Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

24 minutes ago, David W said:

I hope Danny Lennon is having an absolutely stinking evening.

He's probably too busy trying to use his pay-off money to build castaway youth coaching island to take notice, unfortunately.

ETA: as always for me, in terms of who we retain and let go it should all come down to what kind of money each individual is on and whether they would accept money commensurate with their role in the squad next season, whether that be a similar one to now or reduced. For instance, I would happily see McDonald and Cameron retained if they were on amateur contracts and deployed as cones in training.

Edited by the_bully_wee

Keep:

Mullen

McLean

Roberts

Ray Grant

Salkeld

Scullion

Realistically, Roberts and Salkeld will be off though. Wouldn’t rule out Salkeld appearing at Annan should he wish to continue playing in Scotland tbh.

Maybe:

Sula (Decent enough but makes mistakes - see Annan’s winner tonight).

Duthie (I don’t think he’s fully fit yet and given the nature of what happened, I’d be inclined to give him an opportunity to get his full fitness/confidence back).

Cuddihy (very solid player but struggled for fitness over the past couple of seasons).

I’d maybe keep an eye on what’s happening with Craig next year. Not brilliant but could be passable in League Two.

Here anyway:

Hynes

Rennie

Doherty

Punt:

Literally everyone else (management and recruitment team included)

Edited by Scott-Replay

12 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I realise you’re not endorsing him. It was a genuine question. If Duffy does leave, as I hope he does…. I think rather than just promoting the Asst manager, applications should be sought.

Or just tell us that was the fkn plan all along, that's a decent record so could be worth a gamble? But did he walk into an established team and maintain it, or do a rebuild

I could be convinced 

So, did the Rennie fan club enjoy that performance tonight from him? He is a luxury player who needs actual grafters and triers to do all the dirty work and put in the effort so he can be "in the right place to tap it into the net". A big lump of a lad who make a token gesture to jump beside a centre half with no intention of actually winning the ball. Frustrating as f**k. The one player who looked like he really gave a f**k tonight ended up with his foot facing the wrong way. I really hope that is not a career ending injury for Quitongo. Terrible thing to happen to anyone. 

Edited by bhoonaman

22 minutes ago, bhoonaman said:

So, did the Rennie fan club enjoy that performance tonight from him? He is a luxury player who needs actual grafters and triers to do all the dirty work and put in the effort so he can be "in the right place to tap it into the net". A big lump of a lad who make a token gesture to jump beside a centre half with no intention of actually winning the ball. Frustrating as f**k. The one player who looked like he really gave a f**k tonight ended up with his foot facing the wrong way. I really hope that is not a career ending injury for Quitongo. Terrible thing to happen to anyone. 

Rennie = heidless chicken 

Agreed re Quitongo: why has he been so far away from 1st team action for the last several weeks?

With such a threadbare bench, why did we not at least strip Salkeld, Doherty and Cunningham? 

Duffy and Swift to go immediately please. I fear the board will keep Swift just to save them having to make an actual footballing decision.

On the players...

Keep:

Mullen - not quite as good as some are making out and will likely have a shaky spell at some point next season but he's more than earned his chance.

Salkeld - Can't see him staying though.

Sula - I don't fancy us replacing an entire defence in one summer so someone has to stay. Sula has potential but it's a shame he's actually a 27 year old who still plays like an inexperienced 19 year old.

Ray Grant - Been a good player previously and the fact he didn't exactly hit it off at Alloa or Stirling, plus his injury, should make him easier to keep a hold of.

Maybe:

Roberts - Hit good form for a while but ultimately has very little end product. Maybe shining at League 2 level would actually suit him better than being not bad at League 1 but he'll probably look for better options.

Scullion - If he's dirt cheap.

Thanks but no thanks:

Cuddihy - Hasn't played consistently well since we got promoted and his injuries just seem to increase year on year. Maybe years of running constantly for the full 90 minutes in every single game has just caught up with him.

McLean - Shown some flashes of his former talents but not enough and pretty poor as a leader considering his lengthy experience. 

Duthie - Has undoubted talent but unfortunately lacking the heart or commitment to match (maybe harsh and I'd happily be proven wrong).

Loanees:

McGeever - Contracted with Dumbarton  next year but if for some stupid reason they wanted rid, I'd take him permanently and hope he stays fit.

Goodbye:

Everyone else (including those contracted ideally).

Edited by Jaggy Snake

55 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Keep:

Mullen

McLean

Roberts

Ray Grant

Salkeld

Scullion

Realistically, Roberts and Salkeld will be off though. Wouldn’t rule out Salkeld appearing at Annan should he wish to continue playing in Scotland tbh.

Maybe:

Sula (Decent enough but makes mistakes - see Annan’s winner tonight).

Duthie (I don’t think he’s fully fit yet and given the nature of what happened, I’d be inclined to give him an opportunity to get his full fitness/confidence back).

Cuddihy (very solid player but struggled for fitness over the past couple of seasons).

I’d maybe keep an eye on what’s happening with Craig next year. Not brilliant but could be passable in League Two.

Here anyway:

Hynes

Rennie

Doherty

Punt:

Literally everyone else (management and recruitment team included)

Are you saying the only players on 2 year deals were the ones brought in by Duff in the Jan window?

Ray Grant could be out well into next season which is I never mentioned him when I said I'd only keep Roberts, Mullen and Salkeld. Even from they 3 it looks like only Mullen we'll have a slight chance of keeping. I do like Grant but are we wanting to use a wage up on someone who could only play part of the season and might even take months to get back up to speed again?

I thought Scullion was our only player who tried to make things happen tonight even if his final ball was frustrating at times. Had the beating of his man on a number of occasions and has a bit of aggression about him that our other inexperienced players don't have. I suppose it's always handy to have a player who's capable of the former as they've been few and far between so I would maybe offer him something.

Edited by CM.

7 hours ago, haufdaft said:

f**k Graham Diamond

f**k Danny Lennon

f**k Jim Duffy

1. Who appointed him, allowed him to resign as a director within weeks to take up a made up title salaried role, defended him when the players used to laugh at his antics on training nights, boasted about his fantastic scouting network and didn’t get rid when he was obviously utterly useless?

2. Who extended his contract after 2 close seasons of dreadful recruitment and week after week of post match ramblings that made no sense whatsoever? 

3. who offered him the job? 

These are the people who have failed the club we love. 

and year after year after year they get voted back in. 

5 hours ago, No Jags Please said:

Or just tell us that was the fkn plan all along, that's a decent record so could be worth a gamble? But did he walk into an established team and maintain it, or do a rebuild

I could be convinced 

The most transparent Club in Scotland according to one of the Directors! Still waiting for our new Vice Chair to be announced officially, still awaiting official news on Diamond and Corr who have been removed weeks ago from the Club Directory, an explanation as to why our commercial manager last only a few weeks would have been interesting or deny or confirm the rumours that Craig Rodger of Homesbook is not continuing as a sponsor.

On 03/05/2023 at 11:00, Ocelot1877 said:

Clyde left Shawfield nearly 38 years ago. There are a nearly 2 whole generations of Clyde fans who have never seen the team play there.

Move on man 😂

Are the majority of Clyde fans still from Glasgow?

Have memories of visiting Shawfield as a nipper.

Moses found a new homeland quicker.

Obvious statement incoming: the club need to find a base or the future is?

Is Crownpoint going to happen or are Finnart Star going to gazump you.

All the best in L2, but if you don't get sorted over Summer the dreaded play-off is a reality.

My thoughts…

Squad this season clearly not good enough, hence half of them getting shipped out with others brought in.

Lennon shouldn’t have been given that additional 2 yr contract.

Been skirting the bottom of the league since we got promoted…not enjoyable one bit and no lessons learned.

Duffy tried, but had to wait till January to make real changes with what little money was left…so largely financial. 
is the Chairmen, who is undoubtedly a fan, got the best skills for the job within a really challenging financial situation…would  be good to see someone else who might want to give it a go and get the place going again but no one out there apparently?

Dropping into the Lowland league is a real possibility, and avoiding this should be the mantra for the Club.

Football is indeed a funny old game and we could be sitting here next season promoted again !!! It’s the hope that kills you.