Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Should do a job. Certainly a better pedigree than anything else we’ve had there although, Craig’s had a couple of decent games. We could desperately do with another midfielder  though (and that was before Roberts received his red card on Saturday).

ETA: Just realised the loan deadline closed at 5. There goes that idea, I suppose.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Who did Duffy sign at the start of his managerial career given that he hadn't managed anyone yet?

I think Quitongo has been poor any time I've seen him but the Dumbarton fans were reasonably positive if I remember correctly. He does probably fall into the profile of the type of player we could reasonably be signing.

And if it means Ross Lyon is a step further away from starting then that can only be positive.

24 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Should do a job. Certainly a better pedigree than anything else we’ve had there although, Craig’s had a couple of decent games. We could desperately do with another midfielder  though (and that was before Roberts received his red card on Saturday).

ETA: Just realised the loan deadline closed at 5. There goes that idea, I suppose.

Who said it closes at 5? It doesn't technically. It closes at midnight, though the offices close at 5pm so if you want to do a later deal you need to have warned the SFA in advance it's coming and they'll go look for it to process later.

If he's allowed to he'll certainly try and get forward, can't criticise him on that front. His final ball isn't anything to write home about mind you but at least he can potentially give you an out ball. Defensively he's pretty poor tbh. He has a lot of pace which does get him out of trouble at times as his positional sense is absolutely shocking. He won't shitebag out a challenge and I could never fault his effort. I do wish him luck as I have no ill feelings towards him but I'm glad we've seen the back of him from a playing point of view. 

12 hours ago, David W said:

Who did Duffy sign at the start of his managerial career given that he hadn't managed anyone yet?

I think Quitongo has been poor any time I've seen him but the Dumbarton fans were reasonably positive if I remember correctly. He does probably fall into the profile of the type of player we could reasonably be signing.

He made a lot of progress in his time with us but if I'm being honest now, he just isn't a very good defender. We lost numerous goals due to him sleeping at the back post and not marking his man, and as mentioned positionally he isn't great. He'll give you everything and will get forward if he's allowed. 

7 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Did Scullion forget which way we were shooting?

I'm not sure words can do it justice. Literally noone near him and he turns and rolls a shot in off the post from about 10 yards out. It will be on YouTube videos for decades. I'm struggling to remember a more avoidable goal.

Going 352 hasn't worked. Two of the centre halves can't cope in wide areas, wingbacks do nothing going forward and the three in midfield are completely overmatched being man to man. Not changing it after 20 minutes is criminal. 

Our only chance of a goal is a set piece and they've all been dreadful. Needless to say, Montrose scored from a corner.

Just now, David W said:

I'm not sure words can do it justice. Literally noone near him and he turns and rolls a shot in off the post from about 10 yards out. It will be on YouTube videos for decades. I'm struggling to remember a more avoidable goal.

Going 352 hasn't worked. Two of the centre halves can't cope in wide areas, wingbacks do nothing going forward and the three in midfield are completely overmatched being man to man. Not changing it after 20 minutes is criminal. 

Our only chance of a goal is a set piece and they've all been dreadful. Needless to say, Montrose scored from a corner.

Fair play for travelling to watch that mate.

2 minutes ago, David W said:

Why is he still on the park. Nowhere near good enough, get him in the bin.

14 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Why is he still on the park. Nowhere near good enough, get him in the bin.

I do feel for Scullion. He seems like a really nice laddie and you see his folks at the games every week, but he’s having an absolute shocker of an introduction into professional football. 

It’s because of absolutely shambolic recruitment that we have to play boys like him, they’re just not of the level required. It’s not their fault, but ultimately they get it in the neck.