Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Just now, accies1874 said:

Being a footballer is obviously different from the vast majority of jobs in Scotland. For example, plumbers/electricians don't acquire a legion of fawning imbeciles purely because they unclogged your toilet a few times.

but surely he would be more likely in that role to be in contact with woman than he is as a footballer.

He shouldn't be allowed to play any form of professional football but any other form of work/income you're ok with?
I presume you'd find it acceptable if he went full time with the plumbing/electrician (I forget which) work he is now trained to do? 
What if he fancied a bit of punditry/football commentary work on the side in a few years once memories have faded somewhat? Is that something which you would be ok with or would that be crossing a line? I realise this post is going to come across as fairly facetious but I don't really understand this "no more football" moral ruling that many fans have come to.
Goodwillie's job happens to be playing football. He was found guilty of a heinous crime and was dealt with accordingly as per the law of the land. The ruling did not stipulate he could no longer play football so why is it that many feel he should be banned from doing his job for the rest of his working life?
Being a footballer is obviously different from the vast majority of jobs in Scotland. For example, plumbers/electricians don't acquire a legion of fawning imbeciles purely because they unclogged your toilet a few times.

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

what are you trying to say im a right wing boomer? I have no poltiical allegience they are all shite. Im also 35. I just call things how I see them and not fall into what the media want me to believe.

The treatment of David Goodwillie by scottish people has been an absolute disgrace

I’m trying to say you are an absolute fucking zoomer.

30 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

I would hope so.

However I think you will find there is a proportion of men been in situations similar in their younger days.

Really? 

A proportion of men have been in the company of a female so drunk that her immediate health was impaired and was incapable of providing consent and decided to have sex 'with' them anyway? 

Really? 

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Away back to your teniment you fucking arsehole

what are you trying to say im a right wing boomer? I have no poltiical allegience they are all shite. Im also 35. I just call things how I see them and not fall into what the media want me to believe.
The treatment of David Goodwillie by scottish people has been an absolute disgrace
This is a fantastic parody - fair play!

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Genuine question, and one I don't know the answer to.

If someone was convicted of rape on a civil court, would they be able to return to work as a teacher? Or working with vulnerable people. Or as a doctor? 

Dont know the answer either but not relevant as he isnt a teacher,  or doctor or working vulnerable people (well you could maybe say big Jonesy is a vulnerable footballer in that he isnt one).

I guess would depend if Disclosure Scotland deemed them unsuitable and removed them from the PVG scheme.

but surely he would be more likely in that role to be in contact with woman than he is as a footballer.
Yeah I've not met many footballers but the ones I have met have actually never come into contact with any women ever. It's a strange quirk of the profession.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:
7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yeah I've not met many footballers but the ones I have met have actually never come into contact with any women ever. It's a strange quirk of the profession.

As a footballer how many woman if he likely to come in contact with? Not very many?

3 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

What's a teniment? 

It's what a tenement becomes when being looked after by someone who can't spell. 

17 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Because the world has become so soft and offended by everything. Its as simple as that. Also people have to have someone too blame whether there is someone too blame or not.

How about this then - You're a specky wee freak. Go away back to the midden that is Camelon.

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I dont wear glasses and thats fine you stick to your midden called glasgow

You don't have to wear glasses to be specky. Specky is a state of mind, and even your online personality exhudes huge specky energy.

If rumours are to be believed, folk put pressure on the board by threatening to remove funding if the club didn't re-sign their favourite player.

I would like to put on record that I think those people are c***s who should be told to stick their money up their tone deaf shitters.

*ETA. I hope those c***s read a little of this thread and feel just a little self awareness. Although I doubt it.

C***s!

Edited by haufdaft

1 hour ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

I am sure he is sorry that the whole event ever happened and wished he could go back in time to change everything.

not as sorry as the poor girl who had the misfortune to meet 2 rapists on a night out.do you think she wishes she could turn the clock back?

as for the do gooders who say he’s being stopped from working.he’s not being stopped from working,not unless his delivery job company have sacked him for being a beast

he should never play professional football again.

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23