Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

16 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Question: how much did Falkirk pay for Jordan Allan? Find it mental that they’re facing a black hole in their finances if anything from a thrupney bit to half a million pounds, yet can splash out on a striker.

Allan’s contract was only until the end of the season, so I doubt they would’ve needed to stump up a lot of cash to get him off us. 

51 minutes ago, David W said:

We don't score from set pieces.

I thought Grant came onto a decent game in the few weeks around October/November. His performance at EEP was as good as any Clyde centre half for years. He's good at defending inside the box, reads danger well. Not great outside it at all as he is slow.

Although he wasnt great passing out from the back, I'd say he's suffered most from Duffy's more direct approach as he is diabolical at hitting the ball long. Just punts the ball in no real direction.

This move just screams DUFFY to be honest.

In my opinion Grant  was an extreme disappointment. Classic Lennon signing, a player on reputation and not actually watching him. Best days are long gone. Very good in the air if defending a direct ball.

Zero pace and his general movement was so laboured it looks like he is I constant pain and stiff. The classic case of your Da helping you out at fives, decent I’m his day but now can’t move.

Whether McGeever is any better remains to be seen but can’t be any worse and if memory serves is much , much more physical than Grant. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

6 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Allan’s contract was only until the end of the season, so I doubt they would’ve needed to stump up a lot of cash to get him off us. 

This plus a player getting the chance to go fulltime again, he may even had a clause to allow him to go to a fulltime team. 

This deal makes zero sense to me. Not sure how we can afford to give game time to a guy who’s clearly miles off match sharpness either given we are in a relegation dog fight.

Peter Grant has been disappointing and slow as a week in the jail but still managed to look the pick of our defence so far.

Hopefully big Sula continues his form in there as we need him more than ever. 

2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

We are already looking forward to his playoff final winner that keeps you lot down. 

I know Clyde are a shambles and would probably do something stupid like let their on loan captain line up against them in a play off final, but I suspect the Sons staff are a wee bit more switched on than that. Try and not break him any more than he already is, okay?

1 hour ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Question: how much did Falkirk pay for Jordan Allan? Find it mental that they’re facing a black hole in their finances if anything from a thrupney bit to half a million pounds, yet can splash out on a striker.

What black hole is this? The NBP exchange rate is as strong as ever despite a small accidental loss of £1.1m last season. I suspect the fee we paid was around £30k but have no idea really 

50 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

This deal makes zero sense to me. Not sure how we can afford to give game time to a guy who’s clearly miles off match sharpness either given we are in a relegation dog fight.

Peter Grant has been disappointing and slow as a week in the jail but still managed to look the pick of our defence so far.

Hopefully big Sula continues his form in there as we need him more than ever. 

Could we send Thicot and say it was mistaken identity?

McGeever, Rennie, Doherty, Salkeld and Hynes in with Grant, Hendji, Rodden, Cassidy and Allan out is a far busier January than I expected. 

I still think we are really weak in the wide midfield areas and could’ve done with at least 1 in for there, but overall the squad looks a bit better with more depth. 

On the whole, the January arrivals are of a higher standard than the players that have left, so that's nice.

I agree that we're weak out wide, but playing a formation that suits the players may negate that. Wullie Muir is also now a free agent, so if Parry continues to nosedive I'd like to see Mullen punted and Muir in. Pipe dream though.

In my opinion, the starting line up should be:

Parry

Hynes, McGeever, Sula, Craig

Cuddihy, Roberts

Salkeld

Cunningham, Rennie, Doherty

The return of Duthie should strengthen the wide areas and I have a feeling we'll see more of Cunningham there too now we have 2 new strikers. 

Like I said yesterday LB and middle of the park the obvious areas to me if we're looking at a couple more additions 

Edited by CM.

f**k me. Our bench is absolutely shocking, shit sloppy goal to concede again. Need more players in asap cuz none of those players on the bench are worth bringing on. 19 points behind so playoffs it is if we can even manage that ffs. Doherty was abysmal and can’t understand why Rennie isn’t playing in the centre because him and Salkeld look like our only hopes of reaching the playoffs. Thought McGeever and Sula had a good partnership and should do ok until the end of the season. How Cameron and McDonald are still with us I have no idea but I’d be paying them to stay away rather than turn up to the game. Next game against Peterhead absolutely must win