Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

So DGW is rumoured to be going to Darvel????? So does this mean the boycotting of Rooster Chicken , nandos and Browning pies ? Which I think are owned by the Darvel owner. Will Nicola Surgeon come out and denounce this. If their is silence about this then this shows what hypocrisy there is in football and in Scotland. What's good enough for Darvel is good enough for Clyde. Bring DGW back to Clyde! What are going to lose? A few sponsors and supporters . You cannot treat  the guy as a pariah. Get him back or be relegated this season and maybe in a few years further down the pyramid.. Bring him back! All Clyde fans deep down want him back. Do it or the club falls into oblivion anyway!

So DGW is rumoured to be going to Darvel????? So does this mean the boycotting of Rooster Chicken , nandos and Browning pies ? Which I think are owned by the Darvel owner. Will Nicola Surgeon come out and denounce this. If their is silence about this then this shows what hypocrisy there is in football and in Scotland. What's good enough for Darvel is good enough for Clyde. Bring DGW back to Clyde! What are going to lose? A few sponsors and supporters . You cannot treat  the guy as a pariah. Get him back or be relegated this season and maybe in a few years further down the pyramid.. Bring him back! All Clyde fans deep down want him back. Do it or the club falls into oblivion anyway!

New account, check
First post, check
Talking pish, check

You see the attacking of Peterhead, Dumbarton on Saturday and a possible resurgence of Alloa. I have barely seen that in our own team this season and it’s sickening,frustrating and worrying all at the same time…oh and the next 4 games will result in zero points unless some decent loans get sorted out. 

7 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

New account, check
First post, check
Talking pish, check

Tell me why my post is pish! Be constructive not critical. Believe me the last bit of my post will become reality unless Clyde FC gets some serious investment or sponsorship. If the club stays as it is it will be lucky to stay in SFL.

Tell me why my post is pish! Be constructive not critical. Believe me the last bit of my post will become reality unless Clyde FC gets some serious investment or sponsorship. If the club stays as it is it will be lucky to stay in SFL.

So part of your strategy to attract ‘serious investment or sponsorship’ is to bring back a high profile rapist and the associated back lash?

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Clyde Londoner said:

Did you get a load of spare punctuation for Christmas? 

Also, it's quite reasonable to treat rapists as pariahs, you thick c**t. 

12 hours ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

Not agreeing or disagreeing- but still his goal more of a contribution than any other player for this game 

Exactly. Whoever scored our goal in a drab 1-3 defeat would've likely got MOTM as the only positive contribution from the game. Strange thing for folk to get their knickers in a twist over.

11 hours ago, Clyde Londoner said:

Imagine taking time out of your day to make an account and post this. Could have done literally anything else, but decided to type out and share those words. Hard to fathom.

11 hours ago, Clyde Londoner said:

. Bring DGW back to Clyde! What are going to lose? A few sponsors and supporters . You cannot treat  the guy as a pariah. Get him back or be relegated this season and maybe in a few years further down the pyramid.

2 hours ago, Clyde Londoner said:

Believe me the last bit of my post will become reality unless Clyde FC gets some serious investment or sponsorship.

You are an obvious troll.  

34 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Imagine taking time out of your day to make an account and post this. Could have done literally anything else, but decided to type out and share those words. Hard to fathom.

It’s all the exact same person I’d bet, regurgitating pish about “ real Clyde fans”  “ deep down all Clyde fans” Probably green dotting them self also. 

Someone with far to much time on their hands. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

I think if everyone is fit, it probably makes a bit of sense to revert back to the 3-5-2 that worked quite well before, where the wing backs tucked in to be quite defensive.

Parry

Page     Elsdon    Docherty

McAllister            Gomis                  Livingstone

Cuddihy            Splaine

Jamieson  Love

Doc has been one of our best performers in recent months. Gomis is done but realistically is the best we have at playing that pivot role to receive the ball short off of the centre half's. The wing backs line up on the classic proviso that if one goes, the other tucks in to make a back four. Splaine is frustrating but is definitely one of our better midfield players. Love is also fairly done but he's still an absolute nuisance and has a goal in him, so having him up top works for me. Jamieson in there simply because I don't think Jones or Tade should start.

I think if everyone is fit, it probably makes a bit of sense to revert back to the 3-5-2 that worked quite well before, where the wing backs tucked in to be quite defensive.
                              Parry
               Page     Elsdon    Docherty
                      Jamieson  Love

Doc has been one of our best performers in recent months. Gomis is done but realistically is the best we have at playing that pivot role to receive the ball short off of the centre half's. The wing backs line up on the classic proviso that if one goes, the other tucks in to make a back four. Splaine is frustrating but is definitely one of our better midfield players. Love is also fairly done but he's still an absolute nuisance and has a goal in him, so having him up top works for me. Jamieson in there simply because I don't think Jones or Tade should start.

That’s not far off what I would go for as our best line up. Probably Rumsby in for page and Cunningham for gomis or splaine.

Makes it more of a 343 with livingstone and mcallister as wingbacks.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Parry

Rumsby Page     Elsdon    Docherty

Jamieson  Love Cunningham

2 changes

41 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

That’s not far off what I would go for as our best line up. Probably Rumsby in for page and Cunningham for gomis or splaine.

Makes it more of a 343 with livingstone and mcallister as wingbacks.

I did like Cunningham, but I've seen him do absolutely nothing this season other than against East Fife when he suddenly becomes a Ballon d'Or contender. I feel like he just disappears from games for long periods of time which, like him or not, Ally Love does't do.

For me it's a bit of a coin toss as to whether Page or Rumsby starts. Both are just... fine. Both are bad when played at right back. Let's go with Rumsby for sentimental value.

Parry (c)

Page   Elsdon   Rumsby

McAllister                Livingstone

Gomis

Splaine           Cuddihy

Jamieson. Cunningham

Would like to see Cunningham utilised more centrally and see if his pace can get us up the park and put teams on their back heels. Think him and Jamieson would give teams more to think about defensively than Jones or Tade who I would utilise in later stages of games. Loves always been best coming off the bench for Clyde and that’s a role he should stick to. 

Edited by Ocelot1877