Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

3 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Looks as though Jim Goodwin is going to be the new Aberdeen manager. I learned very recently that John Potter has actually been assisting at QP whilst they search for their own new manager. I take it Jack Ross wouldn’t fancy a sensational return home?

For me, I’d probably trigger the extra year extension. However, if Danny did leave, I wouldn’t be too upset. Danny has been an absolute gent during his time and his tenure has ultimately been more successful than negative. However, as others have mentioned, the club’s recruitment during more recent seasons hasn’t been up to scratch. That would definitely need to improve if he stays.

Just read that on Twitter about Goodwin. I thought it was a done deal with Aberdeen and Jack Ross. Would be brilliant to have him back but I think he’s beyond our reach.

4 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Looks as though Jim Goodwin is going to be the new Aberdeen manager. I learned very recently that John Potter has actually been assisting at QP whilst they search for their own new manager. I take it Jack Ross wouldn’t fancy a sensational return home?

Recognised Potter in the dugout when we played them at Broadwood recently. Was talk of Ross going to QP but seems to have cooled now.

Out of interest, does anyone know if the amended loan rules are still in place? Where SPFL clubs can register 6 loan players instead of 4?

Either way, my maths tell me we only have two players on loan (Jamieson and McAllister). Can't wait to either sign no one, or sign some marks with no first team games under their belts.

Absolutely bizarre how a player who played at a high level can regress so badly. Just couldn't change direction.

Given that he was literally in the team 2 weeks ago then surely we are bringing someone in? We will have a bigger budget than Falkirk next season at this rate.

Considering he's only 31,I thought he would be decent enough for another couple of seasons but he's done.

I'm assuming we must have someone coming in as at leaves us with only 3 centre halves and one of them usually ends up filling at right back.