Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Is Duffy in charge of finding a new manager? 

To add to what VT has said, the year he ended up with about 6 bodies from the exit trials we lost the likes of Calum Gallagher to Airdrie when he wanted to stay and Duffy low balled him on his offer (along with the rest of the squad). When he took over from Aitken I was told he thought the entire squad was overpaid. I suspect its not a case of him being lazy, more that he can't bring himself to pay more than he thinks he should, even if that's the market he needs to operate in. He looks for sweetcorn in a pile of shite and usually ends up with very little corn and his hands all covered in shite. 

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

When he took over from Aitken I was told he thought the entire squad was overpaid.

Apparently he thought this when taking over us this time round too, although with some of the figures I've heard going about he's not wrong!

With today officially being the final day of players contracts (who are out of contract this year) I'm thinking/hoping there will movement of some sort this week. 

Edited by CM.

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

"The Director of Football will have delegated authority to oversee the whole operation of the football department"

... is the quote from the statement. To me that says, for better or worse, that Duffy will be in charge of hiring the new Head Coach. At least Duffy has football-based experience, so in theory he should be able to make a better decision than the board. However, his recruitment has been generally terrible for most of his days, so lord knows what kind of head coach he'll be going for.

2 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

St Caddocs have signed Bob Mchugh. He’s someone I would have hoped we were at least talking to and I hoped we would have signed in the end 

Having seen him a couple of times last season I’m not shocked he is heading down another level rather than up.

St Cadocs seem to be signing the majority of last seasons EK team. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

St cadocs are the latest team to be backed, also signed Ronan Hughes who came through accies and had Chris Erskine last season.  

As far as I know Ronan Sweeney is still on their books, who came through at Clyde the season we had Richard Fox as our YT gaffer.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

As far as I know Ronan Sweeney is still on their books, who came through at Clyde the season we had Richard Fox as our YT gaffer.

Rob Jones also but not sure for how long. They have appointed Martin Fellowes who was the interim manager at EK this season. He has basically released and transfer listed their whole team that just got promoted in order to bring in a ton of his own guys, mostly ex EK.

From what iv seen of St Cadocs this season their LB is a bit of a player Ryan Lockie and they have just transfer listed him. Doubt we would spend the money required but could be a useful player in league 2 but these things are hard to judge

Edited by Ocelot1877

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

To add to what VT has said, the year he ended up with about 6 bodies from the exit trials we lost the likes of Calum Gallagher to Airdrie when he wanted to stay and Duffy low balled him on his offer (along with the rest of the squad). When he took over from Aitken I was told he thought the entire squad was overpaid. I suspect its not a case of him being lazy, more that he can't bring himself to pay more than he thinks he should, even if that's the market he needs to operate in. He looks for sweetcorn in a pile of shite and usually ends up with very little corn and his hands all covered in shite. 

Explains his appeal to the Clyde board

5 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Rob Jones also but not sure for how long. They have appointed Martin Fellowes who was the interim manager at EK this season. He has basically released and transfer listed their whole team that just got promoted in order to bring in a ton of his own guys, mostly ex EK.

From what iv seen of St Cadocs this season their LB is a bit of a player Ryan Lockie and they have just transfer listed him. Doubt we would spend the money required but could be a useful player in league 2 but these things are hard to judge

Lockie was touted for big things when he was at camelon and his form dipped once livingston interest in him cooled. Not sure if he's regained thr form he had but he was good centre half,even though he was small, with the right partner

Potentially very decent keeper.

Although when he arrived he had some games but looked pretty dodgy, then had bad hamstring injury and was out for weeks. 
However…. On his return he looked different keeper, very confident, mobile (although in comparison to Parry that’s wasn’t hard) and played very well. 
He was one of only 2-3 players our supporters would have wanted to stay after this seasons car crash.

Yep I was hoping we could keep hold of him but if a player has ambitions to go back full time then we have no chance of keeping them. Falkirk would be a decent move for him, wonder if he'll go in as first choice or backup to someone else.