Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Still very raw, and talking purely on the football activities, we've been involved (hasten to add not played) in three cup competitions and drew with EK, lost to both Broomhill and Clydebank (no disrespect to the aforementioned clubs, one adverse result may be tolerable for a one off cup tie, however all three!!)  and therefore not progressed in the cups to the next rounds which automatically provides much needed income through  progression and/or gate receipts depending on the draw. Failings therefore puts much more strain on revenue income which we greatly require. Unacceptable from a footballing perspective in not achieving targets.

Valid points made previously over recent posts by other suffering fans regarding the hierarchy, structure, direction and support mechanisms.

Might be worth bringing John Rankin back to the club?...........

20k ah think for gettin to round 4, plus gate money. probably double that for round 5 and way a lot o beatable (should be beatable) teams thats probably 60k plus gate money that display has cost the club

We will also no for sure who we missed out oan in round 4 as the ball number for Clydebank will exactly the wan we wud have had

god knows where this is gonny end up

2 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Still very raw, and talking purely on the football activities, we've been involved (hasten to add not played) in three cup competitions and drew with EK, lost to both Broomhill and Clydebank (no disrespect to the aforementioned clubs, one adverse result may be tolerable for a one off cup tie, however all three!!)  and therefore not progressed in the cups to the next rounds which automatically provides much needed income through  progression and/or gate receipts depending on the draw. Failings therefore puts much more strain on revenue income which we greatly require. Unacceptable from a footballing perspective in not achieving targets.

And now a message from the chairman which includes the point that we don't budget beyond the first round we enter cup competitions. I'm quite astonished he's mentioned that after going out 2 cups in 1 season in the first hurdle to teams way down the pyramid. Almost as if it's acceptable.

3 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

And now a message from the chairman which includes the point that we don't budget beyond the first round we enter cup competitions. I'm quite astonished he's mentioned that after going out 2 cups in 1 season in the first hurdle to teams way down the pyramid. Almost as if it's acceptable.

Yeah, I actually thought the response was fairly decent until reading that. It's a fairly standard point, you don't budget for money you aren't guaranteed - no club does that, so mentioning it only makes it look like you're not EXPECTING to get past the round you enter.

To be fair, I've been following Clydebank with interest for a few years. They have a really good squad, and if I'm honest I never expected Clyde to beat them. Normally you have a jump in level between the divisions but the players that make up the majority of our squad are junior level at best. That's not a secret or anything, some were signed from the old junior level and others we signed after being released from clubs level with or lower than us in the pyramid. Then if you take into account the fact that Clydebank are currently riding the crest of a wave and clearly wanted it more than a toiling, negative Clyde side, the game was a recipe for disaster for us.

Good on the Bankies, they wanted it and deserved to beat us. We're a shambles of a club and a complete reset is required, similar when Danny came in. He steadied the ship, signed well in January and pushed us on. I don't know what manager available can do the same currently, but something needs to change.

*pls not Gary Bollan

Obviously I’m saying this out of anger and sheer frustration but given we are a part time club so I’d assume most of the players and staff have other income I’d be more impressed if the Chairman said that the squad and all the other match day hangers on had declined to accept wage this week other than expenses. 

I know I’m overreacting and being very simplistic here and don’t actually expect it to happen,  but I’m disgusted with the club and all those employed by it!

A pretty pathetic, nothing statement from the chairman. 

The performance and result were far, far worse than "not acceptable". Then adding comments like "we have to accept the result" as though anyone has tried to dispute it, 2-0 flattered us FFS.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

As an occasional observer and as someone who supports  Clyde as their second team I am saddened by the slow decline of this club. May I make the following observations?
a) there are two issues - one short term - stating  the bleeding obvious avoid relegation at all costs - league 2 is a graveyard and there are some well financed Lowland Clubs snapping at the heals.  
b) more critically longer term the structure and plan which seems form afar seriously lacking and has been for many a year. What does Clyde stand for and how will it grow? 
Looking to this season it’s seems broadly 50-50 if you stay up. It’s far from over and while the team is clearly well substandard esp ex DGW you have been grinding some results.
given how disastrous relegation would be in IMHO the Board need to throw the dice in the window.

Re Lennon I have always liked him. Very hard to judge whether he can  turn it round - much depends on the continuing team sprit -for what it’s worth I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt but what do I know?
More importantly is the long term however. Let’s   be optimistic and suggest you do survive, just. Longer term this great club needs vision. If you guys don’t know what it is why will any one else follow you?
Your home is critical. You made the move 30 odd years ago. Still to be talking about it is mad. Why would anyone from Cumbernauld support you if your not committed? If you go to another new town it’s year zero again and frankly it takes a generation or more to build allegiance- sadly very difficult. For my mind stay put.  Sure try and negotiate a better deal but there is no promised land around the corner.
Second if you do stay you need to make it clear that’s it and rebuild trust in Cumbernauld. Best way is a decent team I know but the club and the town need to become synonymous.
Third the structure may have saved the club a while back but you should either ensure the current clique who run the club are properly accountable and not just co-opted as part of some inner magic circle or you seek external capital.
If it’s the former you probably have to accept that League One is as good as it gets perhaps with  the very occasional foray into the championship. A gate of 600 without external cash implies broadly the clubs current ranking but there is the latent potential to do much better.
It does seem to me however that Clyde probably have the greatest potential (outside perhaps Dundee and Dunfermline) against where they currently are but without for  once and for all getting the structure and home right the danger is it becomes a ‘legacy’ ageing  support not attracting the next generation.
Good luck but to my mind the problem is more the Board (and that issue probably pre dates the current lot of whom I have no view), not the manger?

I think it's crazy that we've been at Broadwood for 25+ years and we are still at square one in terms of making it our home. The club does absolutely nothing in the local community to attract any new fans. Instead we've wasted so much time, effort and money looking at other locations. None of which have even come close to actually happening.

Lennon should have been sacked by now but it looks like he'll remain in charge for Peterheads win on saturday 

Peterhead’s away record is dire this season, they’ve won most of their points at Balmoor. At the very least we need to see a big reaction to last Saturdays horror show and a win against Peterhead.

Even that will be papering of the cracks but will at least keep us in the hunt until January. Anything less than a win and it really must be time up.

32 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'd rather Danny is on the touchline on Saturday rather than a caretaker. It's too important a game.

I'd want Danny Lennon to take over this squad if someone else had assembled it.

All things considered, I'd still prefer him to win on Saturday, get to January, and pull off a miracle in the transfer market. 

Not convinced that will happen unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, David W said:

I'd want Danny Lennon to take over this squad if someone else had assembled it.

All things considered, I'd still prefer him to win on Saturday, get to January, and pull off a miracle in the transfer market. 

Not convinced that will happen unfortunately. 

Danny cannot be trusted with the January window. 

21 minutes ago, Mamtora said:

An interesting comment. Let Graham Diamond deal with the January window. The sensible option.

He can’t be either. But in the words of the man him self “the buck stops with Danny Lennon” 

his signings since even before useless diamond and five heed Celtic fanboy corr joined. 

47 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Was having a look at the site for buying a ticket for Saturday it mentions there is no parking available art Broadwood has something changed since i was last down as have never had any bother in the past?

The away car park is always open, It was fine against east fife at our last Home game. Unless they have changed it without telling us.

Edited by Jack Phillips