Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

10 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Well that’s a good start:

2 great years but passed his sell by now, still at least one of those who will be welcomed back unlike some of the other wasters who will also be going.

I wouldn’t be so harsh on the players leaving, everyone of them gave their all. L1 may have been a step to far for many but their efforts was never brought in to question.

Good luck to Ally. I think the time had come for a change but it’s always sad to see another one of the promotion team leave. Scored the most important goal of our recent history and certainly gave his all for the club.

Tbh with love gone I’d only be keeping Rumsby, Splaine, Page (maybe), Cuddihy, Cunningham, Livingston, Bradley-Hurst, Jamieson if possible as well and Mcallister I felt has been a good addition since hes arrived too with how flexible he is position wise. Everyone else can pack their bags, hopefully along with McGrath, Kennedy and Andrew who still have a year left on their contracts 

Have a lot of time for Ally, but ultimately hasn't been good enough this season. Absolute hero for the goals and contributions he has made in previous seasons - most memorable for me has to be the penalty in the playoff final. 

I presume this will be the start of a mass clearout orchestrated by Danny. 

Wish him all the best.

5 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Would have kept big Matty Eldson, been pretty solid bar a mistake here or there... 

Just hope we can bring in a massive increase in quality. 

Thought Elsdon was pish personally. Came in and done a job at the start when Balatoni and Rumsby were having shockers together but over time has been poor aswell IMO

Edited by CM.

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I wouldn’t be so harsh on the players leaving, everyone of them gave their all. L1 may have been a step to far for many but their efforts was never brought in to question.

Rob Jones did not give his all at any time during his time at Clyde. Not even close. I have never seen a lazier player in my 32 years of watching football anywhere in the world.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

1 minute ago, CM. said:

Thought Elsdon was pish personally. Came in and done a job at the start when Balatoni and Rumsby were having shockers together but over time has been poor aswell IMO

I think that’s a pretty fair assessment plus I think Danny had lost confidence in him as the season went on.

With Love, Nicoll and Docherty all leaving hopefully we can put to bed this nonsense of having people around because they're good in the changing room (albeit Docherty put in some relatively decent performances once he got his fitness sorted).

Still a lot of work to be done, and a couple still in the squad who are clearly not good enough, but tonight is a decent start.