Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

16 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Mind they have 2. Are you thinking of the right back? He's a Montrose player (and a bloody good one at that that I'd take in a heartbeat) but the loanee from St Johnstone is a midfielder I'm sure.

Yeah Cammy F Ballantyne is a CM for us.

He'll probably get a chance to impress pre-season but suspect we'll then try and loan him to the Championship. Already done 2 seasons at this level with Montrose so would be surprised if he has a third.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Mind they have 2. Are you thinking of the right back? He's a Montrose player (and a bloody good one at that that I'd take in a heartbeat) but the loanee from St Johnstone is a midfielder I'm sure.

Aye the midfielder from St. Johnstone is the one I mean. Looks a player.

Guest andyp1301
27 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

I see teams are signing players before the playoffs have finished. What's the chances of us announcing anyone before the middle of June?

That's the unbridled optimism that keeps us all going....:))))

Guest andyp1301
6 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

If only we could marry the transfer activity of Barry Ferguson to the coaching of Danny Lennon. Strong, proactive recruitment doesn't really seem to be our thing these days, sadly.

I would be almost convinced we would have been in for Grant - especially as it transpires the biggest perceived barrier, full time football is not an issue. He's dropped himself back to the basement league...lives in Dunblane - must fancy walking to work.......a very strange turn of events....especially if he turned us down after the way he was revered by our fans.

It's hard to get fully annoyed about this until we know who we're signing. Stirling brought in a number of players last summer who would have been an improvement on our team, so they're definitely throwing a bit extra cash about.

Either way, it certainly piles extra pressure and expectation onto a lot of people though.

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

If only we could marry the transfer activity of Barry Ferguson to the coaching of Danny Lennon. Strong, proactive recruitment doesn't really seem to be our thing these days, sadly.

However did Barry manage it?

During the roughly 2-year spell throughout which we racked up £170k of debt, our recruitment in general wasn't really particularly proactive in the way that Ferguson's was. The fact that the club (and presumably Danny too) felt it necessary to appoint a recruitment team kind of points to the conclusion that he ain't so hot when it comes to identifying players or getting them in the door. That and his past signing record, of course. Money is obviously a factor, but I don't think it is the only one. We've heard nothing about our recruitment team in yonks, so hopefully that's because they've been scouring the leagues for plenty of new and exciting additions!

Guest andyp1301
1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:
21 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

During the roughly 2-year spell throughout which we racked up £170k of debt, our recruitment in general wasn't really particularly proactive in the way that Ferguson's was. The fact that the club (and presumably Danny too) felt it necessary to appoint a recruitment team kind of points to the conclusion that he ain't so hot when it comes to identifying players or getting them in the door. That and his past signing record, of course. Money is obviously a factor, but I don't think it is the only one. We've heard nothing about our recruitment team in yonks, so hopefully that's because they've been scouring the leagues for plenty of new and exciting additions!

You think Danny was actively involved in putting a recruitment team in place? Doubtful. And the racking up of debts? I think you need an accountant to explain that one to you, and it's not down to recruitment that is for sure.

• the_bully_wee changed the title to Clyde FC; Season 2022-23