Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Maybe not, but he came on with a different shirt number (10)  than was on the team lines (19).  But he didn't look much like Declan Fitzpatrick.  Was Declan's jersey number 10?

That was a wee inside joke for our admin f**k up at Hampden a few years ago when the aforementioned Mr Fitzpatrick played in a game we won but ended up losing the points and very nearly a spot in the playoffs that season. We ended up getting promoted, which shows how damaging that could’ve been.

That was a wee inside joke for our admin f**k up at Hampden a few years ago when the aforementioned Mr Fitzpatrick played in a game we won but ended up losing the points and very nearly a spot in the playoffs that season. We ended up getting promoted, which shows how damaging that could’ve been.
Whilst it undoubtedly costs us in the title challenge we did finish 27 points ahead of 5th placed Stirling so playoffs were never really in danger.

31 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

We drew the game at Hampden. It was the previous match against Albion Rovers which we had won.

That whole episode was embarrassing, particularly because Fitzpatrick was absolute rubbish.

Heard about it on the radio just as we were driving into Elgin.

It took the wind right out of our championship challenge sails contributing to a insipid defeat that day

In my opinion the cost wasn't just the points deducted but also the potential three points at Elgin.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Heard about it on the radio just as we were driving into Elgin.

It took the wind right out of our championship challenge sails contributing to a insipid defeat that day

In my opinion the cost wasn't just the points deducted but also the potential three points at Elgin.

There’s absolutely no doubt what you are saying is correct. Apparently the players were told before they left   

Broadwood in case any of them heard en route. It was devastating and demotivating and the performance at Elgin reflected this. 

Whats our options then as far as where we go and play now? Short term I'd imagine we will still be at Broadwood next year whilst a solution is sought, but I think after that it'll be the end of our time in Cumbernauld. I can't even imagine other places in the area like Cumbernauld Utd or Kilsyth Rangers would even be considered, the club has always sort of went from ignored in the area to now downright unwanted at this point. I think though its also not entirely impossible we stay at Broadwood longer as the relationship has been humped in the past and we've not really had any other options and we've ended up staying. NLC for all their posturing aren't going to get another tenant who makes use of the actual stands to any extent for all the pitches get used heavily, so I wouldn't rule out a change of tone, but between the constant threats of eviction and a landlord who currently don't want us I don't think its in the clubs interests now to remain. Other fans might feel differently of course.

Then where after that, potentially temporary? Lesser Hampden (if its an artificial surface), Accies? Neither ideal but we'll need somewhere to play.

We need some sort of stake in wherever we are going obviously. Back to trying out Shetto and Ruggy? EK? Maybe even the likes of Camby Rangers or Vale of Clyde.... Shawfield seems to be in limbo ironically too on its long term future and theres been no racing since before covid. Billy King is a stubborn old b*****d though. I've seen the hockey stadium at Glasgow Green mentioned but back to being held to ransom by a local authority landlord, plus I am not even sure the dimensions of the field there would translate to football.

One good thing I feel is improving your own facilities isn't as costly as it once was. These junior grounds in their current state aren't fit for even L1/2 football so we are going to have to invest if we end up having our "own place" wherever it might be. You have companies like stadium solutions who can cater to providing ground improvements for clubs even much smaller than even Clyde. Its at least not like the old days where you would have no choice but to be fleeced by companies like Barr Construction.

9 minutes ago, Clinically Proven said:

Whats our options then as far as where we go and play now? Short term I'd imagine we will still be at Broadwood next year whilst a solution is sought, but I think after that it'll be the end of our time in Cumbernauld. I can't even imagine other places in the area like Cumbernauld Utd or Kilsyth Rangers would even be considered, the club has always sort of went from ignored in the area to now downright unwanted at this point. I think though its also not entirely impossible we stay at Broadwood longer as the relationship has been humped in the past and we've not really had any other options and we've ended up staying. NLC for all their posturing aren't going to get another tenant who makes use of the actual stands to any extent for all the pitches get used heavily, so I wouldn't rule out a change of tone, but between the constant threats of eviction and a landlord who currently don't want us I don't think its in the clubs interests now to remain. Other fans might feel differently of course.

Then where after that, potentially temporary? Lesser Hampden (if its an artificial surface), Accies? Neither ideal but we'll need somewhere to play.

We need some sort of stake in wherever we are going obviously. Back to trying out Shetto and Ruggy? EK? Maybe even the likes of Camby Rangers or Vale of Clyde.... Shawfield seems to be in limbo ironically too on its long term future and theres been no racing since before covid. Billy King is a stubborn old b*****d though. I've seen the hockey stadium at Glasgow Green mentioned but back to being held to ransom by a local authority landlord, plus I am not even sure the dimensions of the field there would translate to football.

One good thing I feel is improving your own facilities isn't as costly as it once was. These junior grounds in their current state aren't fit for even L1/2 football so we are going to have to invest if we end up having our "own place" wherever it might be. You have companies like stadium solutions who can cater to providing ground improvements for clubs even much smaller than even Clyde. Its at least not like the old days where you would have no choice but to be fleeced by companies like Barr Construction.

Interesting points raised here.  The genius who originally told NLC we were going to leave is now back on the board. If we'd been less p***kly they probably wouldn't have been so hasty in giving us the heave.

We have an inexplicable positive belief that we can pick up some facility as an 'asset transfer' from the Council.  Not sure the hockey pitch at Glasgow Green would be considered, as it was custom built for the '14 Commonwealth games. Crownpoint has been mentioned but it would need serious money to get up to standard.  The cash burn is way beyond our wee club and its current structure.  With our bowling green mentality, why do we think we could make a better job of running a facility than the Council have done?

I'm sure the board are all good guys and have Clyde's best interests at heart but there's not much money amongst them and little in the way of business brains.  We struggle to arrange a fan's meeting, so a massive operation like a new stadium is a bit unrealistic.

Moving in with a west of Scotland team is an absolute non starter, unless Clyde have the money to put significant work into into the grounds. Even teams like Pollok Clyde can’t share with because of the lack of flood lights etc and they are at the top end of the West of Scotland scale. Also the chairman for the West of Scotland league said there would be no new ground shares for teams that play on grass pitches but would honour ones in place like Cumbernauld United/Kirky Rob Roy ( another reason we won’t end up at guys meadow). 

it’s a toss up really where we end up, the only viable options would be to grovel to NLC or we end up at Stenny or Hamilton for a couple of seasons. Can’t see QP wanting to put a team on their new grass blend pitch after what they have seen this season 

11 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

I'm sure the board are all good guys and have Clyde's best interests at heart but there's not much money amongst them and little in the way of business brains.  We struggle to arrange a fan's meeting, so a massive operation like a new stadium is a bit unrealistic.

This is the thing. I think after recent events, it's fairly clear that whilst the board may have the best interests of the club at heart, they're not really a group of leaders that can be trusted with, or are even capable of decisions of such magnitude. They were financially strongarmed by a guy who looks like an aged up Austin Powers ffs.

I still think the most likely outcome has been mentioned in the previous post - grovelling to NLC. Surely there's some kind of a benefit for them to have us continue as tenants. I'm not sure about the finances of the situation, but you'd assume that *some* money from us is better than no money from anyone.

The statement that came out the same day we signed Monday Samuel has flown under the radar a wee bit. Very interesting that 5 people got put straight onto the board without a vote of any kind ( to my knowledge). Including an ex chairman who is a very divisive figure within the support, watch the interim in his particular role be slowly removed.

Not  even trying to keep up the “ fan owned” illusion anymore.

1 hour ago, Ocelot1877 said:

The statement that came out the same day we signed Monday Samuel has flown under the radar a wee bit.

Yeah this seemed like it was on purpose. Statement appearing on the website with no tweet/other announcements etc. The board obviously knows it's a no-win situation.