Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Scullion cost us a win at Dunfermline and has literally punted two goals into his own net under no pressure (today and against Falkirk). 

I actually think he could do a job in L2 but he's been a huge disappointment at this level.

22 minutes ago, Miguel Ángel Espínola said:

Nice to see Scullions family abusing anyone who dares criticise their superstar another one who should never play again 

Mate, shut up. Imagine you were sitting watching your boy and some dafty starts shouting the odds at him. You’d bite, I’d bite. Can’t blame them. 

See my above point. It’s not his fault. He’s not at the standard required but he’s basically being hung out to dry because poor recruitment has led to him playing out of position in a level way higher than he’s capable of performing at. 

Scullion is not the overriding issue here. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Mate, shut up. Imagine you were sitting watching your boy and some dafty starts shouting the odds at him. You’d bite, I’d bite. Can’t blame them. 

See my above point. It’s not his fault. He’s not at the standard required but he’s basically being hung out to dry because poor recruitment has led to him playing out of position in a level way higher than he’s capable of performing at. 

Even amateurs know what way they are shooting guy is a liability 

36 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What you’ve said here is basically what’s been said on Twitter and his family and pals don’t want to hear it.

He’s been putting in outstanding performances and playing at a higher standard than most of the squad according to them. 🤣

If you're a relative of a footballer, particularly a poor one, and you cannot suffer hearing insults aimed at your beloved maybe you should just stay at home.

Supporters pay an entry fee to express their feelings, good or bad. 

Relatives of players probably get complimentary tickets.

Hence, they should sit down, brace themselves and shut their entitled mouths.

Edited by haufdaft

It a difficult one for the family of Scullion

They are obviously their to support him and will rightly take it personally at any personal comments directed at him

Unfortunately for them he is one of the worst ever players I have seen in a Clyde shirt and if comments from others are to be believed about his own goal it is an absolute classic that will be remembered for years to come - so it only natural he will be the target for abuse.

Personally if i was Duffy I would pull him aside and see if he just wanted his contract torn up and let him go his way

However Duffy may be intentionally playing him to say to the board “….look at the absolute s**** that I have to deal with

Not sure I've ever felt as ambivalent about a 2-0 win.

First sighting of Clyde this season and don't think it really matters who between you and Peterhead finish 9th, both teams are rank rotten and 99.9% going doon. Brutal.

3 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Not sure I've ever felt as ambivalent about a 2-0 win.

First sighting of Clyde this season and don't think it really matters who between you and Peterhead finish 9th, both teams are rank rotten and 99.9% going doon. Brutal.

Kind of what we have been saying about our team all season absolute shambles, unbelievable mess left by Danny Lennon and carried on by Jim Duffy.

Embarrassing and a disgraceful situation to be in!

Poor fayre largely today but Montrose got the job done. Only Scullion will know what he was trying to achieve when he passed the ball into his own net after five minutes, a ludicrous moment of absurd lower league comedy missing only a sad trombone.

Montrose are never comfortable just one goal to the good so it was a relief to see Dillon skiff home a glancing header from a near post corner midway through the half. The referee missed a clear handball in the box and there were several other close shaves. It could have been four or five at half time.

Second half was an afterthought, Montrose came close from corners on a few occasions. In fairness Duffy tired of watching his side’s pish and used a lot of subs to try and freshen things up with some effect. Matthews in the home goal caught and saved well on a couple of occasions under pressure.

Credit also to CJ, Paul Watson & Blair Lyons for good shifts.

The game deflated into a protracted exercise in futility in the last quarter, a low drone from an abandoned accordion. Clyde look like they’re trying to find something to hold onto from an absolute shuttlecrash of a season, but have forgotten why.

Oh well. Next.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

If you're a relative of a footballer, particularly a poor one, and you cannot suffer hearing insults aimed at your beloved maybe you should just stay at home.

Supporters pay an entry fee to express their feelings, good or bad. 

Relatives of players probably get complimentary tickets.

Hence, they should sit down, brace themselves and shut their entitled mouths.

Does shouting abuse at your own players really help them function at their optimum level, whatever that may be. No point in shouting at opposition players if it makes no difference!

Players dreadful, manager dreadful, boardroom dreadful and majority of fans past caring about it anymore. Take me back to opening day of the season QOTS away - we were onto of the world and f**k me how stupid were we in thinking we had a chance this season. f**k sake Clyde.

Managed to watch the Scullion OG earlier. what is the boy doing? Literally shoots it into our goal. Boys an absolutely abysmal player and should have the contract cancelled - not the first time he's made a very costly mistake.

Season after season of bad or lazy recruitment has firmly put us where we are just now and relegation is a certainity and lets be honest deserved even if we sneak a 9th place which will be more down to peterhead deciding our fate than on our own ....

Dont like to hear own players getting it from our own fans and espicially not a young lad who is playing at a level that is probably at least one division too high...

Star signings and no dount high wage earners like Thicot should have shown door immediately after Kelty game or when he was the only player who refused to come out dressing room Pre Dunfermline game for a picture with a very good clyde supporter for many years....

Lennon should have been sacked after clydebank game and a young manager should have been brought in to rebuild, hindsight ia a wonderful thing indeed but season after season of bad signings was not a one off bad result and only so long we can rely on an east fife, forfar,Dumbarton or peterhead being worse than us...

Edimburgh City and their 100 fans absolutely showing hows it done and how easy it is to succed this season in a league that really doesnt have a stand out a team(s) but weve managed to lose 23 of our last 24!!...

That aint Liam scullions fault or close

Edited by shawfield shed boy