Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Aiden Keena just left Falkirk… Now only having Dowds I think they’ll be trying everything to get Goodie. A bit surprised tbh because I would’ve said Keena is their best attacking option along with Morrison 

They signed a striker on loan from livi last week who scored twice on Saturday. 

Clyde has stated that its hard to get players signed up on loan this window due to covid and clubs not wanting to loan players out and keep a bigger squad. If it were that difficult why have other clubs strengthened their squads. There's Falkirk who signed a lad on loan from Livvy, comes off the bench on Saturday and scores 2 goals. There are gems out there and players available yet we are punching above our weight right now somehow picking up points along the way with no solid links to anyone. 

28 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Aiden Keena just left Falkirk… Now only having Dowds I think they’ll be trying everything to get Goodie. A bit surprised tbh because I would’ve said Keena is their best attacking option along with Morrison 

There's no way we should even consider selling our best player to a team 3 points above us at this stage of the season. They could potentially get promoted and we could be relegated. If he wants to leave fine - he doesn't owe us anything (apart from maybe not leaving before the end of the season). He's been brilliant for us and the only reason we are where we are just now.

33 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Falkirk sign Goodie to replace Keena, we never see any of the money spent, we don't get anyone else in and just go with Jones and Tade as the forwards until the end of the season.

We may as well just say, who are we playing in the relegation playoffs if that happens.

Have heard that Falkirk have come in with a 3rd bid over the weekend.

Personally I think it is too late in the window now to sell.  We say that DGW isnt for sale the now and reevaluate in the summer.

He might not be happy but unfortunately thats life when you sign a contract.  I am sure Harry Kane felt the same way when he was trying to force his move through.

Just a case of being professional and getting on with it.  As if he didnt perform for the rest of the season there may be no one interested in the summer.

I said after the AGM went offline that I was fairly sure we were going to sell DGW around deadline, pocket the money and then hear tripe about our squad depth.

I was hoping I was being pessmistic - and fingers crossed I am still - but this is the direction we’re heading down

35 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

We are meant to be making another signing shortly and it's meant to be a decent one. Keep your fingers crossed it's not yer star man chaps. 

As a Clyde supporter I was getting excited reading this until I read 'another signing'... thought nope not us, as we've not made any, then when I read  'it's meant to be a decent one', then I knew it defo ain't us. We don't do decent signings,  just shit at best. 🙄

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We are meant to be making another signing shortly and it's meant to be a decent one. Keep your fingers crossed it's not yer star man chaps. 

Decent maybe not the best word to use about him.

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

DGW wants FT football. If Falkirk don't go up they're expected to be PT next season. Not sure he'd take that risk. 

20 minutes ago, Scotchpie said:

DGW wants FT football. If Falkirk don't go up they're expected to be PT next season. Not sure he'd take that risk. 

I don't think we will be part time next season if we don't go up. Might be a hybrid model but there's absolutely no chance we will be completely part time. 

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't think we will be part time next season if we don't go up. Might be a hybrid model but there's absolutely no chance we will be completely part time. 

Aye especially with the fact you're dishing out 18-month full time contracts to the likes of Paul Watson. Undoubtedly there are questions about this decision from Goodwillie given that he turns 33 in March and hasn't played full time football since 2017. Realistically, Falkirk are his only full time option given their relative desperation and the uproar when Raith were sniffing about. He's been coaching, so maybe he sees 1-on-1 sessions as a viable full time option for when he finishes? I don't see him passing his PVG if it were to become official though.

Goodwillie wants full time football and realistically, a combination of Callumn Morrison, Anton Dowds and David Goodwillie gets you promoted. It's really quite funny though what desperation has done to Falkirk FC and its fans, given how loud they were and how eager they were to call us all the names under the sun for accepting Goodwillie at our club when we were staring down the barrel of the Lowland League. Even the mere prospect of him signing two years ago had fans willing to tear up their season tickets. A couple of seasons down in League 1 will humble you right up.

55 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Aye especially with the fact you're dishing out 18-month full time contracts to the likes of Paul Watson. Undoubtedly there are questions about this decision from Goodwillie given that he turns 33 in March and hasn't played full time football since 2017. Realistically, Falkirk are his only full time option given their relative desperation and the uproar when Raith were sniffing about. He's been coaching, so maybe he sees 1-on-1 sessions as a viable full time option for when he finishes? I don't see him passing his PVG if it were to become official though.

Goodwillie wants full time football and realistically, a combination of Callumn Morrison, Anton Dowds and David Goodwillie gets you promoted. It's really quite funny though what desperation has done to Falkirk FC and its fans, given how loud they were and how eager they were to call us all the names under the sun for accepting Goodwillie at our club when we were staring down the barrel of the Lowland League. Even the mere prospect of him signing two years ago had fans willing to tear up their season tickets. A couple of seasons down in League 1 will humble you right up.

Still a very strong undercurrent of resistance to signing this nasty piece of work.

Val McDairmid was right in her condemnation of Raith thinking about signing him.

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23