Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

This just shows you that managers and owners of football clubs will stoop to any level to achieve success. 

Raith and now Clyde not giving a shit about the consequences of the signing of DW as he ‘guarantees goals’.

5 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The supporters of Goodwillies signing have gone all quiet, again. 

"It's *so* unfair. These chickens never showed any signs of wanting to roost at home previously, we were quite entitled to assume they never would."

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was going to ask the same thing - where's he going to train?

He could go a run around Strathclyde Country Park, unless the council have banned him from there too?

We've only got him on loan till the end of the season at which point he surely returns to Raith Rovers.

I wouldn't put it beyond our board to have contractually agreed to re-sign him in the summer giving how fucking stupid their decision making has been.

Oh my! What a shitstorm this is. Clyde making an absolute shitfuck of it and putting their very existence in jeopardy.  If Clyde are evicted where are they going to go? I can only think that they have a complete clear out of the board. A new board can say that they are the new face of Clyde and aren't responsible for this mess.  As a Thistle fan it is certainly giving Mr a huge chuckle, but we are actually talking about a club that are 140 years old, with a rich history and it is heartbreaking for this to be happening and to the true Clyde fan, my heart goes out to you. Ah well, I suppose the shit trickles back to Kirkcaldy now!

8 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Hello, is that EKFC club secretary?  Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hello is that Rutherglen Glencairn's club secretary? Bzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hello is that Shettleston Juniors club secretary?  Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Eh hello, is that Spartak Moscow's club secretary?  Da, hallo Clyde man!

Shettleston juniors are now Glasgow united

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Don't worry fellow Clyde supporters.

To paraphrase some of our idiot fans, the hoo-ha will only last a couple of days.

The ha ha is going to last a bit longer, by the looks of things.

22 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did it only come back under council control in the last 5/6 weeks?

Does it matter? The point is they didn't have control over the stadium when he signed last time, whereas now they do.

Regardless, attitudes change. They didn't even need to justify their decision.

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Does it matter? The point is they didn't have control over the stadium when he signed last time, whereas now they do.

Regardless, attitudes change. They didn't even need to justify their decision.

I think it does matter. I'm quite prepared to accept they didn't have control of the stadium when he originally signed, but if they are so aghast at him re-signing, why didn't they have a quiet word with Clyde whenever they did regain control over the ground?

As an outsider looking at this the council's decision smacks a little of opportunism (someone posted that the council and/or the subsidiary that was running the ground had a poor relationship with Clyde, and this was a good excuse to get rid of them).

I'm not arguing against their decision, just the timing of it.

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23