Jump to content

Clyde FC; Season 2022-23


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Just checking, should our landlord dictate our transfer policy? 

I don’t think our transfer policy matters a great deal when you don’t have anywhere for them to play tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

At least that's a principled stand to take and while I might disagree with the reasoning I have respect for you standing by your decision. 

I have no respect for those who change their opinion on goodie depending on what's in the papers that week. 

Quite a lot has changed actually and not just what is in the papers.  Most despicably of all we now have a group who hero-worship and defend Goodwillie both on messageboards and at games.  That is quite different to letting a guy play football for the worst team in Scotland (which at the time seemed like more humiliation and some small punishment for his actions).

What has also changed is a lot of people going back and seeing exactly what happened at the time and re-considering whether we should ever have signed him. Let's not forget this all came back in the media because he thought he could make a bit of money and didn't give a f**k what impact it would have on anyone else.

What has also happened is the realisation that the club is being run by people without a backbone who will let the club be shamed nationally under pressure from a few individuals.

Now you can pretend you are the one taking a principled stand if you are comfortable with all the above if you want but perfectly reasonable for others to view differently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cannibal said:

Quite a lot has changed actually and not just what is in the papers.  Most despicably of all we now have a group who hero-worship and defend Goodwillie both on messageboards and at games.  That is quite different to letting a guy play football for the worst team in Scotland (which at the time seemed like more humiliation and some small punishment for his actions).

What has also changed is a lot of people going back and seeing exactly what happened at the time and re-considering whether we should ever have signed him. Let's not forget this all came back in the media because he thought he could make a bit of money and didn't give a f**k what impact it would have on anyone else.

What has also happened is the realisation that the club is being run by people without a backbone who will let the club be shamed nationally under pressure from a few individuals.

Now you can pretend you are the one taking a principled stand if you are comfortable with all the above if you want but perfectly reasonable for others to view differently.

Metoo started in 2017 around the time we signed Goodie, it's not that much a difference to how it's viewed now. 

Take Val Mcdermit out this equation and I think he would be playing at Raith. 

Do we just punish someone who has never been found guilty for the rest of his life? 

In defence of the board I wouldn't describe taking this decision as spineless, the easy option was to take the money and run. They were pushed into listening to fans and sponsors but they made the tough decision in the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Metoo started in 2017 around the time we signed Goodie, it's not that much a difference to how it's viewed now. 

Take Val Mcdermit out this equation and I think he would be playing at Raith. 

Do we just punish someone who has never been found guilty for the rest of his life? 

In defence of the board I wouldn't describe taking this decision as spineless, the easy option was to take the money and run. They were pushed into listening to fans and sponsors but they made the tough decision in the end. 

Making tough decisions is easy. Getting them right is the hard part.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



At least that's a principled stand to take and while I might disagree with the reasoning I have respect for you standing by your decision. 



You disagree with a person not wanting to fund a rapist's wages? Interesting.



Do we just punish someone who has never been found guilty for the rest of his life? 



He was found guilty you complete weapon.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

Metoo started in 2017 around the time we signed Goodie, it's not that much a difference to how it's viewed now. 

Take Val Mcdermit out this equation and I think he would be playing at Raith. 

Do we just punish someone who has never been found guilty for the rest of his life? 

In defence of the board I wouldn't describe taking this decision as spineless, the easy option was to take the money and run. They were pushed into listening to fans and sponsors but they made the tough decision in the end. 

Us not re-signing him is not him being punished for life for a crime he didn't commit.  What a hill to die on.  Honestly i've never known a fanbase to be so hostile to ex-players (other than this one).  He hands in a transfer request when we are in a relegation battle and all you lot are treating him like a hero and willing to have the club be the shame of the nation to get what?  One and a half seasons of league 1 football that we would likely have anyway?

Edited by Cannibal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:


 

 

 


You disagree with a person not wanting to fund a rapist's wages? Interesting.




He was found guilty you complete weapon.

 

 

To be called a rapist you have to be found guilty by a jury of your peers in a criminal court, he wasn't. 

You can't be found guilty in a civil court you weapon. Maybe before having an opinion on something, try and understand the law. 

In civil court it basically comes down to 1 judge saying "meh probably happened", that's it. Not beyond believable doubt, not guilty, not a jury. 

So on nothing more than "meh probably" people are willing to ruin someone's life, he's also not the only person this has happened to. 

Another man who found "not proven" in a criminal court, only to have a civil court say he was liable. Well that's a great justice system, liable for something which is not proven. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cannibal said:

Us not re-signing him is not him being punished for life for a crime he didn't commit.  What a hill to die on.  Honestly i've never known a fanbase to be so hostile to ex-players.  He hands in a transfer request when we are in a relegation battle and all you lot are treating him like a hero and willing to have the club be the shame of the nation to get what?  One and a half seasons of league 1 football that we would likely have anyway?

I don't think you can blame any clyde player for wanting full time football and a better wage. Would refuse to take Mitchell back if he became available? 

The punishment is he isn't making nearly the same amount he would have been or playing at the level his ability deserves.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be called a rapist you have to be found guilty by a jury of your peers in a criminal court, he wasn't. 
You can't be found guilty in a civil court you weapon. Maybe before having an opinion on something, try and understand the law. 
In civil court it basically comes down to 1 judge saying "meh probably happened", that's it. Not beyond believable doubt, not guilty, not a jury. 
So on nothing more than "meh probably" people are willing to ruin someone's life, he's also not the only person this has happened to. 
Another man who found "not proven" in a criminal court, only to have a civil court say he was liable. Well that's a great justice system, liable for something which is not proven. 
 

In a thread full of complete morons, you're doing your best to be top dog.

"Can't be found guilty in a civil court" - that's a belter.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jack Burton said:
35 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:
I don't think we're much of a club if a council is deciding who we should or shouldn't buy.
 

We've just let a sponsor decide who we buy.

Owners voted on the forum and it was in favour of a return. The glasgow branch with 250 members were behind the sponsors push for a return. Danny lennon wanted his return. The players wanted his return. This was far more than just a sponsor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BullyWee Craig said:

I don't think you can blame any clyde player for wanting full time football and a better wage. Would refuse to take Mitchell back if he became available? 

The punishment is he isn't making nearly the same amount he would have been or playing at the level his ability deserves.

 

Well a) he should be getting his money from Raith as they were stupid enough to sign him and b) if he's not playing or being paid at the level he should be it is his own fault.

Unreal some of the logic being used here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Owners voted on the forum and it was in favour of a return. The glasgow branch with 250 members were behind the sponsors push for a return. Danny lennon wanted his return. The players wanted his return. This was far more than just a sponsor.
The owners vote was a small majority of 100 votes.

How do you become a Glasgow Branch member and were they all consulated or are you just basing that on how many followers their Facebook page has?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BullyWee Craig said:

 

In civil court it basically comes down to 1 judge saying "meh probably happened", that's it. Not beyond believable doubt, not guilty, not a jury. 

Honestly just stop talking. You're a fucking idiot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:


In a thread full of complete morons, you're doing your best to be top dog.

"Can't be found guilty in a civil court" - that's a belter.

You're getting angry at a fact? It's not my fault you don't understand the law. 

It's also not a minor detail, it's the basis for him being called a rapist and this whole circus. Yet they removed all protections given to those accused, which are in place to ensure people get a fair trial. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...