Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

My only issue with the Balitoni signing was that obviously nobody had seen him play in previous 12 months or so. If they had it was obvious he was finished.

However, at the time I actually thought we were getting the player we had seen in L2 on previous occasions and was actually ok with it,  but as we all know that wasn’t the case… again my point I assume no one had watched him, at least hope nobody had , if they had and still signed him that that’s a worry!

Guest JBJ
35 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

My only issue with the Balitoni signing was that obviously nobody had seen him play in previous 12 months or so. If they had it was obvious he was finished.

However, at the time I actually thought we were getting the player we had seen in L2 on previous occasions and was actually ok with it,  but as we all know that wasn’t the case… again my point I assume no one had watched him, at least hope nobody had , if they had and still signed him that that’s a worry!

Yes. The mere fact Edinburgh let him go should have been considered more.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I think what they're getting at is that even Danny Lennon didn't recruit him. The player approached the manager. Probably best to just stop this now.

Oh all right. If you say so. Clearly you speak for others too.

17 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Seriously?

Yeah understand is one of the top earners and in top 5 is probably right.

Think top earners will be (in no particular order)

1. Goodwillie

2. Parry (replacing Mitchell)

3. Gomis

4. Love

5. Balatoni

Edited by Bullyweeno1

Guest JBJ
2 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yeah understand is one of the top earners and in top 5 is probably right.

Think top earners will be (in no particular order)

1. Goodwillie

2. Parry (replacing Mitchell)

3. Gomis

4. Love

5. Balatoni

I’d say

1. gone and not allowed back

2.Gomis

3.Balatoni 

4. Parry

5. Love

Why would we pay a player who needed to actively hawk himself around clubs a relatively high salary?

That flies in the face of the traditional supply and demand convention.

Then again, we gave McGrath a two year contract.

All sounds very Clyde like to me.

Guest JBJ
14 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Why would we pay a player who needed to actively hawk himself around clubs a relatively high salary?

That flies in the face of the traditional supply and demand convention.

Then again, we gave McGrath a two year contract.

All sounds very Clyde like to me.

Think we were the only club he contacted. Does that make it better or worse? 
I think at that stage we’d been either turned down or messed about by loads of target signings.....not sure we had any CB’s signed at that point..... Rumsby was late, Elsden even later and not quite sure about Page. Panic was surely setting it. 

Edited by JBJ

I think at that stage we’d been either turned down or messed about by loads of target signings.....not sure we had any CB’s signed at that point..... Rumsby was late, Elsden even later and not quite sure about Page. Panic was surely setting it. 
We signed him in the middle of June. Surely that would've been too soon to panic.

Guest JBJ
1 minute ago, haufdaft said:
11 minutes ago, JBJ said:

We signed him in the middle of June. Surely that would've been too soon to panic.

No other CB’s signed and the two Dumbarton CB’s turned us down.... mild panic then 

Guest JBJ
21 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

As well as Howie, McNiff and Grant

.... and Scott Mercer, Alan Gault, Connor Sammon and several others I can’t recall

8 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

No, it just seemed fairly obvious

You said, "Probably best to just stop this now."

I agreed.

Yet you carried on. 

Perhaps you have some form of "Last Word Syndrome"?

Best to stop this now.

Guest JBJ
20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Peterhead getting a player from accies and Montrose a player from Dundee today, but there’s nobody available…

Can fully understand our busy recruitment team missing out on lads from Dundee going to Montrose- but an Accies lad going away up to Peterhead? Unless he hails from that region. 
Be interesting to compare our 2 loanees against our competitors in league 1 

5 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Peterhead getting a player from accies and Montrose a player from Dundee today, but there’s nobody available…

Concerning IMHO. 

P Heid and Montrose might've been better placed geographically...or have picked up a player for position we don't have a gap for like RB, CH, CM, RW or CF, or another CH or a 2nd CF.

I don't know, but we seem off the pace recruitment-wise.  Since Xmas we've lost our CF and a CH, in a kind of planned way, but we seem incapable of finding any warm body to fill the berth. 

1 minute ago, Harry Haddock said:

Board turned down a striker last night.Currently with a Championship side.

Would that be a former Clyde player?

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23