Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I think that’s a good signing for you guys. He stood out for Dumbarton last season and although he hasn’t been very good this season you can see he is a committed player and throws himself into every tackle (maybe too much actually).

Not quite sure where his best position is as we’ve tried him at RB and in midfield but I’m hoping he can get a bit of form and do a job for us next season.

Nick McAllister was absolutely excellent for us last season, and is a player I'd have back in a heartbeat. He's definitely at his best (imo) as a right-back, and I really thought he'd go on to do well for himself at Ayr United. But alas that move has turned into a bit of a disaster.

He's easily one of the most aggressive players I've ever seen play for us. He flies into tackles, he's superb in the air for someone quite small and he will never shirk a 50/50. Only issue with all that being that he is prone to injuring himself as he flies into a 200mph challenge.

We played him at centre-back, centre-mid and at right-back. And right-back was definitely where he looked at his best for me. He's incredibly quick and will charge up and down the line all day long no bother at all. He'll be a huge upgrade on the likes of Billy Mortimer and Marky Munro in that regard.

I suppose his only issue is maybe that he isn't the greatest footballer in the world. It's not that he's bad. It's just that he isn't a great passer, crosser or anything like that. He'll cause teams at this level problems by just kicking the ball and running mind you. He also took a good few games to get up and running with us, at first he was just an angry wee guy walking about kicking folk until he got booked.

You'll know how Jim Duffy likes his defenders as much as anyone, and Duffy was a huge McAllister fan. So you can make of that what you will.

Happy with Nick McAllister. I was hoping we might have brought him in the summer. Should be a big upgrade at right back.

Munro was rubbish for us first time round so was utterly bizzare that we signed him again at least he's off the wage bill now.

This might help as an upgrade on two positions. McAllister can upgrade at RB and means we can hopefully mean Cuddihy back into midfield to shore things up in there.

Would still love that creative midfielder that DL spoke of at the fan meeting. Trouten would make a very good Jan window but can’t see that one tbh.

Nick McAllister is a great signing for you. His best position with us was definitely Right Back - not technically outstanding but he competent. Physically, he’s strong and quick and as mentioned above his work-rate and commitment is excellent. Would have loved him back at the Sons.

Nick McAllister is a great signing for you. His best position with us was definitely Right Back - not technically outstanding but he competent. Physically, he’s strong and quick and as mentioned above his work-rate and commitment is excellent. Would have loved him back at the Sons.

Competent right back is good enough for me.

5 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Interesting signing that.  Ability-wise I would definitely put him on a par with big Robert Jones.