Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

21 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Jordan Allan to Falkirk, that's us absolutely goosed. The one player that's shown a bit of balls and endeavour.

Normally I'd maybe say something like 'at least we get a bit of a fee' but I have no trust in the club to have valued the player correctly, or even if they had, make sure the money goes where it should.

Just an absolute shambles from the start (well, the fourth game) of the season.

What would you value him at?

Did suspect we'd see one of Cunningham or Allan away given we've signed two strikers this month. Definitely weakens us but we can only wait and see how Doherty does now I guess. Better letting Allan go for a fair price now if he wanted away than clinging on to an unhappy player we'd be losing at the end of the season anyway.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Talk to me, what can we expect?

He's small but has pretty good hold up play, and he's a good finisher. I think he'd be fantastic in a two - maybe with someone like Burrell? Not necessarily as the 'wee guy' but just to have someone close to him to play off of, as he would become quite isolated.

He's scored 10 goals in probably the worst Clyde team in my lifetime, which is some feat.

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

Talk to me, what can we expect?

Extremely hard worker, quite strong despite his size, willing runner in the channels and in behind. His link-up play isn't outstanding but he runs quite well with the ball, although decision making in terms of the pass or shot is lacking a little. His work-rate is definitely his stand-out attribute but he's by no means a ringer. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on at a front-footed team that will actually "play football", hope he does well as he's been one of very few things to enjoy about this season from a Clyde perspective. Hopefully see him again next season, of course.

6 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

What would you value him at?

As he's the only player we have that's consistently scored, or even just not been completely terrible, I'd say his value to us as a club is potentially the difference between getting into the play-offs in 9th and being automatically relegated. 

I can't see us replacing him, or putting the fee to any sort of use. As I say, it'd be a very different story if I could see us being able to do something with the fee.

I'm not entirely sure whether you're being stupid and attempting snide or are genuinely interested in my opinion, but I'll go with the former and pepper you with my opinion regardless.

I agree, if we are getting money for him then take it. I also agree he will be missed as he has actually scored goals in a truly awful team.
Whether or not Falkirk are getting the great striker they think they are getting remains to be seen in my opinion. 
He, like most players at this level, misses a fair number of chances and first touch is actually pretty poor. 
However, he worked really hard for us and good luck to him now he is back in full time football. I only hope we actually got a decent fee for him.

Be nice if we manage to use some of the cash to get either a decent CH or proper midfield player. Don’t hold my breath right enough. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

As he's the only player we have that's consistently scored, or even just not been completely terrible, I'd say his value to us as a club is potentially the difference between getting into the play-offs in 9th and being automatically relegated. 

I can't see us replacing him, or putting the fee to any sort of use. As I say, it'd be a very different story if I could see us being able to do something with the fee.

I'm not entirely sure whether you're being stupid and attempting snide or are genuinely interested in my opinion, but I'll go with the former and pepper you with my opinion regardless.

I was actually just genuinely wondering what sort of fee you’d think was acceptable 😂

Given the fact we've signed four players and only offloaded two jobbers in this window, it's also very fanciful to think this move hadn't been in the pipeline for a while. We have absolutely no money and are yelling timber at an alarming volume; I'd imagine any fee will be going towards covering the wages of the lads that have come in.

Don’t know why any fans should bother turning up for the rest of the season, we’ve clearly chucked it. Ray Grant crocked and Jordan Allan sold, about the only 2 from that rabble who were worth watching. The relegation express is at full steam ahead. 

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Really disappointing to see Allan go as he was one of the few players actually worth turning up to see. Not surprising though and, as others say, he was always going to be away at some point soon.

That's us guaranteed 10th place then.

Would you take Danny Lennon back and bump Jim Duffy 

3 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Falkirk must have space on their bench why else would they sign a player from the worst Clyde team in history 

Doesn't make sense signing a player who's managed to score 10 goals in 17 games for the worst Clyde team in history does it?