Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd say 20k's probably still a bit over what we've paid. We were far more desperate last January given how hopeless we were and I'd imagine Goodwillie was on a fair bit more for you lot than you were paying Jordan Allan.

I’d imagine the fee is a bit of a pittance, considering we either sell him now or lose him for free in the summer. Given he’s our only real saleable asset and we’re in no position to hold out, it was probably a bit low ball.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd say 20k's probably still a bit over what we've paid. We were far more desperate last January given how hopeless we were and I'd imagine Goodwillie was on a fair bit more for you lot than you were paying Jordan Allan.

No chance you would pay 20k for Jordan Allan w ith his  contract up in 5 months,  5k max I would reckon..

Jordan Allan a player I have followed since he made his debut at 14,    This signing shows there are no strikers in Scottish football,    can he play consistent top 4 in League 1 or higher,  IMO no, it's above his level,  he will score goals for Clyde in a lost cause game,    can he deliver when the real pressure is o n, he couldn't at Airdrie last season with a very good supporting cast....  

interesting remainder of the season....

I see it as a real possibility that with the state of the club they will follow the likes of Cowdenbeath and Brechin with multiple relegations within a short space of time. In my opinion we are actually much much more vulnerable to it than they were. Its clear this season is all but done and any money from Allan leaving should be put into bringing in proven league 2 players. The two strikers brought in recently are a start.

19 minutes ago, BonnieClyde said:

I see it as a real possibility that with the state of the club they will follow the likes of Cowdenbeath and Brechin with multiple relegations within a short space of time. In my opinion we are actually much much more vulnerable to it than they were. Its clear this season is all but done and any money from Allan leaving should be put into bringing in proven league 2 players. The two strikers brought in recently are a start.

We need a different manager that's the first thing we need before we go any further down this dark road.

does no one else see this.

we need a young ambitious manager who will give us 3-5 years and we need a business and football plan.

stop Jim Duffy before he does any more damage and lets be honest he hasn't improved anything.

24 minutes ago, BonnieClyde said:

Agreed. I shudder to think what next season will be like.

I also think we're now beyond the point where any manager worth their salt will see us as some kind of 'project', if that makes any sense. When Danny Lennon came in, we had a decent L2 squad and were misfiring, so the potential was there for improvement. We're just on a downward spiral now.

The time to change the manager was at the end of last season. We'd avoided the relegation play offs by the skin of our teeth and needed a whole new squad. That's a potentially attractive situation for a manager to walk in to. A replacement for DL should have been sounded out when we were approaching the end of the season and the change should have been made as soon as the final whistle blew on the last game. Instead, we gave Danny Lennon a new deal and allowed him to build a new squad despite his track record of not being able to do that. We've absolutely hamstrung ourselves and the decision to keep Danny Lennon will have horrible lasting effects for years to come. We're now bottom of the league with a terrible manager and one of the worst squads in my lifetime.

Don't get me wrong, we could have made a bad appointment, or even a good appointment that didn't work, but the time to roll the dice was a year ago and that's what's seeing us in this current horrendous situation.

10 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

We need a different manager that's the first thing we need before we go any further down this dark road.

does no one else see this.

we need a young ambitious manager who will give us 3-5 years and we need a business and football plan.

stop Jim Duffy before he does any more damage and lets be honest he hasn't improved anything.

Do you not remember the New Year statement on the official site? They referred to requiring personal donations to bridge the short term financial gap for signings. In other words it would seem the finances are not good and generally the messages coming from the club don't fill you with any confidence. The Club will not get rid of Duffy and don't have the money to do so.

This season will play out in one of two ways. Option 1: Duffy manages to get us to a playoff and keep us up. It looks less likely this will happen from what i've seen, and it would be a managerial feat based on current circumstances.  But if it does happen he will no doubt be given another season by the board. Next season we then get relegated due to an even lower budget and an even worse points tally due to not being able to compete. Option 2: We get relegated. The board give Duffy another season probably citing his efforts and it being difficult taking over from Lennon. Either way Duffy is staying unless he chooses to walk.  Another indication is the signings on 18 month deals. There is a strong whiff that Duffy will be here next year.

Edited by BonnieClyde

On 26/01/2023 at 23:28, FFC 1876 said:

Doesn't make sense signing a player who's managed to score 10 goals in 17 games for the worst Clyde team in history does it?

I think that you will find that most us agree that this makes great sense.  He won't win much in the air, but play the ball on the deck and give him good service, and JA will score well above his tally for us.  He also has one of the best work ethics that I have even seen in a striker.  A cracking signing for FFC and I wish him well. 

Disappointed but truthfully not suprised about Jordan. I would do the same (as a player) especially in lieu of the clubs current predicament. 

Be interesting to see if we bring anyone in, we managed to get Jamieson in last year.. Realistically any half decent player we have is gonna leave for FT football.

30 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

If that’s true he should be sacked for that alone.

Well done Jim duffy

1-1 against league leaders And lifted us of the bottom of the table and he’s clearing the decks and making room for his new signings 👏

I’m still not a fan of JD but he deserves credit for today.