Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I’m sure you’re not the only person who still thinks he is a main board Director. He did seem extremely chuffed to be a Director when interviewed by a Celtic State of mind, one of the unofficial Celtic podcasts. 
I suspect the revelation that our Articles preclude Director’s being remunerated assisted his decision to resign and take up the brand new paid role and title of Director of Football Operations.
Now we have that out the way........ and much more importantly, his performance so far?

Interesting post. I didn't know that.

7 minutes ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

Whether director, head of football operations , operational manger of direction or manger of operators for football  - I just love that the forced/enforced layoff has corrected all the chav Ned elocution issues 

Elocution relates to the spoken word. 

5 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Aiden Keena just left Falkirk… Now only having Dowds I think they’ll be trying everything to get Goodie. A bit surprised tbh because I would’ve said Keena is their best attacking option along with Morrison 

They signed a striker on loan from livi last week who scored twice on Saturday. 

Clyde has stated that its hard to get players signed up on loan this window due to covid and clubs not wanting to loan players out and keep a bigger squad. If it were that difficult why have other clubs strengthened their squads. There's Falkirk who signed a lad on loan from Livvy, comes off the bench on Saturday and scores 2 goals. There are gems out there and players available yet we are punching above our weight right now somehow picking up points along the way with no solid links to anyone. 

28 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Aiden Keena just left Falkirk… Now only having Dowds I think they’ll be trying everything to get Goodie. A bit surprised tbh because I would’ve said Keena is their best attacking option along with Morrison 

There's no way we should even consider selling our best player to a team 3 points above us at this stage of the season. They could potentially get promoted and we could be relegated. If he wants to leave fine - he doesn't owe us anything (apart from maybe not leaving before the end of the season). He's been brilliant for us and the only reason we are where we are just now.

33 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Falkirk sign Goodie to replace Keena, we never see any of the money spent, we don't get anyone else in and just go with Jones and Tade as the forwards until the end of the season.

We may as well just say, who are we playing in the relegation playoffs if that happens.

Have heard that Falkirk have come in with a 3rd bid over the weekend.

Personally I think it is too late in the window now to sell.  We say that DGW isnt for sale the now and reevaluate in the summer.

He might not be happy but unfortunately thats life when you sign a contract.  I am sure Harry Kane felt the same way when he was trying to force his move through.

Just a case of being professional and getting on with it.  As if he didnt perform for the rest of the season there may be no one interested in the summer.