Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

15 minutes ago, DGW9 said:

We haven't progressed since we were promoted that's enough time to Judge we have just got steadily worse time to bite the bullet now and hopefully salvage what we can we are heading for relegation anyway so may as well try and do something

Yeah have said that as well before.

Each season since promotion we have got worse year on year.

Last season we just missed the playoffs with a goal with 10-15 minutes to go in the last game.

The quality of signings it was clear to see wasnt good enough from early on compared to what we lost last year so only logical conclusion is that we would be worse this year which we are.

However, there has been a steep drop off in performances this year that was evident from basically the cup games at the start of the season.  The game v Stranraer and v EK Thistle effectively showed me we were going to seriously struggle this year then the first game of the season v Dumbarton just confirmed things.

We have got lucky in a few games (v Montrose away) together with DGW bailing us out in a few games (v Alloa, Cove and QP at home) with some wonder goals but we stilll havent played well in any game at all this season.

21 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Docherty coming out the blue to start today is buck wild. A manager completely throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

As said before it seems that DL just writes the players names on a piece of paper, tosses them up and see who comes down.

Docherty been no where near the squad for ages but comes in and starts today.  But to be fair to Docherty today I thought he actually done ok.

10 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

We were told on Tuesday that he knows when his time is up and he’ll go. I’ll put a fairly large sum down that we’ll limp on to a doing from Clydebank and that’ll be curtains there.

Peachy.

No sure that will be the end. The new chairman is a big fan o the manager.

Hes got a contract so if they were to pump him they need to pay him up. A new manager will want money for Janiary. We are skint according to everyone apart from an ex chairman who I hear said the directors canny believe whats in the bank.

24 minutes ago, DGW9 said:

That post match interview is interesting

We'll be ok as the ffort was better. Falkirk were crap apparently but took 3 off us.

Wisnae there but hearing Jones should not be allowed near the starting team again, Docherty done well and Paige was good.

Munroe needs hunting and Mortimer oan fur Munroe in last few minutes seemed a starnge choice.

Something needs doing. Anither forum to tell us how good the fitness coach and PJ are at there jobs?

last four games and no goals scored from open play and 13 let in. Apply this to remaining games and we are gone. Straigt gone. No playoffs.

By the way where wus Balatoni and Love? Same squad said the preview.....well it wasnt

We'll be ok as the ffort was better. Falkirk were crap apparently but took 3 off us.
Wisnae there but hearing Jones should not be allowed near the starting team again, Docherty done well and Paige was good.
Munroe needs hunting and Mortimer oan fur Munroe in last few minutes seemed a starnge choice.
Something needs doing. Anither forum to tell us how good the fitness coach and PJ are at there jobs?
last four games and no goals scored from open play and 13 let in. Apply this to remaining games and we are gone. Straigt gone. No playoffs.

By the way where wus Balatoni and Love? Same squad said the preview.....well it wasnt

Love was injured, as for balatoni as long as it’s far away from the first 11 then who cares.

2 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Fucking joke that. Eating my own words here but I though Docherty actually played quite well along with Page. We’re fucked FULLSTOP

I agree. Ironically the defence looked ok. To me it was when the midfield tried to help out it went wrong. I'd have said Docherty, Page and Elsdon were top 3.

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:
1 hour ago, DGW9 said:
That post match interview is interesting

Delusional

I thought for the best part of the first half Falkirk didn't get much of a sniff of goal so in terms of execution of the game plan he's probably right. Up until right before HT.

Even if by some miracle we are not marooned at the bottom by January how can we trust Lennon to recruit what is required?

We are not talking a couple of players to fix this, we very near need a full team. The squad we have assembled is miles away from what is needed at this level, how could so many of us see that even in the summer yet none of our recruitment team could. How hard did they expect these turds could be polished?

24 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Even if by some miracle we are not marooned at the bottom by January how can we trust Lennon to recruit what is required?

We are not talking a couple of players to fix this, we very near need a full team. The squad we have assembled is miles away from what is needed at this level, how could so many of us see that even in the summer yet none of our recruitment team could. How hard did they expect these turds could be polished?

I understood that, although Danny Lennon has the last say in who gets a contract, players for consideration were to be sourced by the Head of Football Operations and his Head of Recruitment. Perhaps it is them you cannot "trust"? Or am I mistaken? In either case, who's doing the recruitment?

34 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

At least 4 maybe 5. And Im no sure the reserve goalie wouldnt be an improvement on Parry. A Right back, an attacking mod, a striker and a winger and a centre back. BUt will the board allow this? Are they happy to have us in league 2 with the odd shot at playoffs? Disnae look like they want to go up from League 1 and we are struggling year on year at this level with the monet available.

6 minutes ago, Mamtora said:

I understood that, although Danny Lennon has the last say in who gets a contract, players for consideration were to be sourced by the Head of Football Operations and his Head of Recruitment. Perhaps it is them you cannot "trust"? Or am I mistaken? In either case, who's doing the recruitment?

Who knows...Diamond not too keen on talking about his inoput according to people at the meetin oan tuesday

At least 4 maybe 5. And Im no sure the reserve goalie wouldnt be an improvement on Parry. A Right back, an attacking mod, a striker and a winger and a centre back. BUt will the board allow this? Are they happy to have us in league 2 with the odd shot at playoffs? Disnae look like they want to go up from League 1 and we are struggling year on year at this level with the monet available.

There is a very real danger we will not stay in League 2, with league sizes of 10 there is not much of a ‘safety zone’ and the quality improves year on year with new clubs coming in. We need to show ambition or we will be left behind, simple as that. It’s not unrealistic for us to be a solid league one club, but we are nowhere near it with recruitment over the last couple of years.

Ultimately, we were told that Lennon has the final say on transfers and that the buck lies with him so he has to take the blame for this as much as anyone.

I agree that the ‘recruitment team’ has been a failure so far - and it’s an experiment that I would be bringing to an end - but Lennon’s record in bringing players in has been very poor over various seasons.

The whole coaching and backroom staff needs an overhaul IMO and whether the new chairman likes him and had a role in bringing Lennon in the first place is irrelevant, we are in free fall and it’s the role of a leader to take the necessary steps to take the club forward.

It’s part of a wider malaise throughout the club that has been there since the start of the season and it’s only ending one way - relegation back to L2 and then a helluva job competing with the former Juniors and well-backed operations to fight our way back up here.

I apologise for seeming fatalistic and I know Clyde fans have a reputation for the dramatic, but we’re all just going through the motions now and it’s not good enough.

8 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

There is a very real danger we will not stay in League 2, with league sizes of 10 there is not much of a ‘safety zone’ and the quality improves year on year with new clubs coming in. We need to show ambition or we will be left behind, simple as that. It’s not unrealistic for us to be a solid league one club, but we are nowhere near it with recruitment over the last couple of years.

Agree. We could be heading through the trap door very easily 

9 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Ultimately, we were told that Lennon has the final say on transfers and that the buck lies with him so he has to take the blame for this as much as anyone.

I agree that the ‘recruitment team’ has been a failure so far - and it’s an experiment that I would be bringing to an end - but Lennon’s record in bringing players in has been very poor over various seasons.

The whole coaching and backroom staff needs an overhaul IMO and whether the new chairman likes him and had a role in bringing Lennon in the first place is irrelevant, we are in free fall and it’s the role of a leader to take the necessary steps to take the club forward.

It’s part of a wider malaise throughout the club that has been there since the start of the season and it’s only ending one way - relegation back to L2 and then a helluva job competing with the former Juniors and well-backed operations to fight our way back up here.

I apologise for seeming fatalistic and I know Clyde fans have a reputation for the dramatic, but we’re all just going through the motions now and it’s not good enough.

Your spot on. No being dramatic- realistic more like. But who said the recruitment set up was a experiment? 
I think the board think it’s the way to go and I suppose it puts space between them and the performance on the pitch

but diamond apparently doesn’t want tae offer any kind of assurance  when given the chance on tuesday

its Not looking good not looking good at all

and with the club having no money where does this finish?

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23