Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

10 hours ago, Bob731 said:

Clyde chairman a couple of weeks ago that Danny was given a very competitive budget at the start of the season. He clearly spaffed most of it up agains the wall and most have been shipped out now. He shouldnt have been given another contract last year for this season.

I'd like him pressed on that as Ive heard it a couple of times. What is a competitive budget? Is it simply competitive against ourselves?

You can immediately rule out the idea that it's competitive relative to Dunfermline, Falkirk, QotS. 

Alloa, Airdrie (mostly FT), Montrose, Kelty all larger; historically and also indicated by squad quality and/or depth.

Edinburgh no idea but again their signings suggest a bit of cash there.

Can't disagree that we made poor signings and that Lennon is to blame for that but in our current state, we are never going to be anything other than a bottom 2/3 team in this division.

5 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

You'll get a frostie reception from our fruit and nut job of a poster. He''ll probably suggest we sign for next season the boys Kellog, Jordans, Quaker and Alpen as a tasty midfield quartet!!.... to the chants of Cheerios Cheerios 

Amaizeing post, quite amuesling. 

34 minutes ago, 150andcounting said:

Thinking of buying the home top in XL or XXL. Are they tight fit for XL or a comfort fit? XXL is really big in Adidas not sure about Puma. Thanks in advance.

I find that the tops are pretty ‘form-fitting’, I’d recommend buying a size up from your usual size.

22 hours ago, David W said:

I'd like him pressed on that as Ive heard it a couple of times. What is a competitive budget? Is it simply competitive against ourselves?

You can immediately rule out the idea that it's competitive relative to Dunfermline, Falkirk, QotS. 

Alloa, Airdrie (mostly FT), Montrose, Kelty all larger; historically and also indicated by squad quality and/or depth.

Edinburgh no idea but again their signings suggest a bit of cash there.

Can't disagree that we made poor signings and that Lennon is to blame for that but in our current state, we are never going to be anything other than a bottom 2/3 team in this division.

Don't know what the budget was but have heard from a few different sources about the salary some individuals are on and like you say about Lennon, it could've been far, far better used.

Edited by CM.

2 hours ago, CM. said:

Don't know what the budget was but have heard from a few different sources about the salary some individuals are on and like you say about Lennon, it could've been far, far better used.

100%. Obviously it’s only speculation, but I’m sure we’ve all heard the stories at this point. 

The problem, in my opinion, isn’t the lack of budget though. It was the utilisation of what we had. Look at the start of this season. We signed Rodden and Hendji (albeit probably on small wages and no wages in Hendji’s case) and ended up playing PK at left back and then signing both Jon Craig on loan in a panic because the aforementioned two were rotten and Rico Quitongo came in on loan too. Two loan slots taken up with left backs after signing two in the summer after playing a midfielder there. That’s criminal squad building. Worse managers than Danny Lennon have built far superior squads with smaller budgets. 

Edited by Brian Carrigan

8 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

100%. Obviously it’s only speculation, but I’m sure we’ve all heard the stories at this point. 

The problem, in my opinion, isn’t the lack of budget though. It was the utilisation of what we had. Look at the start of this season. We signed Rodden and Hendji (albeit probably on small wages and no wages in Hendji’s case) and ended up playing PK at left back and then signing both Jon Craig on loan in a panic because the aforementioned two were rotten and Rico Quitongo came in on loan too. Two loan slots taken up with left backs after signing two in the summer after playing a midfielder there. That’s criminal squad building. Worse managers than Danny Lennon have built far superior squads with smaller budgets. 

If you’re going like for like then surely Edinburgh must be close, but spent better. And this game is pish too.

1 minute ago, bullyweehutch said:

This whole club needs emptied from top to bottom but I fear it's too late to save this club from the abyss now

It's alright mate everything is fine. We will wait 3 days and then try and sell our fans a retro shirt to fleece them even more whilst ignoring the fact the club is in a spiral dive to the grave.

28 minutes ago, Miguel Ángel Espínola said:

Appointing Duffy was one of many baffling decisions made at board level 

He really was. This mess is undeniably Lennon's fault but Duffy was an appointment noone wanted, so the minute we got a poor result the daggers were going to be out.

He's made absolutely no difference. 1 win in 16 league games. He previously had 1 win in 18 during his first spell. 

Fair play to him for making a career as a manager as he's an absolute imposter.

12 hours ago, David W said:

He really was. This mess is undeniably Lennon's fault but Duffy was an appointment noone wanted, so the minute we got a poor result the daggers were going to be out.

He's made absolutely no difference. 1 win in 16 league games. He previously had 1 win in 18 during his first spell. 

Fair play to him for making a career as a manager as he's an absolute imposter.

Yeah, you're always hoping for a "new manager bounce" so appointing someone that literally nobody had the slightest enthusiasm for was an insane choice. It would be like giving Liz Truss another chance as Prime Minister. 

We might as well sack him, we can't get a manager who has us in any worse form going into the playoffs, and there's a real danger of us not even qualifying if we persevere.

I actually thought you played quite well last night. We are in sizzling form at the right time and even though we where nowhere near our best last night our strikers are deadly if the chances fall. 

Peterhead will finish bottom they seem to have given up. And if you show some of the fight I seen last night you'll be ok in a playoff. Just teach Docherty not to celebrate an early equaliser like that against a team scoring for fun. It was always going to end badly for him. I agree maybe getting rid of Duffy would help as a new man with a getting the ball down and playing philosophy might get some joy out your squad as you have some tidy wee players ruined with long balls. 

🤫👀🫣😁

I admire the optimism of some fans who still think there is a chance of us getting through the play offs. Peterhead have two games in hand. All it takes is for Peterhead to draw any game and beat us at their home ground and we are finishing bottom. Quite a realistic scenario imo.  If we do make the playoff then it looks like it could be either Dumbarton or Stirling awaiting in the final, if we get through the first round. Looking at our squad not many would get into either of theirs on individual forms and I've seen nothing to suggest in a one off game the squad can get a result against any decent opposition. Probably the least competitive squad I can recall us having. Am I missing something?