Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Deciding who to keep is a decision that really has to be made without emotion - though the emotion can be expressed once the said decisions have been made!

It really is cruelly simple:  For every player out of contract ask yourself whether any other team in your division would be likely to offer him terms.  If the answer is "no" then there is no justification in retaining his services.  Talk of keeping such players as "back up" simply doesn't wash: if they are not first team standard then they can't be in the first team squad.  We don't have the resources to carry passengers and everyone retained must be there for what they can do (and not for what they once did!).

2 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

GOODIE ❤️😍

Fair play, that was a cracking listen. Sounds like he'd be happy selling the programmes if it keeps him at Clyde.

In other news, Jack Thomson has jetted off to Orange County for a loan spell from Rangers. The lack of actual game time for someone of his age is staggering, especially when he's clearly got a bit of ability.

Yes, a good listen. David obviously thinks very highly of the club and he clearly has matured an awful lot from his younger days. From what I have heard, he has always been very approachable and polite to fans of all ages.

Thanks to all of the team involved with the podcast. It has been a good listen during a season where I’ve generally felt pretty detached from all things football.

Guest andyp1301
7 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Yes, a good listen. David obviously thinks very highly of the club and he clearly has matured an awful lot from his younger days. From what I have heard, he has always been very approachable and polite to fans of all ages.

Thanks to all of the team involved with the podcast. It has been a good listen during a season where I’ve generally felt pretty detached from all things football.

He was very open, very honest and full of good stories. A good insight into his personality.......here's hoping we have all "matured an awful lot from our younger days".

DGW podcast good listen and brought up a fair point about even taking a draw in games..

Looking at the table. Montrose got into the Play offs winning only 1 more game than us & thistle 3 ahead of us with both of these teams picking up plenty of singular points..

Not for a minute would i like us to play for boring draws, however 2 draws from 22 games and the worst GA in the league would suggest we defo need to tighten things up next season in a much harder league to date

It was a really good listen. Interesting to hear a proper player and the mentality they possess, talking about game intelligence and how he likes the game to be played. He just knows during a game that he will score.
The stats they gave out at the start of the show were frightening. Although he said “don’t care about assists, just goals” 😂

Certainly pretty humble especially considering the level he was at / should be at and loves the club. Suppose he is really grateful for his opportunity to play again.

Love the fact he admits to being such a moaner on the park that’s what every player should be. Then again I do like a good moan!

Guest andyp1301
16 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

It was a really good listen. Interesting to hear a proper player and the mentality they possess, talking about game intelligence and how he likes the game to be played. He just knows during a game that he will score.
The stats they gave out at the start of the show were frightening. Although he said “don’t care about assists, just goals” 😂

Certainly pretty humble especially considering the level he was at / should be at and loves the club. Suppose he is really grateful for his opportunity to play again.

Love the fact he admits to being such a moaner on the park that’s what every player should be. Then again I do like a good moan!

You hide it so well Freddy :)))))

24 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

You hide it so well Freddy :)))))

32 years of marriage, 2 boys and supporting this mob for 50 odd years it’s a wonder I show my face outside the house.
And Don’t get me started on my work! 😂😂

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Cammy Ballantyne away back to St. Johnstone after his loan spell at Montrose has ended. I’d take him at Broadwood on loan next season.

Mind they have 2. Are you thinking of the right back? He's a Montrose player (and a bloody good one at that that I'd take in a heartbeat) but the loanee from St Johnstone is a midfielder I'm sure.

16 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Mind they have 2. Are you thinking of the right back? He's a Montrose player (and a bloody good one at that that I'd take in a heartbeat) but the loanee from St Johnstone is a midfielder I'm sure.

Yeah Cammy F Ballantyne is a CM for us.

He'll probably get a chance to impress pre-season but suspect we'll then try and loan him to the Championship. Already done 2 seasons at this level with Montrose so would be surprised if he has a third.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Aye the midfielder from St. Johnstone is the one I mean. Looks a player.

I see teams are signing players before the playoffs have finished. What's the chances of us announcing anyone before the middle of June?

Guest andyp1301
27 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

I see teams are signing players before the playoffs have finished. What's the chances of us announcing anyone before the middle of June?

That's the unbridled optimism that keeps us all going....:))))