Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Didn't even bother today. Decided to go watch a local junior side. 

Went along to watch Kilwinning Rangers and the match day is night and day to ours. Fantastic set up, good prices and a good feel around the place. Even small clubs like them have a better set up than us (suppose we don't even have one).

It's fuckin frightening how far we are behind even junior clubs now and can see us passing them if we keep going this way. They have 3 sides of covers terrace and a small seated stand (would be too small for our level...at the moment) but if we could replicate that with a slightly bigger seated stand with a roof then it would be a great set up. They have a great grass pitch coupled with 4g pitches behind them and a great clubhouse for a pint. 

But no chance our board and their magic money tree can do that

40 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Went along to watch Kilwinning Rangers and the match day is night and day to ours. Fantastic set up, good prices and a good feel around the place. Even small clubs like them have a better set up than us (suppose we don't even have one).

It's fuckin frightening how far we are behind even junior clubs now and can see us passing them if we keep going this way. They have 3 sides of covers terrace and a small seated stand (would be too small for our level...at the moment) but if we could replicate that with a slightly bigger seated stand with a roof then it would be a great set up. They have a great grass pitch coupled with 4g pitches behind them and a great clubhouse for a pint. 

I can't blame you. Whilst they may be trying the squad have lost all/any confidence from the first few games this season. I can't remember the last game I came away from being able to say it was a good watch. As soon as they concede it is inevitable the games done.  Making the playoffs are a frightening prospect because some of the League 2 sides will easily compete with us. A case in point is Dumbarton in the cup- who looked as though they were in a training session with us. If they don't win league 2 we are going down. And also more worryingly Elgin (who sit 5th in L2) who we didn't break down, it took penalties. So we couldn't beat a team in 90 mins who currently lie below the playoffs in League 2. 

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

Sums you up really going to watch a junior side over Clyde fc

your an embarrassment 

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Sums you up really going to watch a junior side over Clyde fc

your an embarrassment 

I think you'll find the embarrassment is anyone who believes in the board, players or manager. 

Players, board and manager chucked it weeks ago so why should I shell out twice the cash to watch when no one else at the club cares. But feel free to happy clap to relegation. I'll make my feelings clear to the board by walking away toll they do

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

I think you'll find the embarrassment is anyone who believes in the board, players or manager. 

Players, board and manager chucked it weeks ago so why should I shell out twice the cash to watch when no one else at the club cares. But feel free to happy clap to relegation. I'll make my feelings clear to the board by walking away toll they do

Just put hat Choo c..t on ignore in your settings mate. Anyway….I packed it in earlier in the season. Totally agree with your thoughts about the set ups of some of the junior clubs have rightly shown up others “senior” clubs who were just treading water before, Berwick, East Stirling, Cowdenbeath etc. Looking back now…Cumbernauld was a wasted opportunity and giving Lennon a new contract in May 22 was one of the worst decisions made by the Club. 

16 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Let’s call this chat the Clyde fc fair weather supporters club who would  rather watch a pish junior side who are that bad they sacked their manager than our great club who are going through a difficult time but we will get through it.

Just watched highlights and as I thought, yes we lose possession cheaply with Hynes poor touch but once again Parry looks really slow to get down, whether or not it’s a decent strike, he should be doing better.

Is and has been another recurring issue and weakness in this side.

8 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Parry looks really slow to get down, whether or not it’s a decent strike, he should be doing better.

Wullie Muir is available - I'd love to just nip the Parry issue in the bud and try and get him in. Unless obviously there extenuating circumstances but it looks like he left Alloa due to lack of game time.

I didn't think Parry was too clever for the Dunfermline goal last week either although Cuddihy should've done more to stop the boy getting his shot away in the first place. 

He isn't perfect by any means but I do think he's been made a bit of a scapegoat since joining us. He's won us a fair number of points too, more so last season but even the opening game of this season where he saves a penalty at 2-1 and we go on to win 4-1. I actually think we might've got relegated last season if Parry wasn't available when Mitchell left and we were stuck with JBH. 

He's not getting any younger so I probably would move him on in the summer and Muir would seem like a good replacement (especially if we're in L2) but I just personally don't think Parry's been as bad as some seem to think.

There is an alarming decline in his performance even from last season to this one unfortunately.  Any shot hit early or from distance to a corner inevitably ends up in the net.  
2 seasons to far for him I’m afraid!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

I would agree there’s been a bit of a decline recently with Parry, but he has definitely been a scapegoat since coming to us from the start and I think most of the criticism has been over the top. 

Mitchell moved to hibs on the final day of the summer window, Parry at that time was as good a replacement as we’d have got. I would move him on in the summer, but Mullen and Bradley-Hurst aren’t good enough to put him out the team. 

10 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I would agree there’s been a bit of a decline recently with Parry, but he has definitely been a scapegoat since coming to us from the start and I think most of the criticism has been over the top. 

Mitchell moved to hibs on the final day of the summer window, Parry at that time was as good a replacement as we’d have got. I would move him on in the summer, but Mullen and Bradley-Hurst aren’t good enough to put him out the team. 

So how on earth have we ended up with 3 such poor GKs?

If Parry has so many weaknesses, why not give 1 of the 2 others a go?  In addition to his slowness to get down as exemplified V Dunfermline last week, I feel getting chipped V Edin showed another deficit in his game. This seems like a season too far for the big fellow.

Just now, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

So how on earth have we ended up with 3 such poor GKs?

If Parry has so many weaknesses, why not give 1 of the 2 others a go?  In addition to his slowness to get down as exemplified V Dunfermline last week, I feel getting chipped V Edin showed another deficit in his game. This seems like a season too far for the big fellow.

Bradley-Hurst had more than enough chances. Terrible goalie, who was literally worth a goal a game to the other team.

Mullen had a few chances but has been injured since DL's last game. I actually thought he was decent enough and I'd stick him back in when fit.

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Had he been a scapegoat or has he just been poor?

Criticism of Parry pales in comparison with the criticisms of Lyons, Thicot and Cameron.

The simple fact is all have been pretty awful this season.

Edited by haufdaft

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Had he been a scapegoat or has he just been poor?

Criticism of Parry pales in comparison with the criticisms of Lyons, Thicot and Cameron.

The simple fact is all have been pretty awful this season.

I’d say pretty soon after Parry signed he was catching it from the fans, but I agree he’s been poor this season. 

Despite the obvious dip in his performances, I definitely agree Parry has been made a scapegoat. If he makes a mistake, it's a goal (most of the time). He's 37 now and a sharp decline can happen - that doesn't take away from the fact he's probably been the best part time goalkeeper in Scotland for the past decade and deserves far more respect from our fans.

It doesn't help that he has had next to no protection from his defence, and I'm not sure there are many goalies that would fare much better with the likes of Lyon, Thicot, Balatoni, Scullion, Kennedy, Mortimer, Hendji etc in front of him. That has made Parry's drop off look a million times worse.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Can’t say I agree Brian, we all know the mince in front of him but I will also say that there are shots that at this level we expect keepers to save 8 times of 10. I’m afraid he is simply not saving these same shots at an alarming rate.
Unfortunately goal keepers can’t hide from mistakes and Parry is now doing so most games. It’s a shame as I agree that he has had a fantastic part time career but it’s over now I’m afraid.
Not a scapegoat at all there are several of those in this mob from Lyon to Thicot to Rodden etc the list Danny Lennon role of ‘honour’ is I’m afraid endless.