Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

6 minutes ago, David W said:

He previously has a 1 win in 18 spell and then managed two more seasons.

That second half performance was nothing short of a disgrace, Parry excepted. He made three terrific saves. Two full backs posted missing and the centre of midfield was wide open.

Now without our only real centre midfielder for two games after a tackle that looked like a red (not sure how intentional it was). Surely we'll have someone else on loan.

His overall win ratio as Clyde manager must be absolutely brutal.

Not sure there was much contact from Roberts but he did throw himself into the challenge and seemed to be out of control so no chance it will be appealed or overturned.

I thought last week might have given us a lift and we did look ok in the first half. Lost a cheap goal right on half time and it was a horror show from then on. Parry the only one who turned up for the second half. 

3 hours ago, David W said:

No exaggeration that this could have ended up 7 or 8.

John Robertson must have a shout of divisional PotY.

He was released by St Johnstone, spotted at a game as a trialist (maybe even at Broadwood) by one of the club officials (who is no longer there) and Gary Naismith was persuaded to sign him 

So one Clyde possibly missed out on there.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

He was released by St Johnstone, spotted at a game as a trialist (maybe even at Broadwood) by one of the club officials (who is no longer there) and Gary Naismith was persuaded to sign him 

We would have made a good right back out of him.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Doesn’t surprise me we couldn’t spot a player to save our life’s meant to have a recruitment team an all 😂

14 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

His overall win ratio as Clyde manager must be absolutely brutal.

33.1% in his first spell and currently 6.67%. If you take out the season he got us to the play offs in his first spell then that percentage will be a good bit lower. 

For comparison, Danny Lennons was 39.9% and Barry Ferguson 38.3%. 

I know results haven't exactly improved since Duffys appointment this time round but lets not forget the utter shit show he walked into. 3/4 of that squad will be Lowland League at best next season (providing we're not stupid enough to keep them on). 

Edited by CM.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Was that the exit trials thing the players Union (I think) hold?

I don’t recall us ever signing a player from those? Although many of them included Robertson is likely outside our budget now sadly. 

27 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Was that the exit trials thing the players Union (I think) hold?

I don’t recall us ever signing a player from those? Although many of them included Robertson is likely outside our budget now sadly. 

Duffy signed about five for us from the exit trials a few years ago. So if you keep him on over the summer you might be in luck.

2 hours ago, David W said:

Highlights are on the Edinburgh YouTube.

Sula at the first goal and Scullion at the second... Absolutely dreadful.

Roberts' tackle is indeed a shocker and an absolute certain red card.

Agreed on all points, no idea what Sula is thinking on the first goal but it’s criminal and right before half time too. 

They absolutely battered us in that second half, a very sobering watch and the highlights don’t exaggerate edinburghs dominance.

No idea where we go from this next week but I’ll not be there. 

2 hours ago, David W said:

Highlights are on the Edinburgh YouTube.

Sula at the first goal and Scullion at the second... Absolutely dreadful.

Roberts' tackle is indeed a shocker and an absolute certain red card.

The highlights showed some absolute defensive masterclasses there.  I don't like being critical of Sula as I feel he puts in a lot of effort, but that was the sort of defensive howler we were all giving Thicot pelters for when he conceded that penalty.  When you have even a small glimmer of hope by going in level at half time, that just ruins it.  Also, no complaints on the Roberts red card, which looks like it was  completely borne out of frustration.  Annoying, because he's been really good of late, and his effort and desire have been a bright spot in some dire points this season.

The highlights package showed some class levels of tin-pottery.  The defensive howler for the first, the stadium being of the sort you'd expect to see at the lower levels of even the WOSFL (even Carluke's offers a better viewpoint) and the second ball floating around in the build up for the second goal (which despite the protests should not have seen the goal disallowed as it didn't impact on play, but looked decidedly amateurish...)

To be honest, the win last week against Peterhead covered up the cracks.  Although we won, we could easily have shipped a couple to them last week as defensively we were poor, only crap finishing spared us.  So it's no surprise that when a halfway decent striker comes up against us, we part like the Red Sea.

We desperately need a run of form to not only give us some confidence ahead of the play-offs, but also to shake off Peterhead, because as poor as they are, there's still only two points in it.

10 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

We desperately need a run of form to not only give us some confidence ahead of the play-offs, but also to shake off Peterhead, because as poor as they are, there's still only two points in it.

Yep. Them getting a draw against Kelty to cut it to 2 points isn't great. We need to be going up there towards the end of the season with enough of a cushion so that they can't overtake us if/when they win. 

The view from the highlights just shows how poor a stadium that is, letting the Edinburgh defender get a free run for the first was poor. I always have the fear at a set piece as we’ve been poor all year defending them. 

The second and third are a bit of a joke how easily Edinburgh played around us. 

No complaints on the red, that’s a shocking challenge. Montrose aren’t having the best of seasons but they’ll run over the top of us with the midfield we’ll have to put out.