Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

7 minutes ago, David W said:

Hendji away. On the ball he was akin to when Parry decides to have a wander outfield.

He managed to go a wander against accies before giving it to Cunningham scored, but that was probably the only one that had anything at the end of it. 

On 30/01/2023 at 14:24, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Alan Lithgow away from Morton, would be a great signing for us but doubt we have the funds n he probably wouldn’t want to drop to part time 

Aye, that's all we need - a convicted flasher to restore our reputation!

Makes perfect sense to swap one 28 year old lumbering centreback, who's previously played for Falkirk and Queen's Park, for another 28 year old lumbering centreback, who's previously played for Falkirk and Queen's Park.

I like McGeever and would have been happy to sign him any summer in the last couple of years, but this is a rather odd way of going about it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Big McGeever was solid enough for us before his injury but unfortunately he’s barely kicked a ball for the best part of 2 years now. He’s absolutely miles off the pace and the very few occassions we’ve had to rely on him have been a total disaster - a 7-0 pumping off Rangers B and a red card within 20 mins against Forfar last month. Good luck to the guy, but I think it shows how far off it he is that we’ve loaned out our club captain for a bit of a puddin’ in Grant.

Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

I like McGeever and would have been happy to sign him any of the last couple of years, but this is a rather odd way of going about it.

Agreed, but it makes sense that Duffy would want someone he trusts to be the anchor of the defence.

McGeever and Sula as a pairing seem like a potentially decent match.

I hope big Ryan McGeever does you guys a good turn. He's barely kicked a ball in 14 months, so it will take him a few weeks to get up to speed, but he's a really solid League One defender when he's fully fit and firing. A goal threat from dead balls too.

We just couldn't risk throwing him in given the title fight we're in, and with Buchanan and Carswell having been superb this season. He's still our captain and I'd hope he can come back in the summer and be a big player for us again.

He's a cracking guy as well. I did quite a few co-commentaries with him and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him a bit more.

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I hope big Ryan McGeever does you guys a good turn. He's barely kicked a ball in 14 months, so it will take him a few weeks to get up to speed, but he's a really solid League One defender when he's fully fit and firing. A goal threat from dead balls too.

We just couldn't risk throwing him in given the title fight we're in, and with Buchanan and Carswell having been superb this season. He's still our captain and I'd hope he can come back in the summer and be a big player for us again.

He's a cracking guy as well. I did quite a few co-commentaries with him and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him a bit more.

We don't score from set pieces.

I thought Grant came onto a decent game in the few weeks around October/November. His performance at EEP was as good as any Clyde centre half for years. He's good at defending inside the box, reads danger well. Not great outside it at all as he is slow.

Although he wasnt great passing out from the back, I'd say he's suffered most from Duffy's more direct approach as he is diabolical at hitting the ball long. Just punts the ball in no real direction.

This move just screams DUFFY to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Question: how much did Falkirk pay for Jordan Allan? Find it mental that they’re facing a black hole in their finances if anything from a thrupney bit to half a million pounds, yet can splash out on a striker.

The navy blue pound can’t be stopped. 

16 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Question: how much did Falkirk pay for Jordan Allan? Find it mental that they’re facing a black hole in their finances if anything from a thrupney bit to half a million pounds, yet can splash out on a striker.

Allan’s contract was only until the end of the season, so I doubt they would’ve needed to stump up a lot of cash to get him off us.