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Posted (edited)

Out of all the players that have been released recently or could be available from teams around us the ones I’d be looking at are: 

Niang ( Provided he is allowed to leave for free)

Ross MacIver

Paul Dixon

Ray Grant

Kurtis Roberts

Alan Trouten if he can be convinced to sign  a pay as you play. 

Maybe a loan of Jaze Kabia 

Not all would necessarily be starters but all would add quality and depth and would be huge improvements on what we have had last couple of seasons. 

Receuitment has to be right this summer, another year like this and there won’t be two teams worse off than us. League 1 gets tougher every season. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

19 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Ally Roy and Roberto Nditi released from QOTS maybe worth a look

Would agree with that. Roy not prolific but anytime I saw queens he looked decent, had a bit of pace about him as well. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Phillips said:

Ally Roy and Roberto Nditi released from QOTS maybe worth a look

Nditi definitely, Ally Roy no. Less than 10 league goals in 3 seasons. Was rotten with Airdrie at this level a couple of seasons ago.

We need a goalscorer to replace the obvious. We've had far too many shot-shy forwards in recent years.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23