Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

@Bullyweeno1, @JBJ, @RutherGlen - Your views are extremely worrying. As individuals you should be ashamed and embarrassed of what you're posting here. You really need to speak to actual human beings.

Here, the club had the chance to right some absolutely deplorable wrongs. This player even demanded a move away from a club that had given him an undeserved chance in the game. If these reports are correct, the club and anyone that still attends Broadwood deserves that comes to them.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

2 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Whether or not I believe in the ability to rehabilitate isn’t really the matter here. I don't think the punishment he received was anywhere near harsh enough and feel he has been let off with just going about his business far too much. Yes, he would have played at a higher level and made more money. But, I don't believe he should ever have been allowed to play at a professional level again.

As people have mentioned already, he hasn't ever shown any remorse for what happened. In any walk of life people apologise in situations, even when they don't believe they have done anything wrong. It's how things work. So whether he thinks he done nothing wrong with regards to raping the girl, it should never have happened the way it did.

If you dont think the punish was harsh enough then surely that is a problem of the justice system more than anything else.

I dont agree that you would apologise for something you believe you havent done.  You may be sorry that that the circumstances of events ever happened for all involved but you surely cant apologise if you genuinely feel you did nothing wrong???

11 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

He doesnt believe he has done anything wrong so difficult to show remorse for something he hasnt done.

If he did then he could open himself up to potential prosecution.

I am sure he is sorry that the whole event ever happened and wished he could go back in time to change everything.

9 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

why would he do that when he claims innnocence.

The question was “what would it take for him to get some forgiveness”

That’s what it would take to begin that conversation. If he doesn’t want to do that, for whatever reason, then f**k him. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

The question was “what would it take for him to get some forgiveness”

That’s what it would take to begin that conversation. If he doesn’t want to do that, for whatever reason, then f**k him. 

So what if the guy was innocent? He wasn't convicted. If he wasn't a footballer/celebrity he wouldn't have been done in a civil court either. He should have forgiveness for a crime he didn'#t commit? #

I'm just playing devils advocate here if he had been found guilty in criminal court i'd agree

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He hasn't paid his compensation though, has he? He hasn't kept his head down, he moaned about not being able to afford a fancy car. And he hasn't commented - even without making a full apology that could possibly be construed as an admission of guilt - on the events of the night, about how he has realised that despite not thinking he'd been done anything wrong he still appreciates how much if an ordeal it was for the victim, etc. Even if he'd done all those things, I'd still be reluctant to have him do something that would keep his name in the papers tbh. 

Other than that though, good post.

I believe the comp was paid.

Just now, Bullyweeno1 said:

He was ordered to pay £100k which he did by selling his house.  Unfortunately most of the £100k went in lawyers fees.

Without wanting to wade in on this very unpleasant debate, this would suggest otherwise

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sundaypost.com/fp/david-goodwillie-pay-off/amp/

2 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

He was ordered to pay £100k which he did by selling his house.  Unfortunately most of the £100k went in lawyers fees.

Right. So he didn’t pay the compensation then. Glad you understand now.  

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Not attacking him. I’m against signing him again. Quite different.

Maybe the other guy not defending the allegations just for signing him again. He was ok with accepting the earlier decision without resorting to name calling.  I feel sure this was not a unanimous decision anywhere and I wonder if any Board members feel conflicted. Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

So what if the guy was innocent? He wasn't convicted. If he wasn't a footballer/celebrity he wouldn't have been done in a civil court either. He should have forgiveness for a crime he didn'#t commit? #

I'm just playing devils advocate here if he had been found guilty in criminal court i'd agree

Aw not this guy

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Right. So he didn’t pay the compensation then. Glad you understand now.  

He paid the compensation to the women involved who then had to pay the lawyers their fees.

I would understand that to paying the compensation he was due as ordered by the court.

Have you actually read the report from the civil court case?

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

@Bullyweeno1, @JBJ, @RutherGlen - Your views are extremely worrying. As individuals you should be ashamed and embarrassed of what you're posting here. You really need to speak to actual human beings.

Here, the club had the chance to right some absolutely deplorable wrongs. This player even demanded a move away from a club that had given him an undeserved chance in the game. If these reports are correct, the club and anyone that still attends Broadwood deserves that comes to them.

“All”.... your missing word.

Look you obviously feel strongly on the subject and that’s fine. But, you’re overreacting and the abuse is not necessary. Have you stayed away from Clyde since the player joined us? Or do you feel more strongly now after the past month having watched him play for Clyde for  4 seasons?

He was offered a final chance of full time football- is it so bad he felt like taking that offer up? Most people were happy to let him go with their blessing.  You seem very betrayed that he wanted to leave.

14 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

If you dont think the punish was harsh enough then surely that is a problem of the justice system more than anything else.

I dont agree that you would apologise for something you believe you havent done.  You may be sorry that that the circumstances of events ever happened for all involved but you surely cant apologise if you genuinely feel you did nothing wrong???

Somewhat true, but im still entitled to voice my opinion here when this pretty high profile situation occurs.

I just don't get it. He could quite easily have apologised for the way things unfolded and that it happened without it appearing that he is admitting he raped her. People in almost every walk of life apologise for things they didn't directly do or even believe they done anything wrong.

4 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

He paid the compensation to the women involved who then had to pay the lawyers their fees.

I would understand that to paying the compensation he was due as ordered by the court.

Your understanding needs a bit of sharpening up it seems.