Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Just now, haufdaft said:

Maybe I'm being naive but I'd suggest more than you probably think.

Clyde are, after all, a SPFL club with a much higher profile and prestige than any club from the leagues below.

I think most Lowland or WoSL coaches would at least be interested if asked. Add to that there's plenty of jobless experienced managers looking to get back into the game.

Can you name some of them?

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How many of those do you think are lining up a move to Clyde in League 2 on a shit budget? 

This is the thing.

We're looking for a very different type of coach now than if we had canned Lennon at the end of last season rather than giving him a new deal.

Brian McLean is coming to the end of his playing career and wants to move into coaching. We're not even looking for a manger, we're looking for a head coach to work under Jim Duffy. I don't want it to be McLean, but appointing him makes sense in this model. I can't imagine an experienced manager will want to come to a L2 club to essentially work as a number 2.

On 20/05/2023 at 20:42, shawfield shed boy said:

Never really got some posters happiness for other clubs demise..

Personally i.d rather have Albion rovers. Berwick. Shire over some Caley, Livi or the latest new league team that play on an astro with a fence around pitch with no support or support that dont look as if theyve just walked out of murrayfield in brown cords, square chins and masters of the lidl middle aisle..

Several instutions of scottish football slowly leaving us. Leagues of B teams appearing and general nonsence, not healthy but...

Yeah my lot been homeless since 1985 and one day it might/will prob catch up with us i dont disagree but we turn heads and will always be an instution..

Now toddle along and thank you for reading this whilst you look in the mirror tryin to find your cock behind your oversized gut for your age or take a wee look at your burd whos probably more interested in your even uglier looking pal and what hes doin than some wet wipe...

We might be relegated but we aint you..

Happy weekend girls

SSB👍

Fuckn Magic - Fck Them All

Come Away The Clyde !!!

18 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Nope but that's not my job.

Is it better to limit your search to current employees?

Well you said there was experienced coaches available and in the leagues below, I just wondered who you were talking about. Teams in league 2 who don't have a big budget are all pretty much dealing in the same pool of mediocre to shite jobbers or new guys who dont have any track record. I have no idea if McLean is a suitable candidate for you but unless you're appointing a Duffy, Lennon or Brian Reid then it's someone like McLean you're likely looking at. 

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I don't understand why McLean is being suggested.

He's done a little coaching at the club this season. Is that really enough to get the Clyde position? Do we even know if his coaching was of high quality? Am I missing something?

I'd rather have an experienced head coach who has regularly put a team onto a park and had them performing at a level exceeding expectation. 

Limiting our candidates,as both director of football and head coach, to existing staff from a failed team doesn't strike me as a winning combination for the future.

Precisely

23 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Nope but that's not my job.

Is it better to limit your search to current employees?

This is the point- the Board are absolving all football responsibility and giving it to Duffy. He brought McLean in did he not? He worked with him at previous clubs. He gave him the coaching role at Clyde. It’s not difficult to see a pattern here.

24 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

This is the point- the Board are absolving all football responsibility and giving it to Duffy. He brought McLean in did he not? He worked with him at previous clubs. He gave him the coaching role at Clyde. It’s not difficult to see a pattern here.

Lennon signed McLean.

10 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Is player/manager such a new concept? 

Obviously not, but if we were offering him the managers job do you think we’d announce that he’d been offered terms as a player as well? 

21 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Gregor Buchanan is leaving Dumbarton. I would like to think we're taking a look at that.

I always thought he'd played under Duffy but he signed for both Morton and Dumbarton just after Duffy left.

Signed for Stenny