Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Dickson

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/match/fixtures/1984/

Bobby Dickson was the regular in that era.  Craig Napier was the backup. 

That got me looking at results back then and Clyde did alright for a good while.  Derek Frye scoring hat-tricks either side of a winning goal at Killie in '83 for example.  Scoring 8 in 4 games the next season (2,3,2,1).

Not a good time for St.Johnstone!  Can't even remember St.Johnstone being relegated back then and also taking a wee bit of time to get back up.

24 minutes ago, RWB said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Dickson

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/match/fixtures/1984/

Bobby Dickson was the regular in that era.  Craig Napier was the backup. 

That got me looking at results back then and Clyde did alright for a good while.  Derek Frye scoring hat-tricks either side of a winning goal at Killie in '83 for example.  Scoring 8 in 4 games the next season (2,3,2,1).

Not a good time for St.Johnstone!  Can't even remember St.Johnstone being relegated back then and also taking a wee bit of time to get back up.

Fantastic. Thanks for this. Much appreciated. 

My first game going to see St Johnstone was 1987 season. From 1989 onwards it's been mostly a fantastic era for us. I've been very fortunate.

Edited by perthsaint1977

43 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Anyone know who the trialist was that started in the Glasgow Cup the other night?

Normally we list trialists by name in the 'Fixtures' section of the website but the Celtic B game hasn't been added yet.

Some guy from way down the food chain just making up the numbers. A Danny Lennon signing written all over it so at least he's not here now to do that!

Edited by CM.

Edinburgh have been awful but have forced Parry into a great save after a nice move and obviously scored as we stand watching them convert a corner. 

We've consistently been in good positions but our only threat was a misfit cross.

Very frustrating.

Absolutely scudded off a team with a row of seats alongside a sports centre as a home. Dreadful fan experience and second half a complete farce on the park. Liam Fontaine strolled it, can someone tell me what Kyle Docherty is meant to offer, forgot he was playing.  

17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I make it one win in fifteen for Jim Duffy since her took over.

There's no way the board can justify giving him an extension into next season.

Im already dreading the thought of it for another season. They wont sack him due to finances. Lennon was sacked with a better track record, albeit a poor one this season. The Club should be taking steps to sound out a coach/manager. E.g Lee Sharp has worked for the Club before and has the experience of being assistant/first team coach at Alloa, St Mirren and Aberdeen. The Club could do worse than asking if hes interested for next year. No doubt there must be a few coaches. It must be better than this but I have no faith in them to do it with the track record over the last 12 months.

44 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I make it one win in fifteen for Jim Duffy since her took over.

There's no way the board can justify giving him an extension into next season.

He previously has a 1 win in 18 spell and then managed two more seasons.

That second half performance was nothing short of a disgrace, Parry excepted. He made three terrific saves. Two full backs posted missing and the centre of midfield was wide open.

Now without our only real centre midfielder for two games after a tackle that looked like a red (not sure how intentional it was). Surely we'll have someone else on loan.