Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

6 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

This is fuckin ridiculous, it’s bad enough having to put up with being trolled with other fans, without turning on your own, I’ve been attending Clyde games from the early 60’s and this is by far the worst I’ve felt, and there has been many lows, but what’s happening on here has just sickened me. There’s not many of us left , but we can still manage to squabble amongst ourselves.

Just stand up to the rapist apologists. It's not difficult. 

27 minutes ago, DeanMck said:

Fantastic amount raised and well done to everyone who donated 👏🏻.

one of the Glasgow branch was actually asked by the club to help coordinate this appeal and did so. With numerous branch members also contributing generously to the fund. 

Some of the work the branch have done in the last few months include organising a food bank at Clydebank with another a work in progress in a few weeks time at Broadwood, making donations to the club with a survival fund also been created a few weeks back given to the club at the end of the season. And helping Danny and the staff out with new laptop needed for match analysis and team prep. 

The supporters branch and people in general too can do good things without coming out public with it all.

image.png.96f67f676aa581a527d2277843e71fd5.png

12 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's a number of them staying quiet and waiting for someone else to fight the argument, then they jump in with their green dots in support. They're all cowards. You'll note they're on asking folk to go and challenge them to their faces, when they know they've got another 40 rape apologists there to back them up but barely any of them want to have the debate on here. 

19 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

This is exactly what I mean, it’s bad enough having nuggets like you on our threads, without in fighting

Would you turn a deaf ear to racists or homophobes? 

Chase them. 

Not much point on posting any further on here as it seems to be turning into a disgraceful witch hunt behind the scenes.

However, for what’s it’s worth, I’m not attacking the club but I do believe the decision to bring DG back was fundamentally flawed. That in itself seems enough to make you a target for those who disagree.

The Glasgow Branch are some of the most loyal supporters who follow the team all over the country and support a lot of good causes around the club, that’s a fact. But imo they’ve backed the wrong horse in supporting the return of DG.

Surely it’s to the benefit of the club to move on from this now. Singing his name at matches etc is not going to have any effect other than further tarnishing the clubs standing. This is not a dig at the Glasgow branch specifically btw as this issue has split the fan base and there seems to be an element backing him from across the fan base.

The good of the club should come before the good of an individual. Especially one who would be quite happily playing for a different club if circumstances had allowed.

Couldn't agree any more with the above. As the club's foremost (and really only) supporter's organisation, the Glasgow Branch should be looking to be as inclusive and welcoming as possible, with a stated aim of uniting and galvanising rather than perpetuating division in what is a declining and ageing fanbase. Taking accusations of rape apologism and the rest out of the debate, they've obviously misread the room with the Goodwillie situation in terms of how it would affect the club. That, of course, doesn't completely wipe out the good that is done by them, but the response of many individuals involved in the past few days has flown in the face of what the Glasgow Branch should be. If its aim is to carry on as a closed circle of self-preservation which questions the credentials of every non-member as a "true Clyde fan", then it's never going to achieve everything it could and its membership will remain exactly as it is. The only way to become united as a fanbase is to accept that there will be disagreements on some issues, mistakes and misjudgements also, without seeking to bully or intimidate fellow fans into suppressing conflicting views. The whole "X person isn't a real Clyde fan" or "I'm a better Clyde fan than you" schtick is proper playground stuff and it's not going to exactly make the club an attractive prospect to new or casual supporters, both of whom we need quite desperately if we are to maintain or grow our overall support in the years and decades to come.

Edited by the_bully_wee

On 05/03/2022 at 09:13, Clyde01 said:

They are obviously keen to have the North Lanarkshire taxpayers burdened with a 8000 seater white elephant of a stadium and only a glorified boys club to play in it.

The relationship between Clyde and the landlords had improved considerably in recent years but maybe that has changed with the ownership passing from NLL back to NLC, I’m not sure.

Like you I’m not really sure what they have to gain from chucking us out, other than some cheap publicity by using the Goodwillie fiasco as a catalyst.

How much do you think is made on a typical Clyde matchday? There's hardly anybody there.

More money to be made in letting the pitch out to numerous kids and youth games on a day, than tying the entire venue up for minimal return just because "Clyde".

Now Goodwillie is away again is that the lease at Broadwood salvaged? Would be nice if the club could give us a more detailed response.

Needs to be something more stable and preferable in place than playing at a place where the club are getting eviction threats every few years and the locals don't give a shit. Heaven forbid there's another big game clashing with a bmx tournament. 

Playing in a public park is becoming more preferable and as the main tenant and only one that draws a crowd it sticks that it's them dictating. 

Also what are the revenue arrangements are with things like the catering and rent? I know the relationship appeared improved with whoever the f**k was running the place a couple of years ago but sounds like it's back to the way it was for many years.

Edited by Clinically Proven

42 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

State of this post.   Making light of the situation in Ukraine & folks' efforts to try & do something to help.  Sawn off little runt's beneath contempt

You've never met him then?